2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

16 hours ago, Hamilton said:

So I went in and spoke to the owner, and was told that they were unable to see it in the system. She told me that she would take it up directly with Ford and that because it had a start date of 10/21, that Ford would be issuing me a refund check.

To all of you out there who are waiting for your rigs, I really do hope they come in sooner than later.

I actually got one in the mail for an addditonal $3500 off my super duty in addition to my x plan which ends up being better than an A plan which you can’t combine the offer with.  Now just hope it comes before it expire Jan 3rd

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

I actually got one in the mail for an addditonal $3500 off my super duty in addition to my x plan which ends up being better than an A plan which you can’t combine the offer with.  Now just hope it comes before it expire Jan 3rd

I’m in the same boat you are. I definitely will not be able to take delivery before my offer expires. I complained  to the dealer and they have made a request to Ford to extend the offer. Still waiting for an answer.

3 hours ago, Fl utilities said:

Hello everybody. I have been lurking since September after placing my order 8/14, confirmed 8/16, I received the vin on 10/14 with a projected build week of 11/22. 
f450 crew cab ultimate lariat oxford white

6.7 power stroke 

gooseneck kit

floor mat in lieu of carpet 

fx4 off road package 

utt camera pro trailer backup assist 

I got my window sticker Friday and the tracking sites say in production. However I had called my dealer to check on the truck Thursday and when they finally got back to me yesterday they are telling me that they see a hold on the build and that it could be delayed as much as 30days. Has anyone experienced this after getting your window sticker and being in production?

A big thanks to ice capades and all the others who are on the inside and provide us with information! Hope everyone gets their trucks soon!

44DBAD92-AB63-4032-B1F2-16E9E6EEB7C3.jpeg

I would ask your Dealer to send you a copy of the written information they're seeing regarding a "Hold" at this late stage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JT42 said:

Folks I  really appreciate all the intelligent people on this forum.

Glad I found the forum while searching for more information on this subject since I have a relatively new order that was placed at the end of Oct with all the usual slow down options selected. 

The question I have is if the commodity shortage continues, and Ford retools its line for 2023 MY at what point do 2022 MY orders get rolled over to 2023 or does your order get cancelled and you have to re-order? Do you get notified by email? How does this work anyone have any experience with this? 

JT

As akirby stated, you'd have to re-order the vehicle. That's the usual process. On rare occasions, Ford will convert orders but when they do Ford will notify Dealers of the steps that need to be taken to make that happen. 

Edited by ice-capades

2 hours ago, JT42 said:

Thanks for the reply, when does this MY turnover typically happen is it in Q1 of the new calendar year?

Curious as my dealer really isn’t the most customer communication focused. 

Model Year changeover takes place at different times for model lines. The most recent information is available in the 2022 Super Duty Production Information forum. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70356-2022-f-series-super-duty-production-information/&page=11

2 hours ago, tweedr182 said:

My last PCO was expired by the time my truck came. The dealer opened a "ticket" with ford stating that I had ordered the truck prior to the expiration but could not take delivery on time. 3 months later a check from Ford showed up in the mail.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

I’m in the same boat you are. I definitely will not be able to take delivery before my offer expires. I complained  to the dealer and they have made a request to Ford to extend the offer. Still waiting for an answer.

I'm still amazed at the huge variety of order experiences listed here. I got really lucky - we ordered an XLT 250 6.2l supercrew  9/28. I just got the "it's been made" email. Supposedly will be at the dealership by 12/6, and we got a $2k PCO to throw at it. I think my wife and good fortune in short delivery time was due to not ordering much additional content.

Thought I would throw this out there for those that had to wait a few months from their order to make you feel better for yourself.  I ordered a 2022 F350 6.7 SRW, UTT, MR, Quad Beam, Adaptive Cruise, Tailgate Step, 5th Wheel Prep, WW Liner, and AS on 4/8.  In early August, I asked my dealer to remove the AS, but he said he couldn't since it had already been given a build week.  After almost 8 weeks, I finally got him to remove the AS at the end of September.  When he removed AS from my order, my pricing changed on the order sheet to reflect Ford's increase in the base model pricing.  My first build week date was the week of September 20.  I have been given 8 changes to my build week.  I thought I was having progress as on November 1st, I was given the build week of November 15 with an actual build day of November 19th (build day provided by my dealer).  I haven't had an email from Ford since November 1st, but my dealer informed me that my build week is now December 13th with no assigned build day.  I continue to see trucks on the Super Duty tracking spreadsheet get moved from In Order Processing with the same specs that I now have that were even ordered after I made the change to the AS and my truck continues to get moved further down the line.  To add on top of it, I ordered a 5th Wheel 2 weeks after I ordered my truck.  The 5th wheel came in back in August, but now is winterized for the year.  I don't need the new truck now until March, but now my concern is that I may or may not (if it gets cancelled) get a 2022 truck towards the end of the model year.  I have ordered many vehicles from this dealer and feel like I have been taken care of.  The sales manager has told me that he hopes to never have to experience these productions issues ever again.  

