2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, danielj said:

I asked my dealer twice to add my email. The 3ed time I spoke with someone else and he found that it wasn't added and then got it added infront of me. For me it was 5 months after I ordered the truck before I got a confirmation email. 5 mins after getting my email added to the order. 

It could be possible that who your talking to doesn't know where to put the email. 

Unfortunately, another example of a dealership not knowing what they're doing!

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Ordered 6/28, confirmed 6/29 and removed AS 7/15. Nothing has happened since then. I’ve been priority 2 for months. I ordered a 4 months after you and I think I’ve about hit the lack of build date 3 months after you. So maybe a build date in January. 

Yes, I’ve seen folks on here getting emails stating January build weeks already.

I really hope if anything good that comes out of this after all the shortages calm down with the supply chain. That Ford corporate starts getting after their dealerships in getting them to provide better customer support. I have seen so many posts and reposts and reply’s from Ice-capades in my short time as a member here calling out the discrepancies of dealerships and the discredit and injustice they are doing to customers. Training their employees on the web-based systems for ordering and tracking is not hard as most companies these days use some sort of Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) to function. It’s the technology age we are in and information is what they want. Hence the reason most customers (myself included) go to forums to get their information. For me this is an added resource, for my salesman as well in that we keep information flowing both ways.

Edited by ikre8kos4u
Added context
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

Can Ford verify if the email address (and rest of the COVP) is there when you call customer service and provide order code and sales code?

Sorry, I don't know as I never call Ford Marketing. I doubt that they can see COVP information but if you've received e-mail confirmation of your order from Ford then you know that your e-mail address is attached to your order. It's unfortunate that so many customers are having to call Ford Marketing for order status information when Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that has the latest information on order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. Make your Dealer do their job and provide you with the information you require!  

Someone was recently asking about PCO's, and wouldn't you know it just 2 days after I took delivery of my truck, ford sends one to my house. The question i have about the PCO is in regards to the dealership's ability to acknowledge it seeing as it would've been processed prior to tuesday when i purchased the truck. When i was in finance, i asked the finance guy to check on a pco and he looked at me like i was retarded. Do any of you have experience with this? What do you recommend?

20211120_055711.jpg

Edited by Hamilton
Clarification

I ordered on 7/20 and was just scheduled for Jan 17. If you ordered before me I would probably talk to your dealer. My dealer knew that I would be scheduled because he was informed that the older orders were getting scheduled this week. Seems odd that someone who ordered before me would still be waiting. Unless you have an option like AS or the bedliner or side steps. I dropped all of them and was given a build date soon after. 

36 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

I really hope if anything good that comes out of this after all the shortages calm down with the supply chain. That Ford corporate starts getting after their dealerships in getting them to provide better customer support. I have seen so many posts and reposts and reply’s from Ice-capades in my short time as a member here calling out the discrepancies of dealerships and the discredit and injustice they are doing to customers. Training their employees on the web-based systems for ordering and tracking is not hard as most companies these days use some sort of Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) to function. It’s the technology age we are in and information is what they want. Hence the reason most customers (myself included) go to forums to get their information. For me this is an added resource, for my salesman as well in that we keep information flowing both ways.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as Ford pushing Dealers to provide better customer support because a big part of the problem IS Ford corporate! Ford's Dearborn executives create tons of programs, processes and reports that dealerships have to deal with. In part, it's an example of executives in corporate America making decisions to ensure job security. If a dealership read every report and did everything that Ford expected, the staff wouldn't have time to actually run the business, sell cars, provide service and parts, etc. Ford demands a lot from its Dealers and they have to balance Ford's demands and expectations while running their business at the same time which means setting priorities and allocating time and effort to what's deemed the most important. Ford dealerships, like all businesses, has been impacted since the start of the pandemic including fewer staff, supply chain issues, etc. 

Ford provides a lot of resources to help educate dealership staff including both print materials, videos and on occasion, in-person meetings prior to the pandemic impact and related factors. One of the most important functions a dealership needs to perform well is managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and knowing how to effectively use the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system in order to provide a professional level of support to customers having placed retail factory orders. Unfortunately, may dealerships do a terrible job either because they don't know how to do it, don't know what resources are available or can't be bothered. I managed the USOB at me dealership for nearly 35 years, placed all retail, stock and fleet orders and generated an updated Vehicle Visibility report with the status of every retail and fleet order, scheduled and unscheduled. This report was distributed each morning to the General Manager, Sales Manager, Fleet Manager, Business Manager and to every Sales Representative. As such, everyone involved had the latest information available on a daily basis. In addition, I also was in contact with a lot of customers to follow-up, provide information and/or answer questions, etc. At the dealership level, communication with customers is the direct responsibility of the Sales Manager and their sales staff. 

