2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

11 hours ago, jmac5058 said:

Just ordered mine 10 days ago and had my build date moved back a week to December 6 today , is it at all possible to add any options once a vin and build date has been given . Sorry if this is not the place to ask this .

You ordered 10 days ago and they gave you a vin and scheduled it while they weren’t scheduling trucks? 

After showing on tracker "in production" since 10/18/21, Ford finally updated the tracker for my truck (22 F350 6.7 Tremor Lariat Value w/blackout, NO AS, tonneau, mud flaps,suppl heater, engine block heater, winch, 5th wheel prep, rain sensing wipers, upfitter, roof clearance lights);

7/13 confirmed

10/21 (WS posted)

11/8 (in production) (original in production was 10/18 that Ford sent me an email. They sent another that said changed to 10/25, now 11/8)

Built N/A

Shipped N/A

Estimated Delivery (WI) says 12/8/21!!!!! 

So looks like I'll have it before Christmas

Edited by Baddestt

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

You ordered 10 days ago and they gave you a vin and scheduled it while they weren’t scheduling trucks? 

Ordered 9/28 Confirmed 9/29 10/14 received production date of 11/8 11/9 received new production date of 11/15 Still no WS available 

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

My truck was ordered April 19th and Covp June 14th I still have no build date do you have any idea when they are going to start doing build dates again 

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's related to Fleet orders only! The timetable for 2022MY Super Duty "Balance Out" for stock and retail orders hasn't even been released yet.  

1 hour ago, Rcpd34 said:

Still pretty good considering some of us have been waiting for months with no word. It’s very frustrating watching others jump to the head of the line for no apparent reason.

I feel your pain. I finally got built after ordering in March. 6.7 F250 Platinum. Dropped AS in July and got nowhere till October. Now that I am built shipping is taking it's sweet time. 30 days today being shipped to north Alabama. Been sitting at a rail yard in Atlanta since the 25th along with 27 other cars and trucks for the same dealer. Ford estimated 18 days to ship but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they can't get that correct either.

38 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

I feel your pain. I finally got built after ordering in March. 6.7 F250 Platinum. Dropped AS in July and got nowhere till October. Now that I am built shipping is taking it's sweet time. 30 days today being shipped to north Alabama. Been sitting at a rail yard in Atlanta since the 25th along with 27 other cars and trucks for the same dealer. Ford estimated 18 days to ship but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they can't get that correct either.

At least I'm not the only one. Ford estimated a 15 day delivery to NC. Today is day 28 and it's still not here. The last update I got was that it was still sitting in KY.

9 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

At least I'm not the only one. Ford estimated a 15 day delivery to NC. Today is day 28 and it's still not here. The last update I got was that it was still sitting in KY.

I got the VVR from my sales manager with the railcar number and called Norfolk Southern a couple of times. I got a super helpful lady who gave me a ton of info. It sat in KY for a while too before being shipped, but once it was on the move it didn't take long. My truck was unloaded in less than 3 hours once it got to the yard. The problem in my case is the time from the yard to the dealer. No idea how to track that or who to call for info. SM told me he sometimes gets a day notice when shipments come in but not always.

This is certainly a first world problem but it is causing problems at the dealers as well. I hope they get a fix to it soon. I started this process last November looking for a truck. I couldn't find the right one so I delayed a bit to get a 22. I thought by ordering it as soon a possible that would help. Originally they were to be starting production in June. I honestly expected to have my truck before August. Now I don't know when I will get it.

18 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

I got the VVR from my sales manager with the railcar number and called Norfolk Southern a couple of times. I got a super helpful lady who gave me a ton of info. It sat in KY for a while too before being shipped, but once it was on the move it didn't take long. My truck was unloaded in less than 3 hours once it got to the yard. The problem in my case is the time from the yard to the dealer. No idea how to track that or who to call for info. SM told me he sometimes gets a day notice when shipments come in but not always.

