2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, nswan said:

Is there an easier way to check order status than calling Ford Marketing? Dealer I work with doesn’t apply customer emails to their order. I call the 1-800 frequently and the order is there, I’m just looking for a less time intensive approach. No VIN yet as of 11/12, ordered 7/19.

It seemed like alot of work to get my email added to my order. But eventually I demanded it enough they got it done. Even 6 months later when they finally added my email I got a confirmation email as I was walking out the door. Ford was that fast about the updated confirmation. Wish I could say the same about the dealer. 

1 hour ago, nswan said:

Is there an easier way to check order status than calling Ford Marketing? Dealer I work with doesn’t apply customer emails to their order. I call the 1-800 frequently and the order is there, I’m just looking for a less time intensive approach. No VIN yet as of 11/12, ordered 7/19.

Why do you guys do business with these crappy dealers and let them get away with this?  Take your business elsewhere or at least make them do their job.

• Like 3

Here is an update to my timeline. The only oddity is the date changes on the bottom of my window sticker.

F450 Platinum with 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

• Ordered Confirmed: 20 April 2021.
  • 1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 
  • Order Adjustment: 16 August 2021, removed Adaptive Steering.
  • Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.
  • Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 
  • notified by dealer 21 October 2021 that the truck has a build day now.
  • dealer notification that truck is sent to plant 29 October 2021. (Window Sticker also dated the same)
  • In Production: 4 November 2021. (Plant was shut-down this week so my build did not happen)(Window sticker now has a date of 12 November 2021)
  • Built: N/A
  • Shipped: N/A
  • Delivery Date: N/A

Since order 20 Apr 2021: 207 days as 15 Nov 2021

Since job #1 start on 10 July 2021: 136 days as of 15 Nov 2021

On 11/11/2021 at 7:23 PM, tweedr182 said:

I ordered 7/27 Mine was originally scheduled for 10/25, then 11/01, then 11/08 and now 11/15.  Looks like it might stick anyone have them pushed back more than three weeks since scheduled production?

My timeline has been very similar to yours.

Order confirmed 07/21

Scheduled for week 10/18

Rescheduled for week 10/25

Rescheduled for week 11/08 with build day of 11/10 according to dealer

Rescheduled for week 11/15 and still not currently showing in production and no window sticker available

Have not received any emails since the last reschedule to week of 11/15 that I got on 10/31

1 hour ago, Quigs said:

My timeline has been very similar to yours.

Order confirmed 07/21

Scheduled for week 10/18

Rescheduled for week 10/25

Rescheduled for week 11/08 with build day of 11/10 according to dealer

Rescheduled for week 11/15 and still not currently showing in production and no window sticker available

Have not received any emails since the last reschedule to week of 11/15 that I got on 10/31

It’s probably very likely that our orders won’t be delivered until 2022. I have a retail priority code 02, still not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things. Ordered mid July. I removed spray in bedliner last week and 5th wheel prep. No scheduled build date yet.

41 minutes ago, nswan said:

It’s probably very likely that our orders won’t be delivered until 2022. I have a retail priority code 02, still not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things. Ordered mid July. I removed spray in bedliner last week and 5th wheel prep. No scheduled build date yet.

From what I understand, all orders that have been in for a while (I'm not sure what "a while" is) have been bumped to priority 02.  I found out mine was, and neither I nor the dealer asked for it.  Mine has been on the books since 9/5.

19 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

From what I understand, all orders that have been in for a while (I'm not sure what "a while" is) have been bumped to priority 02.  I found out mine was, and neither I nor the dealer asked for it.  Mine has been on the books since 9/5.

Thanks. Interesting to learn more about this process each day. No matter what, God is good and we’re all blessed to be sitting here waiting for an order!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Why do you guys do business with these crappy dealers and let them get away with this?  Take your business elsewhere or at least make them do their job.

What can I do about a dealer who can't seem to get my truck from the rail yard to the dealership? Mine has been in transit since the 11th of October and sitting in a yard since the 25th. Northeast Alabama is where my dealer is and my truck is in Atlanta. He says mine is marked HOT and has been for 2 weeks. My order was placed 241 days ago.

E: I am working directly with the sales manager on this to boot. It's been the most frustrating experience ever. My house took less time to build than this truck.

