2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t believe Ford ever promises anything regarding build time or order time on any type of order.  And what is this $10k discount?

OK, so they didn't say "promise". It was implied. I placed an order, gave my dealer a deposit, and was told (by my salesman) I would get a truck... sometime( I'll wait as long as it takes). Since the salesman is an extension of the dealership and the dealership is an extenion of Ford, Ford implied I would get a truck. As for the $10k discount, I went to Ford's build/price website and built my truck. I gave the paper to my salesman and he gave me a quote of the MSRP then taking the Land O'Lakes fleet discount and whatever else he did the total was $10,822 below the MSRP number he gave me. I shopped three ford dealers and all were within $1,500 of each other on the truck/discount. For the 2023 Ford models Land O'Lakes discount is a flat $500! So if I get cancelled I have to pay over $10k more for the same truck. 

Edited by Beefmaster

35 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

I have a private offer as well I can’t speak for everyone’s but mine states that as long as your order is put in before the expiration date they have to honor it.  Unless it gets bumped to

a 2023 model.

I thinking the same thing they have to honor it! Was that on your paperwork from ford?

37 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

I have a private offer as well I can’t speak for everyone’s but mine states that as long as your order is put in before the expiration date they have to honor it.  Unless it gets bumped to

a 2023 model.

Not necessarily. That’s what I thought. The problem with my order is I ordered the truck before I received the offer. My dealer says I had to receive the offer, then place the order. ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

Not necessarily. That’s what I thought. The problem with my order is I ordered the truck before I received the offer. My dealer says I had to receive the offer, then place the order. ?‍♂️

I received the offer before I ordered the truck, I’m going to end up at the dealership soon between this issue and a few other concerns and I can’t get answers

1 hour ago, Beefmaster said:

OK, so they didn't say "promise". It was implied. I placed an order, gave my dealer a deposit, and was told (by my salesman) I would get a truck... sometime( I'll wait as long as it takes). Since the salesman is an extension of the dealership and the dealership is an extenion of Ford, Ford implied I would get a truck. As for the $10k discount, I went to Ford's build/price website and built my truck. I gave the paper to my salesman and he gave me a quote of the MSRP then taking the Land O'Lakes fleet discount and whatever else he did the total was $10,822 below the MSRP number he gave me. I shopped three ford dealers and all were within $1,500 of each other on the truck/discount. For the 2023 Ford models Land O'Lakes discount is a flat $500! So if I get cancelled I have to pay over $10k more for the same truck. 

First, the dealer is not Ford.  They are independent businesses.  Whatever they told you or implied is on them not Ford.  And normally your truck would be built by now but even retail orders from April haven’t been built yet.  There are numerous supply chain issues not just AS,

As for losing that discount there is no reason why you can’t get almost the same price on a 23.  It’s just a combination of fleet discounts and rebates,

Sounds like you’re trying to talk yourself into buying something else.  If that’s what you want go for it.

why is ford showing TV commercials saying you can get ford trucks when dealers have almost none in stock and the ordering process is at a standstill. I feel like the order I placed on August 2 is just a joke and really thinking about cancelling. My dealer keeps telling me false information like they should have a build order next week. I was told this 3 times in the 5 weeks. I am very discussed this  would have been my 7th ford truck in  about 25 years.  I was a loyal Ford truck man now wondering why.

52 minutes ago, akirby said:

First, the dealer is not Ford.  They are independent businesses.  Whatever they told you or implied is on them not Ford.  And normally your truck would be built by now but even retail orders from April haven’t been built yet.  There are numerous supply chain issues not just AS,

As for losing that discount there is no reason why you can’t get almost the same price on a 23.  It’s just a combination of fleet discounts and rebates,

Sounds like you’re trying to talk yourself into buying something else.  If that’s what you want go for it.

