2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

15 hours ago, 22F450 said:

Hi all,

I have been lurking for awhile now and decided to sign up to give the info I got today.  I'm at the scheduled to build stage no AS and when I ordered was advised not to add anything that could be done after it arrived (ie cover...bed coating etc.)  Good luck to all getting your trucks

Ordered: 10/22/2021

2022 F450 Lariot with x plan pricing

windowsticker (2).pdf

Nice build. That’s one day after I ordered, and I am still waiting for an order confirmation email. 

19 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

Nice build. That’s one day after I ordered, and I am still waiting for an order confirmation email. 

You won't receive any e-mail communications from Ford unless your Dealer has attached your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

Given the commodities shortages, if an order is affected by more then one (i.e. AS, spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep) will the parts be set aside per order as they become available? Or do you have to hope that magically everything is available at once to get scheduled?

Edited by CaptainKopper

Hello.

Been watching this thread for a while finally decided to post.

We have a F450 on order in Canada, and I understand the wheels and hitch packages are a main source of delays among others.

I have also noticed in other documentation that Canadian orders have "additional delays" but I can't seem to pinpoint a specific reason.

Aside from transport, anyone have any insight what may cause these additional delays for Canadian builds?

Order placed: 06/02
Confirmed: 06/02

No VIN/Production Schedule yet.

'22 F450 Lariat (w/o AS, bedliner or tonneau)

Edited by NoPistons
wordsmithing

14 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Well got an end of day update in Mach-E. Checked with dealer and they now see in the Vehicle Visibility that the truck was released to the body shop. This update makes it more in line with reality than the previous screen from this morning that showed 6 days until delivery.

29CE5105-1E36-4E7C-A320-B95506CFA093.pngwhat state are you in? I love how messed up some trucks get. My trucks been built since Oct. and my delivery is now mid December

41 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

I got a confirmation email within 5 mins of them adding my email to the order. If you don't get a confirmation email and they said they added your email.  They are lying or entered your email wrong. 

32 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

Given the commodities shortages, if an order is affected by more then one (i.e. AS, spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep) will the parts be set aside per order as they become available? Or do you have to hope that magically everything is available at once to get scheduled?

Orders aren't scheduled unless they meet all the commodity restraints in effect at the time the order is reviewed for scheduling.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, danielj said:

I got a confirmation email within 5 mins of them adding my email to the order. If you don't get a confirmation email and they said they added your email.  They are lying or entered your email wrong. 

I don’t know what the motivation would be for them to omit my email address out of malice. I think more likely is that they entered it with a typo initially, and then corrected it after the confirmation was sent to the wrong address. 

Do any Ford employees know how the email system would react in this scenario?

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Orders aren't scheduled unless they meet all the commodity restraints in effect at the time the order is reviewed for scheduling.  

Ice,

So once you get the email stating a build week they have all of the commodities for that build secure correct? So when they push the build out do they still have those items secure for that truck. Just asking because I’ve had 5 build weeks so far and have a feeling I’m heading to my 6th. My last email was 19 days ago with my week pushed out to 11/29. I called the marketing center earlier this week just to see if they had other info on a build week for me and they said they are looking at 12/6 now but I still haven’t seen an email on this.

17 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

I don’t know what the motivation would be for them to omit my email address out of malice. I think more likely is that they entered it with a typo initially, and then corrected it after the confirmation was sent to the wrong address. 

Regardless, it's the Dealer's responsibility to attach the correct e-mail address to the order. It's not a matter of malice, it's a matter of doing their job and doing it correctly. And, it's always amazing how many dealerships don't know what they're doing. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Ice,

So once you get the email stating a build week they have all of the commodities for that build secure correct? So when they push the build out do they still have those items secure for that truck. Just asking because I’ve had 5 build weeks so far and have a feeling I’m heading to my 6th. My last email was 19 days ago with my week pushed out to 11/29. I called the marketing center earlier this week just to see if they had other info on a build week for me and they said they are looking at 12/6 now but I still haven’t seen an email on this.

All commodity restraints must be met at the time of scheduling or the order will not be scheduled. There's no simple answer as to why scheduled production dates are pushed back but assume it's due to one of the many factors involved these days... microchip shortages, supplier issues, interrupted plant schedules and any other issues that can't be anticipated. The ordering and scheduling system is a mess due to all these factors including the large volume of retail factory orders this year. It gets more complicated with retail customers making changes to their order specifications causing plant production schedules to be reconfigured to accommodate the changes. 