Oh to add to the frustrations, I was given a PCO for $2000 that expired September 30th.  I mentioned it to the Sales Manager, which he said he saw I had.  He said he applied it to my order, so I hope that when it finally comes in (if it ever does) that it is on the order. 

To us unlucky ones, Happy Waiting! 

14 minutes ago, bbqtruck said:

Thought I would throw this out there for those that had to wait a few months from their order to make you feel better for yourself.  I ordered a 2022 F350 6.7 SRW, UTT, MR, Quad Beam, Adaptive Cruise, Tailgate Step, 5th Wheel Prep, WW Liner, and AS on 4/8.  In early August, I asked my dealer to remove the AS, but he said he couldn't since it had already been given a build week.  After almost 8 weeks, I finally got him to remove the AS at the end of September.  When he removed AS from my order, my pricing changed on the order sheet to reflect Ford's increase in the base model pricing.  My first build week date was the week of September 20.  I have been given 8 changes to my build week.  I thought I was having progress as on November 1st, I was given the build week of November 15 with an actual build day of November 19th (build day provided by my dealer).  I haven't had an email from Ford since November 1st, but my dealer informed me that my build week is now December 13th with no assigned build day.  I continue to see trucks on the Super Duty tracking spreadsheet get moved from In Order Processing with the same specs that I now have that were even ordered after I made the change to the AS and my truck continues to get moved further down the line.  To add on top of it, I ordered a 5th Wheel 2 weeks after I ordered my truck.  The 5th wheel came in back in August, but now is winterized for the year.  I don't need the new truck now until March, but now my concern is that I may or may not (if it gets cancelled) get a 2022 truck towards the end of the model year.  I have ordered many vehicles from this dealer and feel like I have been taken care of.  The sales manager has told me that he hopes to never have to experience these productions issues ever again.  

Oh to add to the frustrations, I was given a PCO for $2000 that expired September 30th.  I mentioned it to the Sales Manager, which he said he saw I had.  He said he applied it to my order, so I hope that when it finally comes in (if it ever does) that it is on the order. 

To us unlucky ones, Happy Waiting! 

@bbqtruck or @ice-capades Where do we find the Super Duty Tracking Spreadsheet?

Edited by GynormousMellon

On 11/21/2021 at 6:52 AM, Fl utilities said:

Hello everybody. I have been lurking since September after placing my order 8/14, confirmed 8/16, I received the vin on 10/14 with a projected build week of 11/22. 
f450 crew cab ultimate lariat oxford white

6.7 power stroke 

gooseneck kit

floor mat in lieu of carpet 

fx4 off road package 

utt camera pro trailer backup assist 

I got my window sticker Friday and the tracking sites say in production. However I had called my dealer to check on the truck Thursday and when they finally got back to me yesterday they are telling me that they see a hold on the build and that it could be delayed as much as 30days. Has anyone experienced this after getting your window sticker and being in production?

A big thanks to ice capades and all the others who are on the inside and provide us with information! Hope everyone gets their trucks soon!

44DBAD92-AB63-4032-B1F2-16E9E6EEB7C3.jpeg

Nice truck.  It is extremely similar to mine.  My truck also says in production on the Ford tracking website but I have not seen a build week.  I did want to tell you that you might want to add the 100 dollar engine block heater to your build.  I was stranded south of Dallas last year waiting for a space heater to heat the belly of the truck to finally get my 2018 f350 to turn over.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:00 AM, JT42 said:

Folks I  really appreciate all the intelligent people on this forum.

Glad I found the forum while searching for more information on this subject since I have a relatively new order that was placed at the end of Oct with all the usual slow down options selected. 

The question I have is if the commodity shortage continues, and Ford retools its line for 2023 MY at what point do 2022 MY orders get rolled over to 2023 or does your order get cancelled and you have to re-order? Do you get notified by email? How does this work anyone have any experience with this? 

JT

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered using a fleet program discount. The discount is good on 2022 models but not on a 2023. So if my order gets cancelled I lose a $10k discount. The salesman says it's not looking good for my order since I still don't have a VIN# yet and I ordered a basic F350 XL. There's no way I will pay full price! For that kind of money I'll do a ground up restoration on my 2001 Chevy 3500....

1 hour ago, 22F450 said:

Nice truck.  It is extremely similar to mine.  My truck also says in production on the Ford tracking website but I have not seen a build week.

If your order was scheduled, the assigned production was week was available in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system, which Dealers can access 24/7, as soon as it was scheduled. 

49 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered using a fleet program discount. The discount is good on 2022 models but not on a 2023. So if my order gets cancelled I lose a $10k discount. The salesman says it's not looking good for my order since I still don't have a VIN# yet and I ordered a basic F350 XL. There's no way I will pay full price! For that kind of money I'll do a ground up restoration on my 2001 Chevy 3500....

