2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hey guys, I've been reading along for a little while now since I ordered my 250 and thank you all for the insight into the challenges we all face. Down here in South Florida there are plenty of Ford dealers and I know we all hate paying MSRP if we don't have to. I was wondering if in the order process any one had any luck getting dealers to compete for your order? Giving discounts, incentives, etc? Im only 3 weeks into my order (250 platinum tremor, AS, Bedliner and almost everything else that can hold it up) and just now thinking of this, I don't mind canceling and reordering should someone want to make a deal. If this is the new way to buy a truck, maybe they need to come up with a new way to get the order as its the same process roughly from anyone.   

On 11/9/2021 at 11:00 AM, Imarkdirt said:

It’s very frustrating watching others jump to the head of the line for no apparent reason.

I called my dealer earlier this week to change from a 250 to a 350 (Tremor so it's really just a sticker and a badge). They called me back, and told me they were afraid to make the change because Ford moved me up to Priority Code 2 for some reason.

None of us know why.

53 minutes ago, Gadgetwiz said:

I called my dealer earlier this week to change from a 250 to a 350 (Tremor so it's really just a sticker and a badge). They called me back, and told me they were afraid to make the change because Ford moved me up to Priority Code 2 for some reason.

None of us know why.

I think that would require you having a whole new order. And if your not towing much. (You got the tremor) you might not need the extra payload. 

Just got my window sticker printed today for a 250 XLT. I hadn't checked in a few days. Suddenly it's marked in production, but no email letting me know as such - last one I got was a notification of a week slippage to build week next week.

I'm hoping it actually goes through - I didn't order a bunch of extra content. What's other peoples experiences been? So far it seems to have been pretty straightforward for me - I placed order late September, got a build date a couple weeks later. They slipped it a week one week before it was supposed to be produced. According to the email, should be getting built next week. I know there's a lot of "slip, slip, slip again" posts on here, but a lot of them seem to be "but I ordered X, Y, Z".

55 minutes ago, danielj said:

I think that would require you having a whole new order. And if your not towing much. (You got the tremor) you might not need the extra payload. 

No. The dealer has the option to change it. He just didn't want to because of my priority code.

I was thinking about using a camper and boat at the same time, so I thought the extra 600 lbs on the sticker would help. There is ample evidence that the only difference between the 250 and 350 Tremors with high-cap tow package are the sticker, badge, and price. The tow package gives you the extra leaf spring, and the Tremor give you the 350 rear end. Everything else is the same: springs, frame, crossmembers.

4 hours ago, Gadgetwiz said:

None of us know why.

You can't change the Body Code from an F-250 to an F-350. It requires a new order. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, Chris E said:

9-20-21 Order placed. 
9-21-21 Ford Order Confirmed email

10-5-21 Ford Build Week 10-25-21 email

10-28-21 Ford email saying it was built

10-29-21 Ford email saying it was shipped

11-8-21 Dealer calls to say it is in Atl rail yard

expecting it any day. 

Ok, I know I’m not the only one but I’m so freaking tired of seeing people who ordered two/three months after me getting their trucks, and don’t get me wrong, I don’t don’t blame them. I BLAME FORD MOTOR COMPANY!!!!  WTF Ford?!?!?! For crying out loud get it together!  I swear to god at this point I’m convinced I’m being punished because I chose the carpet delete. I swear I’ll pay the $50 if it’ll get me scheduled!!!!  Confirmed 7/27. And for those even farther behind than me, I know, you’ve got even more right to be pi$$ed!  Btw, not scheduled yet!

Edited by Rancher-white250

Things are moving in right direction for my order, it has shipped yesterday! ?

22 F-350 6.7 Tremor Lariat Value

7/13/21 order confirmed 

9/16 scheduled for week of 10/18

10/24 notified by Ford production changed to week 10/25

11/8 Ford notified truck in production

11/10 Ford email : BUILT

11/11 Ford email: Shipped (to WI)

ETA to dealer: 12/3 (range is 11/27-12/3)

Edited by Baddestt

10 hours ago, Rancher-white250 said:

Ok, I know I’m not the only one but I’m so freaking tired of seeing people who ordered two/three months after me getting their trucks, and don’t get me wrong, I don’t don’t blame them. I BLAME FORD MOTOR COMPANY!!!!  WTF Ford?!?!?! For crying out loud get it together!  I swear to god at this point I’m convinced I’m being punished because I chose the carpet delete. I swear I’ll pay the $50 if it’ll get me scheduled!!!!  Confirmed 7/27. And for those even farther behind than me, I know, you’ve got even more right to be pi$$ed!  Btw, not scheduled yet!