Edited by Imarkdirt
Added text

38 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

What can I do about a dealer who can't seem to get my truck from the rail yard to the dealership? Mine has been in transit since the 11th of October and sitting in a yard since the 25th. Northeast Alabama is where my dealer is and my truck is in Atlanta. He says mine is marked HOT and has been for 2 weeks. My order was placed 241 days ago.

E: I am working directly with the sales manager on this to boot. It's been the most frustrating experience ever. My house took less time to build than this truck.

i don’t believe the dealer has control over the truck until it shows up at the dealership.

15 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

i don’t believe the dealer has control over the truck until it shows up at the dealership.

There has to be some recourse to get it delivered. He says he has talked to his for rep but that has done no good whatsoever. Scheduled delivery time is 18 days. We blew past that weeks ago. Just venting I guess more than anything but in my head it is beyond ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

There has to be some recourse to get it delivered. He says he has talked to his for rep but that has done no good whatsoever. Scheduled delivery time is 18 days. We blew past that weeks ago. Just venting I guess more than anything but in my head it is beyond ridiculous.

Agreed. Maybe try calling Ford marketing?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

Agreed. Maybe try calling Ford marketing?

Ford Marketing can't help. They'll just refer you to your dealer. My truck shipped 10/12 and sat in KY for 27 days before it ever got put on a rail car. Ford Marketing wouldn't give me anything other than the status and ETA delivery week which I already had via the emails and Mach E tracker. It's now sitting in VA waiting to be put on a carrier to my dealership.

10 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

Ford Marketing can't help. They'll just refer you to your dealer. My truck shipped 10/12 and sat in KY for 27 days before it ever got put on a rail car. Ford Marketing wouldn't give me anything other than the status and ETA delivery week which I already had via the emails and Mach E tracker. It's now sitting in VA waiting to be put on a carrier to my dealership.

What was your transit time based on the Mach E tracker?

9 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

What was your transit time based on the Mach E tracker?

Transit time was 15 days to NC with a delivery window of 10/25 - 10/31. I'm now 15 days past due and the truck is still in VA.

Super frustrating since most other trucks going to NC were delivered in 9 days from when they shipped.

9 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

Transit time was 15 days to NC with a delivery window of 10/25 - 10/31. I'm now 15 days past due and the truck is still in VA.

Super frustrating since most other trucks going to NC were delivered in 9 days from when they shipped.

Yeah. Same. Most to Alabama are 12 days. I am at 35 after 205 days to get built.

11 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

I wonder if the Mach E tracker will go negative days? It has added 4 and 6 days at a time multiple times. This is the first time it has read 0 days.

10 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

Yeah. Same. Most to Alabama are 12 days. I am at 35 after 205 days to get built.

Sorry to hear it but I definitely feel your pain. I'm sure my dealer hates me by now b/c I've been bothering him every day or two for updates ever since my ETA end date came and went.

9 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

I wonder if the Mach E tracker will go negative days? It has added 4 and 6 days at a time multiple times. This is the first time it has read 0 days.

Once the Mach E tracker got to 0 it started counting up for me. It now says my truck will be delivered in 16 days.

15 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

Sorry to hear it but I definitely feel your pain. I'm sure my dealer hates me by now b/c I've been bothering him every day or two for updates ever since my ETA end date came and went.

Yeah this appears to be one very large boat with people who have been left, how can we can we say this delicately..without much in the way of information regarding their orders or what they should do to place an order that can be built.  I honestly thought my March order would get built soon and that I would have a truck by August. Now it could be December if the Thanksgiving holiday gets in the way.

What are you guys griping about?   I ordered a F350 Platinum CC DRW 4x4 with AS, bedliner, 5th wheel prep, strobe lights and a disco ball on 11/09/21.   Order confirmed 11/10/21.   Sent to plant 11/11/21.  I just got a email from Ford today 11/12/21 saying “Built”. awaiting shipping.  So I should have my new truck by this Friday.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cjrazus1 said:

What are you guys griping about?   I ordered a F350 Platinum CC DRW 4x4 with AS, bedliner, 5th wheel prep, strobe lights and a disco ball on 11/09/21.   Order confirmed 11/10/21.   Sent to plant 11/11/21.  I just got a email from Ford today 11/12/21 saying “Built”. awaiting shipping.  So I should have my new truck by this Friday.  

Please post your progress bar.

• Haha 1