18 hours ago, 22F450 said:

Hi all,

I have been lurking for awhile now and decided to sign up to give the info I got today.  I'm at the scheduled to build stage no AS and when I ordered was advised not to add anything that could be done after it arrived (ie cover...bed coating etc.)  Good luck to all getting your trucks

windowsticker (2).pdf

Your window sticker shows AS is it truly on your truck?

Hello all, here's a question. I'm a fleet customer (no VIN yet) and I was talking with my salesman. He told me there is a chance my order will be cancelled and rolled over to a 2023 model. If that's going to happen when would it happen? I ordered June 7 of this year. I don't want to wait a until Spring just to find out I'm cancelled. Has anyone had this happen to them?

16 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Hello all, here's a question. I'm a fleet customer (no VIN yet) and I was talking with my salesman. He told me there is a chance my order will be cancelled and rolled over to a 2023 model. If that's going to happen when would it happen? I ordered June 7 of this year. I don't want to wait a until Spring just to find out I'm cancelled. Has anyone had this happen to them?

It depends on a number of factors including the type of fleet order and the vehicle specifications. The Fleet Final Order Date for Super Duty U.S. Fleet Commercial orders was 08/13/2021. VSO and LPO Paint orders were also due by 08/13/2021. State, Local & Federal Government orders were due by 11/12/2021. The average OTD (Order to Delivery) time for Super Duty Fleet orders is 30+ weeks. You should talk to the Fleet Manager for information on your specific order as very, very few sales representatives are familiar with Fleet ordering, scheduling, etc.  

19 hours ago, 22F450 said:

Hi all,

windowsticker (2).pdf

I ordered a F-450 Platinum in Rapid Red on 10/21/2021 so that gives me some hope….which can be crushed at an appropriate time in the future. ?

1 hour ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Great. Maybe I should order a 2023. 

I did not mean for that to dampen your spirits, but give some reality in the current process. I would like to be optimistic that production is getting better. But I am not in the plant to know for sure. Below is my timeline as it sits today. I also have a screenshot of the vehicle visibility report my salesman sent this morning.

F450 Platinum with 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

• Ordered Confirmed: 20 April 2021.
  • 1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 
  • Order Adjustment: 16 August 2021, removed Adaptive Steering.
  • Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.
  • Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 
  • notified by dealer 21 October 2021 that the truck has a build day now.
  • dealer notification that truck is sent to plant 29 October 2021. (Window Sticker also dated the same)
  • In Production: 4 November 2021. (Plant was shut-down this week so my build did not happen)(Window sticker now has a date of 12 November 2021)
  • Built: 17 November 2021, released to body shop for tough bed liner and tonneau cover.
  • **update from dealer that the truck was sent to the rail ramp Zq, Gfx @ 8:04PM on 17 November 2021
  • Shipped: N/A
  • Delivery Date: N/A
  • ETA End Date: 30 November 2021.

Since order 20 Apr 2021: 210 days as 18 Nov 2021.

Since job #1 start on 10 July 2021: 139 days as of 18 Nov 2021.

D602AE5F-D5BC-40A2-974F-FD4DA43626DF.jpeg

On 11/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, Ford Username said:

Does anyone know if they've heard anything about shipments to British Columbia , Canada and potential delays due to the recent flooding? BC has declared a state  of emergency.  

I asked my dealer today as my truck was shipped today. He said they have alternate routes through Washington State but still wasnt sure what to expect. My Eta says Dec 14th. No rail car  data attached to my order yet.

Edited by mattdm

14 hours ago, RoncoSD said:

Your window sticker shows AS is it truly on your truck?

No AS on the truck that I saw.  I have the adaptive cruise control on it but I recall that being a separate option.   My 2018 f350 has the  adaptive cruise control which is fantastic If you do alot of highway miles.

18 hours ago, Forderorder said:

I asked my dealer twice to add my email. The 3ed time I spoke with someone else and he found that it wasn't added and then got it added infront of me. For me it was 5 months after I ordered the truck before I got a confirmation email. 5 mins after getting my email added to the order. 

It could be possible that who your talking to doesn't know where to put the email.