2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Not sure why Ford decided to eat their Wheaties on my order but this is coming along much more quickly than I thought.  It looks like I will be stalling to pick it up so I can get 90 days membership for X plan pricing to be eligible. 1st world problems I guess.  Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of you and Merry upcoming Christmas!

Screenshot_20211128-094629_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mattyb2251 said:

Is it possible to track your truck with out a VIN? @ice-capades

how do you get this track you that was posted? 

No. VIN number is available from your Dealer via the Vehicle Visibility report which will also include the rail carrier information and rail car number when t's been loaded. 

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benpack61 said:

Hey folks, should I be worried my name is not in the Customer Name box? They took my driver's license and signature. Just concerned.

20211111_193623.jpg

I have the same x’s in place of my name on my order sheet from the dealership. My first initial and last name is only 6 letters so I don’t believe I would exceed a maximum length. My biggest concern in this whole process has been having my truck sold out from under me. This is my first special order truck and when I placed it I didn’t even know that was a possibility, since then I have found out it’s a very real possibility. 

39 minutes ago, 22F450 said:

Dude I would be furious ? ? with them..I was prepared to wait 6 months but now it looks like 9 weeks from order to delivery

I’m going on 16 weeks without a delivery date and I know there are many guys that have been waiting way longer then me. My biggest problem is the information my dealer provides is way behind the information I have and at some times almost seems misleading like they have another buyer for my truck. 

7 hours ago, Forderorder said:

The printout I got had the EXACT same Xes in the name area on the day when I ordered from the dealer. Since that day I have spoken with Ford to confirm that the order is under my name and they say it is. The Xes must just be what shows as a placeholder until they input the real name. But I was also confused why they wouldn’t just type my name in from square one… it wouldn’t be that hard to do.  In fact it seems like it would be harder to manage all of the orders in their system when they are named the same.

I have the same order form and my name is on it. First name initial and full last name.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sox3 said:

I have the same order form and my name is on it. First name initial and full last name.

Yea that doesn’t ease my fears at all! I’m going to pay the dealership an in person visit this week, meet the manager,  look him in the eyes and shake his hand and let him know that  I expect my truck! 

31 minutes ago, Fl utilities said:

Yea that doesn’t ease my fears at all! I’m going to pay the dealership an in person visit this week, meet the manager,  look him in the eyes and shake his hand and let him know that  I expect my truck! 

There are some ideas regarding that in this thread: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl utilities said:

I bypassed my extremely unresponsive sales guy and called the sales manager.  In 10 minutes over text he sent pic of the vin on his site and 4 digit order number that I could track on the ford tracking website

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 22F450 said:

I bypassed my extremely unresponsive sales guy and called the sales manager.  In 10 minutes over text he sent pic of the vin on his site and 4 digit order number that I could track on the ford tracking website

I have my vin and order code my truck is “in production” what concerns me is after I got my window sticker my dealer said my build was on a 30 day hold, after sharing that information here ice capades recommended I ask to see the information they were referencing. When I asked my dealer for a screenshot of what they were seeing they began backtracking and changing their story.   They will not provide me with a copy of what they’re seeing and as I have been working out of town I haven’t been able to pay them a visit. That will change this week, time to meet with the sales manager.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's probably an early preview of the order but is a retail order with a "10" priority code which is the best a Dealer can assign. They should have updated the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system with your name in order to prevent a potential conflict with the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) program. If your order is a "Plan" order rather than a regular Retail order, the WBDO system will display the "Plan" pricing if they select "Plan Pricing" for the screen display.  

Thanks man,

Should I call the dealer tomorrow and ask some specific questions about this?

New here and first post, I ordered a 22 F450 Platinum on 8/6 dealer confirmed order with in two weeks and said that is was a priority 10, spoke to them about in September and said it was moved to a priority 2. I did order with AS and spray in liner. Thinking about dropping both to see if I can get a build date. Defiantly frustrating seeing so many with build dates even if they are getting pushed. Even though I gave the dealer my email I have not received any info from Ford. Will see about order number to track.  

Well I texted my sales guy today who told me that I could not make any changes to my order since its been in the system for so long which I not sure I believe. Told me once again that its been pushed to a Priority 2 which he told me already. Really getting frustrated, will just wait and see what happens might take so long that Ill have to change to a 23. He did give me my order number. Is there somewhere I can track with only my order number? Thanks

Edited by DaveMows

5 hours ago, benpack61 said:

Thanks man,

Should I call the dealer tomorrow and ask some specific questions about this?

It's your decision of course. I just hate it when orders are handled so poorly. It's too easy, even with the best intentions, for someone to forget to update the order with the correct, complete information. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fl utilities said:

They will not provide me with a copy of what they’re seeing and as I have been working out of town I haven’t been able to pay them a visit. That will change this week, time to meet with the sales manager.

If they pull the line that it's confidential information, remind them as a party to this transaction you are permitted to have the information.  Confidential tag is to send a message to dealership the detail can not be shared with dealership (or other) personnel that do not have a need to know.

• Like 1

Some of these dealerships are unbelievable, The one i started out with was terrible but ended up canceling the order after a few days because they wanted $2500 down and marked up the price after the initial price was agreed upon.  Went to the second dealership explained my experience with the first dealership and they have been great so far.  I think some of these dealerships forget that customers share their buying experiences with potential buyers. 

• Like 2

My dealer just told me my F450 Platinum was pushed to 12/13 from it's previous date of 11/27.  Ordered 3/31 and I've lost track of the number of dates I've had.  Canceled AS in August.  They said they have no idea why it's delayed again.  Aggravating to say the least when seeing others being built that haven't been waiting as long.

33 minutes ago, kenneths said:

Can anyone else look up a railcar number for me please?

My dealer claims they do not have it even after I told them how to look for it. My truck has been in shipment since 10/19 and not being able to check on it is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

The rail car number is in the Vehicle Visibility report. The default view only shows one line with the most recent status information. Your Dealer may need to look at the "Full Table" view. 

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The rail car number is in the Vehicle Visibility report. The default view only shows one line with the most recent status information. Your Dealer may need to look at the "Full Table" view. 

Yes sir, I explained that to my dealer, even sent them an email showing how it is done and they still tell me it is not there. I am regretting ordering from this dealer!

I have a 1st Responder $500 and they are allowing me to use it with a $2500.00 incentive from Ford. I am firm belief that it depends on the dealership.  For all the trouble some customers are having with orders Ford Motor Company should force the dealership to allow customers to use all incentives/rebates available.