According to the Land O'Lakes rep I spoke to they negotiate pricing discounts with Ford for each year. The pricing for 2021 and 2022 models was made before Covid really took over. Now the contract for 2023 models has a flat $500 fleet discount. I guess the dealer can charge whatever they want though. As for supply chain issues, I have a stripped down F350 XL bare bones truck with no profit margin. I told my salesman that if I need to change any of the very few options I have that I will and so far he has not told me of anything that would hold my order up. As for buying something else, I researched for almost year before deciding on the F350. I buy a truck every 10-15 years so I make sure what I get is what I want. At my age this most likely will be the last truck I buy. If Ford can't deliver then I will buy something else. I stopped talking to myself years ago... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

I received my line in the mail a month and a half after I ordered…my dealer applied it on top of my x plan now it’s locked in until I take delivery…ordered mine 7/27 got a vin and production week of 10/25 bumped to 11/1 then 11/8 then 11/15 and hadn’t received an email since…now my dealer just checked and it says it’s set for production week 12/13

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old fat and Grumpy said:

why is ford showing TV commercials saying you can get ford trucks when dealers have almost none in stock and the ordering process is at a standstill. I feel like the order I placed on August 2 is just a joke and really thinking about cancelling. My dealer keeps telling me false information like they should have a build order next week. I was told this 3 times in the 5 weeks. I am very discussed this  would have been my 7th ford truck in  about 25 years.  I was a loyal Ford truck man now wondering why.

It’s not a joke.  Given the profit level on these trucks Ford will do everything humanly possible to get them built.  Your dealer is an idiot if he’s telling you that.

Supply chain issues are affecting multiple different parts at different times.  It is what it is,  Dealers have inventory and trucks are being built and delivered.  Unfortunately some are harder to build than others.  

On 11/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, manko said:

I noticed some dealer sites have links on the individual inventory pages to check if you have a Ford Private offer in the system.  I believe this checks Ford's database, but I can't be entirely sure because I don't have a PCO in their system.

For example, if you go to the Village Ford website and click on a specific truck in their inventory there is a "SEE FORD PRIVATE OFFER" button.  Filling this out seems to query the database.  Perhaps someone who has a confirmed PCO in their name can try this out and report back here if it comes up when they fill in their information.

It would be nice if we had some confirmed way of checking without having to ask your dealer to do it.

I tried this today and my $3500 offer showed right up

On 11/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, manko said:

I noticed some dealer sites have links on the individual inventory pages to check if you have a Ford Private offer in the system.  I believe this checks Ford's database, but I can't be entirely sure because I don't have a PCO in their system.

For example, if you go to the Village Ford website and click on a specific truck in their inventory there is a "SEE FORD PRIVATE OFFER" button.  Filling this out seems to query the database.  Perhaps someone who has a confirmed PCO in their name can try this out and report back here if it comes up when they fill in their information.

It would be nice if we had some confirmed way of checking without having to ask your dealer to do it.

I tried this today and my $3500 offer showed right up

17 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

Exactly what my dealer told me.  But, after reading on here where one dealer reached out to the Ford regional guy to try to get it locked in, I asked my dealer to do the same.  After all, it's not our fault the trucks we ordered 6-8 months ago may still not be delivered by January 3rd.  My dealer said he would ask the Ford regional rep for help  Fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, GynormousMellon said:

I sent in the info, my VIN and order#, but I haven't shown up yet on the tracking sheet.  Anyone know how long it takes to populate?  I sent in the form yesterday.

Thanks

I sent mine in on the unscheduled forum and it was up almost instantly. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 12:53 PM, 22F450 said:

Nice truck.  It is extremely similar to mine.  My truck also says in production on the Ford tracking website but I have not seen a build week.  I did want to tell you that you might want to add the 100 dollar engine block heater to your build.  I was stranded south of Dallas last year waiting for a space heater to heat the belly of the truck to finally get my 2018 f350 to turn over.

Thanks for the recommendation. I do appreciate the info however it is unlikely that my truck will ever leave central Florida and I don’t believe I will be needing one down here, I hope! I got my projected build week when I got my vin now mine says in production but I haven’t got a build date. Did you not even get a build week with your vin? 

Edited by Fl utilities

10 hours ago, Forderorder said:

- Do orders show up in the Vehicle Visibility Report before they are assigned a VIN?

- Can Ford customer service tell if an order has been verified for COVP?

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which shows information including the complete order history, scheduling, production, shipping and all status updates. The order goes into the Vehicle Visibility system the minute it's submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and is updated with each status change. 

3 hours ago, jmac5058 said:

Just this morning I was given a copy of my sticker and no change of my production date , does this mean im going to be built on that week or can I still get bumped ?

Window sticker is usually available about a week before your production date. It means your vehicle was added to the assembly line queue at the plant. I dont think it can get bumped at this point.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1