Sorry, but I have little reason to be sympathetic for individual customers that ordered vehicles through a fleet account, legitimate or otherwise. Production, allocation and scheduling is prioritized for retail and stock orders. Fleet orders fill an important role besides what many falsely assume is fleet dumping, contrary to what many believe. The average OTD (Order to Delivery) for 2022 Super Duty fleet orders is 30+ weeks and fleet orders are balancing out early in order to meet the order volume for retail and stock orders due to the many factors impacting production volume this year.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry, but I have little reason to be sympathetic for individual customers that ordered vehicles through a fleet account, legitimate or otherwise. Production, allocation and scheduling is prioritized for retail and stock orders. Fleet orders fill an important role besides what many falsely assume is fleet dumping, contrary to what many believe. The average OTD (Order to Delivery) for 2022 Super Duty fleet orders is 30+ weeks and fleet orders are balancing out early in order to meet the order volume for retail and stock orders due to the many factors impacting production volume this year.   

I understand your position. Back in May/June I was shopping Ford, GM, and Ram. Ford had the best product at the best price. My local Farmer's Co-op told me about the Land O'Lakes fleet program and how to use it. So I did. However I was not told that Ford would string me along for 6+ months only to cancel my order (hopefully they won't!). I was told my Mfg date was the first week in December and I was OK with that. I'm also OK waiting longer if I know I'm not going to be cancelled. I was also not told that fleet orders went to the back of the line. I thought it was first in first out. If I had been told these things I would not have placed my order with Ford. So now I'm screwed because Ram is closing the ordering bank and I think GM has stopped taking orders also (Fleet). So IF Ford cancels my order they cost me $10K. I truely hope this is all wasted typing and my truck gets scheduled. I worked in manufacturing for over 30 years as a master scheduler in a plant. I fully understand all aspects of it. But most of all I understand you don't promise what you can't do. 

• Like 1

Very thankful for everyone's input here. Asking for a little more input.

Order date: 10/4/21, Priority 19 (moved to 02 last week)

F350 SRW, Lariat Ultimate, with Adaptive Steering 

No VIN or scheduled dates

I talked to the dealer last week and I had been moved into a priority 02, my question is do I risk going back down in priority to remove Adaptive Steering? I am not married to the idea of having AS. He did say that another similar truck with AS got scheduled last week and they ordered the week before me. I need to have the truck this spring and am going to be in a bit of pickle with out it. From others experience here it sounds like keeping the AS may get me scheduled but ultimately might just get bumped week after week? 

New guy alert! Ordered/built 22 f250 lariat black out appearance with the lariat ultimate package. As everyone else, unsure of dealership words. I built my truck on the 9th of Nov, that same day received an email “order confirmed” but that’s it. I got a ford money reward that expires on January 1, 2022. 

any advice good or bad?!

45 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

I understand your position. Back in May/June I was shopping Ford, GM, and Ram. Ford had the best product at the best price. My local Farmer's Co-op told me about the Land O'Lakes fleet program and how to use it. So I did. However I was not told that Ford would string me along for 6+ months only to cancel my order (hopefully they won't!). I was told my Mfg date was the first week in December and I was OK with that. I'm also OK waiting longer if I know I'm not going to be cancelled. I was also not told that fleet orders went to the back of the line. I thought it was first in first out. If I had been told these things I would not have placed my order with Ford. So now I'm screwed because Ram is closing the ordering bank and I think GM has stopped taking orders also (Fleet). So IF Ford cancels my order they cost me $10K. I truely hope this is all wasted typing and my truck gets scheduled. I worked in manufacturing for over 30 years as a master scheduler in a plant. I fully understand all aspects of it. But most of all I understand you don't promise what you can't do. 

I don’t believe Ford ever promises anything regarding build time or order time on any type of order.  And what is this $10k discount?

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t believe Ford ever promises anything regarding build time or order time on any type of order.

There are no guarantees of any kind as Ford includes disclaimers specifically stating that there are no guarantees and that Ford may discontinue any vehicle at any time without notice. 

53 minutes ago, Mattyb2251 said:

New guy alert! Ordered/built 22 f250 lariat black out appearance with the lariat ultimate package. As everyone else, unsure of dealership words. I built my truck on the 9th of Nov, that same day received an email “order confirmed” but that’s it. I got a ford money reward that expires on January 1, 2022. 

any advice good or bad?!

That is normal. Order Confirmation just means your order has been submitted to ford. Now you are in the waiting pool for it to be scheduled for production. This could be weeks or months depending on options, commodity issues, and dealer allocations. With the holidays and everything id be surprised if you get any more news before the new year(very few scheduling weeks between now and then).

As far as PCO's ive heard some able to lock them in ahead of time, and some cannot. Best to ask your dealer about locking it in, as its pretty much impossible you will receive the truck before that date.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1