I think the most enraging part is that my trade was depreciating pretty rapidly while other people got to act fast and sell high. The lucky part is that the used market cooled for a bit but came back after the storms on the east coast. Hopefully if you have a trade, things don’t go back down again. Don’t worry tho, next Thursday will be a magical day and we will be rewarded for our patience by getting skipped over again. At least we are now all 02 priority level. SMH

22 F-350 SRW 4x4 CC 6.7 Pwr Stroke

Lariat Ultimate Pkg, UTT, 5th wheel prep, Spray-in bed liner, pwr moon roof, pwr running brds, LED lights

7/6/21 Order confirmed 

9/27/21 Sent to plant, window sticker available

10/6/21 Production date

10/7/21 Release date

10/7/21 Shipment date

11/1 -11/7 Est. delivery to Dealer (NV)is 23 transit days from plant to NV

11/12 Still waiting on delivery

15 hours ago, Rancher-white250 said:

I went with the delete as well.

Im built, just waiting for delivery.  What other options did you opt for?

1 hour ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Who did you find out from that you were moved to a priority 2? Did you request to be moved to better priority or is Ford Changing the codes? 

I spoke to the ordering dealership and was told only FORD could raise the priority to 2. I didn't request an increase.

Anyone having issues with shipping?  Ford tracker shows the truck was built and released 10/29/21.  Hasn't shipped as of 11/12/21, but estimated end date is 11/13/21.  Mach E shows same.  Dealer is telling me that it shows them the same and they do not know what the hold up is.  I'm just trying to figure it out.  

1 hour ago, J Gerhart said:

Anyone having issues with shipping?  Ford tracker shows the truck was built and released 10/29/21.  Hasn't shipped as of 11/12/21, but estimated end date is 11/13/21.  Mach E shows same.  Dealer is telling me that it shows them the same and they do not know what the hold up is.  I'm just trying to figure it out.  

My truck sat at Ford for 18 days waiting on transport,and my dealer is only 42 miles from the truck plant.I know it’s tough waiting,but driver shortages are hurting transport.It won’t be long and I’m sure you will be happy with your truck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Gerhart said:

ive seen a few on this forum that had similar showing on the tracking, only for the truck to appear at the dealership.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J Gerhart said:

My truck was released on 10/11 and shipped on 10/12 with an estimated delivery of 10/25 - 10/31. But it ended up sitting in Shelbyville, KY with no railcar info or movement until 11/9. It's now in VA somewhere but Ford never updated the delivery ETA so when it will arrive is anyone's guess. It's super frustrating but you're definitely not the only one getting hit with shipping delays.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, es44c4 said:

The dealership indicated SD line will start up again next week. I understand the AS option was withdrawn from availability.

Until  ice-capades put something out on AS being a commodity withdrawn I wouldn't trust a dealership they will say anything to get a built/sale through quickly.   

I was up during the night with a restless dog. I decided to open my email and saw something from Ford. I opened it and it said my F-350 has been built and is awaiting shipping to Apple Valley Ford, in Minnesota. I ordered the truck on May 24th. I cancelled the adaptive steering mid summer and then dropped the Tremor package in September after the dealer told me they were not allowed to make vary many Tremor orders. The regional Ford rep moved me to priority 01 and I got scheduled for build on Oct. 11. Then I got bumped to Oct. 18. Then bumped to Nov. 1, and finally pushed to November 22. So it seems odd that Ford would send me an email at 2:42am on November 13th, saying the truck is built and awaiting shipping. 

My wife and I left Washington State in late August to come stay with my sister in Nebraska while waiting for delivery of the truck. It's been getting cold here and we are suppose to be arriving in Phoenix at an RV resort on December 1st. We probably won't make it there by then because of probable shipping delays. I also made a request to Ford to have the truck drop-shipped to a dealership in Fremont, Nebraska, just 10 miles from where we are staying. They said they would try to do that, but the email I got said it is shipping to Apple Valley Ford in Minnesota, where I originally purchased it. 

I've been reading a lot of your messages, especially the ones from buyers who have finally received their trucks. I hope we get ours in the coming weeks. 

Dan

• Like 1