There was a time a number of years ago that Ford had scheduled training meetings around the country to educate Dealers on the vehicle ordering process. There was a lot of "encouragement" for dealerships to send staff to the meetings and the Ford Zone Managers were making a lot of phone calls to encourage attendance. In my case, the meetings were 2 hours away and scheduled for late morning, meaning I would lose the entire day out of the office. I refused to go and our Ford Zone Manager even called the Dealer Principal "asking" that he get me to attend. The Dealer Principal told the Ford Zone Manager that I could probably teach them a few things and that, if I said I couldn't spare the time out of the office, then I wouldn't be there! 

Hope this helps provide a bit more perspective!    

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as Ford pushing Dealers to provide better customer support because a big part of the problem IS Ford corporate! Ford's Dearborn executives create tons of programs, processes and reports that dealerships have to deal with. In part, it's an example of executives in corporate America making decisions to ensure job security. If a dealership read every report and did everything that Ford expected, the staff wouldn't have time to actually run the business, sell cars, provide service and parts, etc. Ford demands a lot from its Dealers and they have to balance Ford's demands and expectations while running their business at the same time which means setting priorities and allocating time and effort to what's deemed the most important. Ford dealerships, like all businesses, has been impacted since the start of the pandemic including fewer staff, supply chain issues, etc. 

Ford provides a lot of resources to help educate dealership staff including both print materials, videos and on occasion, in-person meetings prior to the pandemic impact and related factors. One of the most important functions a dealership needs to perform well is managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and knowing how to effectively use the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system in order to provide a professional level of support to customers having placed retail factory orders. Unfortunately, may dealerships do a terrible job either because they don't know how to do it, don't know what resources are available or can't be bothered. I managed the USOB at me dealership for nearly 35 years, placed all retail, stock and fleet orders and generated an updated Vehicle Visibility report with the status of every retail and fleet order, scheduled and unscheduled. This report was distributed each morning to the General Manager, Sales Manager, Fleet Manager, Business Manager and to every Sales Representative. As such, everyone involved had the latest information available on a daily basis. In addition, I also was in contact with a lot of customers to follow-up, provide information and/or answer questions, etc. At the dealership level, communication with customers is the direct responsibility of the Sales Manager and their sales staff. 

There was a time a number of years ago that Ford had scheduled training meetings around the country to educate Dealers on the vehicle ordering process. There was a lot of "encouragement" for dealerships to send staff to the meetings and the Ford Zone Managers were making a lot of phone calls to encourage attendance. In my case, the meetings were 2 hours away and scheduled for late morning, meaning I would lose the entire day out of the office. I refused to go and our Ford Zone Manager even called the Dealer Principal "asking" that he get me to attend. The Dealer Principal told the Ford Zone Manager that I could probably teach them a few things and that, if I said I couldn't spare the time out of the office, then I wouldn't be there! 

Hope this helps provide a bit more perspective!    

Well taken and understand all the bureaucracy is so convoluted at every level and most of the issues are top driven in all of corporate America. Even so, you hit the topic at hand that you have been hitting home on here for a long time, dealers and sales overall need to be more transparent and responsive to their customers. Thankfully I have like so many others on here a great dealership and sales staff that communicate. Sadly the small 3-5% of dealerships (more than likely more) are just not in the business of caring for customers, only worried about Quotas and the commission/profit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Someone was recently asking about PCO's, and wouldn't you know it just 2 days after I took delivery of my truck, ford sends one to my house. The question i have about the PCO is in regards to the dealership's ability to acknowledge it seeing as it would've been processed prior to tuesday when i purchased the truck. When i was in finance, i asked the finance guy to check on a pco and he looked at me like i was retarded. Do any of you have experience with this? What do you recommend?

20211120_055711.jpg

My Father In Law actually just got saved. Both of our trucks were supposed to be delivered in Oct. and then 11/15. Still no trucks but that Bast** just got one of these in his inbox. Im still on the look out for one for me.