This is certainly a first world problem but it is causing problems at the dealers as well. I hope they get a fix to it soon. I started this process last November looking for a truck. I couldn't find the right one so I delayed a bit to get a 22. I thought by ordering it as soon a possible that would help. Originally they were to be starting production in June. I honestly expected to have my truck before August. Now I don't know when I will get it.

I've asked my dealer repeatedly for the railcar number but he insists he doesn't have it. I've even sent him screenshots of where he can find it (from a thread on the FTE forums) but he said that's not what he sees. Honestly, I expected delays during the scheduling and build process so that part of the process wasn't that bad. But I never expected shipping to be as much of a pain as it has been. Based on the spreadsheet on FTE forums most trucks going to NC made it in about 9 days. But of course I'm not that lucky. And not having any way to track the truck just makes it worse. The dealer told me they're waiting on 4 trucks that are past their due date and that "we should see it any day now". But he's been saying that for about 3 weeks now. So who knows...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

I've asked my dealer repeatedly for the railcar number but he insists he doesn't have it. I've even sent him screenshots of where he can find it (from a thread on the FTE forums) but he said that's not what he sees. Honestly, I expected delays during the scheduling and build process so that part of the process wasn't that bad. But I never expected shipping to be as much of a pain as it has been. Based on the spreadsheet on FTE forums most trucks going to NC made it in about 9 days. But of course I'm not that lucky. And not having any way to track the truck just makes it worse. The dealer told me they're waiting on 4 trucks that are past their due date and that "we should see it any day now". But he's been saying that for about 3 weeks now. So who knows...

Another Dealer that can't be bother or doesn't know how to use the Vehicle Visibility system to provide the information you've requested. The rail car information is always on the Vehicle Visibility report. He/she needs to look at the "Full Table" and not just the default/latest status.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

Yeah what's odd to me is that there is at least 3 full transport trucks to send to my dealer sitting in the same place. It seems like making a full run to them would be priority for the trucking company. IDK what the limit is for hauling F250s but they have 8 in the same yard along with 20 other vehicles one of which I was told is a GT500. I am sure it is financially frustrating for them but it is agonizing for us who are excited to get our new vehicles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

Still pretty good considering some of us have been waiting for months with no word. It’s very frustrating watching others jump to the head of the line for no apparent reason.

It feels like a bad merge when traffic is made worse by the people who keep driving up the shoulder. I agree. Ford shouldn’t be scheduling anyone ahead of people who have had orders outstanding for months. Especially people who paid a deposit. 

17 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

It feels like a bad merge when traffic is made worse by the people who keep driving up the shoulder. I agree. Ford shouldn’t be scheduling anyone ahead of people who have had orders outstanding for months. Especially people who paid a deposit. 

Ford doesn’t take deposits - that’s between you and the dealer.  Anyone with an old order is now at priority 2 and if those trucks could be built they would be built already.  It’s not a priority issue it’s a parts issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford doesn’t take deposits - that’s between you and the dealer.  Anyone with an old order is now at priority 2 and if those trucks could be built they would be built already.  It’s not a priority issue it’s a parts issue.

Ford sees the deposit when they take the order. They also know that they have a long line of unfulfilled orders and have offered nothing to the customers. 

8 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

When did you order? I’m waiting for the same thing but ordered 6/28. 

I ordered April 20th. Below is my timeline… And with Veterans Day this Thursday, my truck will be delayed yet again. So frustrating when I am this close to getting my hands on this truck.

F450 Platinum with 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

• Ordered Confirmed: 20 April 2021.
  • 1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 
  • Order Adjustment: 16 August 2021, removed Adaptive Steering.
  • Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.
  • Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 
  • notified by dealer 21 October 2021 that the truck has a build day now.
  • dealer notification that truck is sent to plant 29 October 2021. 
  • In Production: 4 November 2021. (Plant was shut-down 1-5 November so my build did not happen)
  • Built: N/A
  • Shipped: N/A
  • Delivery Date: N/A

Since order 20 Apr 2021: 201 days as 9 Nov 2021

Since job #1 start on 10 July 2021: 130 days as of 9 Nov 2021

Edited by ikre8kos4u
Typo

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

Ford sees the deposit when they take the order. They also know that they have a long line of unfulfilled orders and have offered nothing to the customers. 

