2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

23 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Priority 2 only bumps you up in line at that specific dealer, not Ford overall. So, in theory it would help you get selected quicker, but many have been 2 for months and no change. 

You are the only person I have EVER seen claim this.

Granted, I've only been reading forums since early September, but every indication I've seen is that code 02 means the vehicle has been vetted, and it can be scheduled immediately. 10+ can be used to adjust scheduling within the dealership.

12 minutes ago, Gadgetwiz said:

You are the only person I have EVER seen claim this.

Granted, I've only been reading forums since early September, but every indication I've seen is that code 02 means the vehicle has been vetted, and it can be scheduled immediately. 10+ can be used to adjust scheduling within the dealership.

Priority codes are exclusive to each dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) regardless of the order type and are independent from any other dealership's orders. I've posted about this countless times over the years. 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:52 PM, ice-capades said:

You can't change the Body Code from an F-250 to an F-350. It requires a new order. 

That's strange. My dealer said that the option to make the change was on his screen, but he was afraid to select it due to the priority code.

It's also an identical build for the Tremor with the high-cap tow package. The only difference is the sticker and the vent badge. Every other component is identical. You get the extra leaf spring with the high capacity package, and you get the upgraded rear-end with the Tremor package. It wouldn't be a major change.

Either way, I didn't do it. It would cost almost $965 more, and it risked my priority code at the same time.

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Priority codes are exclusive to each dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) regardless of the order type and are independent from any other dealership's orders. I've posted about this countless times over the years.

Now this is interesting. Thanks for that.

So each dealer has a different order bank then. Does that mean I should have chosen a dealer with a larger order bank? I ordered a Mustang the same day from the same dealer, and it's sitting in my driveway right now.

14 minutes ago, Gadgetwiz said:

That's strange. My dealer said that the option to make the change was on his screen, but he was afraid to select it due to the priority code.

It's also an identical build for the Tremor with the high-cap tow package. The only difference is the sticker and the vent badge. Every other component is identical. You get the extra leaf spring with the high capacity package, and you get the upgraded rear-end with the Tremor package. It wouldn't be a major change.

Either way, I didn't do it. It would cost almost $965 more, and it risked my priority code at the same time.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will create a new order but with the same order number. It should generate the new order with the default "19" retail priority code. The original order should remain as is. All is dependent on a Dealer monitoring and managing their USOB, manually assigning retail order priority codes and not allowing all retail orders to have the same "19" default priority code. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gadgetwiz said:

Now this is interesting. Thanks for that.

So each dealer has a different order bank then. Does that mean I should have chosen a dealer with a larger order bank? I ordered a Mustang the same day from the same dealer, and it's sitting in my driveway right now.

Not necessarily. Regular scheduling is based on allocation unless it's a verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) order and receives incremental allocation for priority scheduling.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Not necessarily. Regular scheduling is based on allocation unless it's a verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) order and receives incremental allocation for priority scheduling.  

How do you make a COVP order?

13 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

When was the COVP program instated? (Is it a new thing that dealerships might struggle with?)

Is there any way for a buyer to verify that the COVP verification has taken place?

June 2021.  Yes - your dealer will need a copy of your DL, a deposit, your email address, and signed buyer agreement.  If you gave them all that, you should be good.  Dealers love this program since your order does not take away from their normal allocations.  If they didn't submit it, they are morons.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

June 2021.  Yes - your dealer will need a copy of your DL, a deposit, your email address, and signed buyer agreement.  If you gave them all that, you should be good.  Dealers love this program since your order does not take away from their normal allocations.  If they didn't submit it, they are morons.

I did not have to put a deposit, and the "buyer agreement" was just me signing the printed out Preview Order on a makeshift signature line.  My dealer sure acts like morons, so I'm wondering if my order is not COVP verified. ?

29 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer submits the order information with a copy of the signed Buyer's Order and your Driver's License to the COVP program. Once verified, the retail order will qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

Can my current order be changed to a COVP order? My deal was done the same way as Forderorder described above.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, Forderorder said:

I did not have to put a deposit, and the "buyer agreement" was just me signing the printed out Preview Order on a makeshift signature line.  My dealer sure acts like morons, so I'm wondering if my order is not COVP verified. ?

What you signed is fine.  But if they didn't collect a deposit, then I don't think it qualifies for COVP.  They are required to prove to Ford that a deposit was collected (clarify that it was required when older orders were converted to COVP in June).  One of the mods will respond eventually.  But you may have a moronic dealer.  The opposite of few and far between does seem to be the case with auto dealers.

Edited by ScottK1
  • Sad 1

Well. Crazy. I just got scheduled for Dec 13 on a Tuesday (11/16) at 3:54 Central.

Ordered 9/4
Confirmed 10/29 (same day I removed A/S)
Scheduled: 11/16 @ 3:54PM CST
Build Date: 12/13

2022 F-250 Lariat

Tremor

6.7 diesel

Ultimate Lariat Package

Adaptive Cruise Control

Black Package (LEDs, wheel liners, spray in bed liner)

Ultimate Tow Package

Winch

Carbonized Grey

Safe

Trailer Cameras with TPMS

Block Heater

Clearance Lamps

Mudflaps

Heated Wheel / Rain Sensing Wipers

B&O

Upfitter

Garage Door Opener

Edited by Gadgetwiz

3 hours ago, JT42 said:

Hey guys new member here. Have been lurking for the last couple days. Hope I posted this on the correct thread, apologies in advance if I didn’t.  

I ordered a 250 Platinum 26-Oct 21 with AS, Spray In liner, 5th Wheel Prep. I received an order confirmation email the day I ordered from the dealer. Radio silence since then. 

I guess my question is more to prepare mentally more than anything, but what would be a general rule of thumb in terms of months of wait for the truck with these options? 

The follow up question being if removal of any option could potentially decrease the time? If so what option(s) would it be? 

Thanks

Nobody Truely knows. With all those options id expect months rather then weeks. Order confirmation is all you will get until you get scheduled, which is the biggest variable. My Platinum without AS took 4.5 months to get scheduled.

AS has been the biggest issue(there are orders from April/May still waiting for Scheduling with AS), Bedliner is/was causing significant delays, there also was issues with fifth wheel prep back in September, but those seem to have been resolved.

My Dealer told me 6-8 Months OTD when i ordered early June. That Time frame seems to be holding fairly accurately and i should take delivery closer to the 6 month mark.

Edited by mattdm

Ordered: 9/20

Confirmed: 9/21

Scheduled: 11/16 for build in week of 1/17/22

F450 4x4 Lariat Ulitmate/CC/Carbonized Gray/extended running boards/rapid heat/engine block heater/quad beam LED/rain sensing wipers/upfitter/heated rear seat/32.5k 5th wheel/gooseneck kit.

16 minutes ago, mattdm said:

Nobody Truely knows. With all those options id expect months rather then weeks. Order confirmation is all you will get until you get scheduled, which is the biggest variable. My Platinum without AS took 4.5 months to get scheduled.

AS has been the biggest issue(there are orders from April/May still waiting for Scheduling with AS), Bedliner is/was causing significant delays, there also was issues with fifth wheel prep back in September, but those seem to have been resolved.

My Dealer told me 6-8 Months OTD when i ordered early June. That Time frame seems to be holding fairly accurately and i should take delivery closer to the 6 month mark.

Thank You for the details, I appreciate it.