1 hour ago, jhaber said:

Your salesman should have looked you up in the system, not sure exactly what the dealers look at. My dealer put my info in earlier this year and seen 4 or 6 PCO’s for transit and commercial vehicles. I also received a 2500 PCO for super duty (same one you got) about a month ago and my salesman can also see it under my name online. Maybe Ice-Capades can help further on this topic.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Your salesman should have looked you up in the system, not sure exactly what the dealers look at. My dealer put my info in earlier this year and seen 4 or 6 PCO’s for transit and commercial vehicles. I also received a 2500 PCO for super duty (same one you got) about a month ago and my salesman can also see it under my name online. Maybe Ice-Capades can help further on this topic.

Sorry. I really don't look at the PCO information at all as it's not something that I've ever needed to be involved with. 

My truck was ordered beginning of August with no updates, including any emails from Ford. Asked dealership to fix the email 3 times with no success. Talked to my salesman yesterday about deleting bed liner and tonneau cover. He said that he and the sales manager just talked about that earlier in the week ( he actually suggested it before I said anything). This is where I may need some help from @ice-capades . What salesman sees on his computer is unsheduled clean. When they talked about deleting that earlier in the week, the sales mgr. said that not only was the priority change to 2 by Ford, but there were some other changes that sales manager receives on his print out that they thought they could no longer make changes, but yet no VIN or build date. They ended up ordering another identical truck without those 2 items. Sales manager wasn't there so I don't know what kind of info he saw that he didn't think he could change original build. Also I have called Ford marketing, and they do have this retail order under my name, but said the dealership had to fix the reason I'm not getting emails. @ice-capades do you know what sales mgr. may have seen? Thanks

3 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

So I went in and spoke to the owner, and was told that they were unable to see it in the system. She told me that she would take it up directly with Ford and that because it had a start date of 10/21, that Ford would be issuing me a refund check.

To all of you out there who are waiting for your rigs, I really do hope they come in sooner than later.

Edited by Hamilton
  • Like 1

I noticed some dealer sites have links on the individual inventory pages to check if you have a Ford Private offer in the system.  I believe this checks Ford's database, but I can't be entirely sure because I don't have a PCO in their system.

For example, if you go to the Village Ford website and click on a specific truck in their inventory there is a "SEE FORD PRIVATE OFFER" button.  Filling this out seems to query the database.  Perhaps someone who has a confirmed PCO in their name can try this out and report back here if it comes up when they fill in their information.

It would be nice if we had some confirmed way of checking without having to ask your dealer to do it.

Edited by manko
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

PCOs show up in Vincent when the dealer enters a vin and your personal info,

Someone on another forum just checked, and it also shows if you have one under your name/address by clicking the Ford Private Cash Offer link on village ford's website too.  It's nice to know there's an easy way to check yourself without having to rely on your dealer.

Edited by manko
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Havent even gotten that far yet since the truck hasnt shown up. Going on 6 month now. supposedly his truck is like 30 miles away on a train. Mines still in KY lol

Hello everybody. I have been lurking since September after placing my order 8/14, confirmed 8/16, I received the vin on 10/14 with a projected build week of 11/22. 
f450 crew cab ultimate lariat oxford white

6.7 power stroke 

gooseneck kit

floor mat in lieu of carpet 

fx4 off road package 

utt camera pro trailer backup assist 

I got my window sticker Friday and the tracking sites say in production. However I had called my dealer to check on the truck Thursday and when they finally got back to me yesterday they are telling me that they see a hold on the build and that it could be delayed as much as 30days. Has anyone experienced this after getting your window sticker and being in production?

A big thanks to ice capades and all the others who are on the inside and provide us with information! Hope everyone gets their trucks soon!

44DBAD92-AB63-4032-B1F2-16E9E6EEB7C3.jpeg

Folks I  really appreciate all the intelligent people on this forum.

Glad I found the forum while searching for more information on this subject since I have a relatively new order that was placed at the end of Oct with all the usual slow down options selected. 

The question I have is if the commodity shortage continues, and Ford retools its line for 2023 MY at what point do 2022 MY orders get rolled over to 2023 or does your order get cancelled and you have to re-order? Do you get notified by email? How does this work anyone have any experience with this? 

JT

20 minutes ago, JT42 said:

Folks I  really appreciate all the intelligent people on this forum.

Glad I found the forum while searching for more information on this subject since I have a relatively new order that was placed at the end of Oct with all the usual slow down options selected. 

The question I have is if the commodity shortage continues, and Ford retools its line for 2023 MY at what point do 2022 MY orders get rolled over to 2023 or does your order get cancelled and you have to re-order? Do you get notified by email? How does this work anyone have any experience with this? 

JT

The dealer will notify you and you’ll have to reorder a 23.  Orders can’t “roll over”.