They absolutely don’t see the deposit nor do they care.  All they care about is the priority, whether they have all the parts to build it and whether the dealer has allocation or not.  

It would be stupid to stop building all trucks just because a small number can’t be built right now.

2 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I guess this comes down to how the dealer took your order. Mine was very straight up and told me 6-8 months ETA when i ordered on June 6th.(My truck is scheduled to be built on the 17th of this month) There is no simple or quick fix for the issues ford and many others are facing in production. The fastest fix is for things further up the chain to return to normal but that's not happening quickly either and is out of the control of Ford or your dealer.

The Dealer allocation and priority codes work best under normal circumstances, and right now is not one of them, there are going to be trucks that "slip through the cracks" so to speak just due to unlucky timing of dealer allocations and parts availability. Dealers and ford are doing their best to overcome this by moving these long term waiters up to a 02 or 01 priority, but obviously the root of the supply issue still exists.

Halting production of trucks that can be built because there are some old orders pending that cannot be built does not make any business sense in the slightest. That is a totally unrealistic expectation.

Is frustrating.. sure...
Is ford doing everything in their power to get these trucks built... Im sure they are as its their bottom dollar...
Is your dealer doing everything it can to get their orders built... again its money in the bank for them to deliver your truck, as my sales guy mentioned to me when i ordered "I wish this stack of $100k pieces of paper paid the bills" (speaking about the build summary and confirmation sheets)

Edited by mattdm

25 minutes ago, mattdm said:

I guess this comes down to how the dealer took your order. Mine was very straight up and told me 6-8 months ETA when i ordered on June 6th.(My truck is scheduled to be built on the 17th of this month) There is no simple or quick fix for the issues ford and many others are facing in production. The fastest fix is for things further up the chain to return to normal but that's not happening quickly either and is out of the control of Ford or your dealer.

The Dealer allocation and priority codes work best under normal circumstances, and right now is not one of them, there are going to be trucks that "slip through the cracks" so to speak just due to unlucky timing of dealer allocations and parts availability. Dealers and ford are doing their best to overcome this by moving these long term waiters up to a 02 or 01 priority, but obviously the root of the supply issue still exists.

Halting production of trucks that can be built because there are some old orders pending that cannot be built does not make any business sense in the slightest. That is a totally unrealistic expectation.

Is frustrating.. sure...
Is ford doing everything in their power to get these trucks built... Im sure they are as its their bottom dollar...
Is your dealer doing everything it can to get their orders built... again its money in the bank for them to deliver your truck, as my sales guy mentioned to me when i ordered "I wish this stack of $100k pieces of paper paid the bills" (speaking about the build summary and confirmation sheets)

Except I’m seeing similarly ordered trucks and Broncos, where the new orders are fulfilled quickly and the old orders sit for months. Makes zero sense.

11 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

Yes order confirmed 10-27 , build date 11-29  with a vin  .  Now on 11-8 got e mail from ford changing the build to the week of 12-6 . It is a regular cab that could be why so soon 

So I just spoke with my sales manager. He said he needed to talk to someone else that already went home for the day to find out my priority number! It told him it's on my order and got him to look it up. But why does the sales managers not even know what we are talking about with priority codes. The lady he mentioned and I told to before sounded like she knew exactly what to do and what's going on. But ANYONE in sales is completely clueless. (Except one guy that knew where to add my email)

But to add my email they moved me to a priority 10 and I did get told just now it was moved back to priority 02. Makes me feel alittle better. I was stressed adding my email delayed my order...