2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Bull894 said:

I have a 1st Responder $500 and they are allowing me to use it with a $2500.00 incentive from Ford. I am firm belief that it depends on the dealership.  For all the trouble some customers are having with orders Ford Motor Company should force the dealership to allow customers to use all incentives/rebates available. 

LUCKY! I’ve tried two dealers and they won’t let me!

24 minutes ago, Bull894 said:

And yes I do know that the dealerships are owned privately, but at the end of day the dealership is selling Fords!

Also at the end of the day there are state laws that make what you suggest illegal.

But this isn’t a dealership issue.  These rebates are direct from Ford to the customer.  Dealer has no say.  If Ford says no but the dealer is giving you credit for a rebate then the dealer is just giving you a bigger discount on their price.

4 hours ago, kenneths said:

Can anyone else look up a railcar number for me please?

My dealer claims they do not have it even after I told them how to look for it. My truck has been in shipment since 10/19 and not being able to check on it is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

lol up until today I was driving my wife nuts because I could not find delivery details. My truck has to go through New Orleans via train before being trucked to the dealership.  I just got the rail car number this morning, when tracking it I found out there is serious congestion at the train terminal.  So now that I know where the truck is at and about the congestion causing long delays, from there I can find approximately how much longer, but my mind is now at ease.  Perhaps yours needs to go through the same Train Terminal with the same congestion, it is slow but they are working through the cars and getting them unloaded, it is just a a painfully slow pace for us.

10 hours ago, kenneths said:

Can anyone else look up a railcar number for me please?

My dealer claims they do not have it even after I told them how to look for it. My truck has been in shipment since 10/19 and not being able to check on it is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

When I put my Vin number into the  Vehicle Locator by ford Employees Forum  Cyberdman Was able to give me my rail car number and the location it is currently at. Many thanks go out to him..

27 minutes ago, Fl utilities said:

Got the shipped email from Ford, anyone have a truck delivered to Florida the eta seems pretty quick compared to what I’ve seen others experiencing for shipping lead time.

F0CD40CF-F837-48D7-A44A-F684DA82ADFC.jpeg

Nice.  Built 450s in a batch I guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

image.png.b4fac636a5716935982e8ee4c5693407.png

With everyone seeming to have been pushed to 12/13 with no email from Ford (myself included), I sure hope they actually get them all in that week.  Otherwise it's another guaranteed month or more added to the wait with the three week shut down.  I expected there would be down time around the Holidays, but with almost everyone on this forums with similar build timelines going back to the summer or earlier all suddenly pushed back to the week of 12/13 it's going to be interesting to see what the next update for all of us will be.

Interesting. I’m in the auto industry and the only time I’ve seen Mfr factory closures like that, is when they re-tool for the next model year. Does anybody know if this plant closure timing occurs at the same time every year or not? I would assume Nothing if it’s same time every year, but if this isn’t…..it could mean a bit more. 

54 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

Interesting. I’m in the auto industry and the only time I’ve seen Mfr factory closures like that, is when they re-tool for the next model year. Does anybody know if this plant closure timing occurs at the same time every year or not? I would assume Nothing if it’s same time every year, but if this isn’t…..it could mean a bit more. 

They always close for at least a week or two.  

1 hour ago, Quigs said:

With everyone seeming to have been pushed to 12/13 with no email from Ford (myself included), I sure hope they actually get them all in that week.  Otherwise it's another guaranteed month or more added to the wait with the three week shut down.  I expected there would be down time around the Holidays, but with almost everyone on this forums with similar build timelines going back to the summer or earlier all suddenly pushed back to the week of 12/13 it's going to be interesting to see what the next update for all of us will be.

I’m in the same boat, ordered 7/19, scheduled to week 12/13. 

Assuming noble intent (I’m not a Ford employee, but I do work in the engineering/construction/procurement industry), I think Ford operations is cognizant of their throughput capacity. If your order does get bumped, a reasonable person could assume it likely because they overbooked and/or a commodity/resource issue came up.  I don’t think they would overbook their schedule just to overbook it. That’s not smart. If there is any overbooking, it’s likely because a population of their scheduled vehicles may fall off or hang on due to a potential commodity or resource limitation that could arise. In business, that’s called planned contingency. 

Think about it… you plan a BBQ every week with friends and family. Saturday tradition. You get the headcount:  7 hot dogs, 9 burgers. You actually end up having to buy 10 hot dogs and 10 burgers (due to available packaging at the market). During the week you let folks know there will be plenty of food if they want to bring a friend. Well, it’s BBQ day and everyone bailed this week, but you cook 2 burgers and 2 hot dogs for your family of 4. So what’s your plan for next week… get a head count again, freeze the 8 dogs and 8 burgers until BBQ day again, and go to the store and buy that 5 pack of dogs and 5 pack of burgers. So now you have more inventory than you probably need for the next two BBQ Saturday’s.

What happens when you can’t plan like that and the market doesn’t have inventory to support a weekly BBQ Saturday? You get a head count and have to start letting people know that they might  be able to join the gathering this Saturday, but if not then the next one… and so on. 

I could be wrong and it’s a terrible analogy. But my understanding for any order that does get scheduled and then bumped is due to a number of variables. At anytime, a commodity issue within any build can come up the week before, or even the day of. Also remember: there are actual people at the plant who build these wonderful trucks, and (as a real life example) have to deal with the conflicting and ever changing COVID policies, which includes being sent home for symptoms, testing, etc. Compound that with the supply chain and the mess that’s currently in.

We reap what we sow. I’m going to sow some hope that any truck scheduled for 12/13 will get built that week, unless something unforeseen comes up. As customers, we are at the mercy of the information we receive as well as God’s perfect timing.

Happy waiting folks ?

Edited by nswan

4 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Regardless of commodities restraints, Ford doesn't really seem to care about getting SDs built. Maybe a three week shut down will allow for some items to become available. 

I would suspect the plant shutdowns are, at least somewhat, union-driven, no?

Has anyone had this message show up when tracking on the Ford site (message in red). Also the Mach E tracker can’t track either. Both have been fine since I received my VIN back in October. Is this maybe a good sign that something is finally happening??? Next week will be my 6th scheduled build week….264E1B6E-C9D6-448D-AE80-8F9649D8A3A1.thumb.png.c92dfab3563861eb7e6d87aa12a9886a.png

11 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

image.png.b4fac636a5716935982e8ee4c5693407.png

Regardless of commodities restraints, Ford doesn't really seem to care about getting SDs built. Maybe a three week shut down will allow for some items to become available. 

I ordered a Platinum beginning of August (no AS)  and have been a Ford man all my life. They are losing my confidence in them quickly! No scheduled date or VIN and now I'm pretty sure I won't even see it in six months. Not  sure how much longer I will hang on before bailing. Worst part is they don"t care. 

22 minutes ago, Pizzaguy said:

I ordered a Platinum beginning of August (no AS)  and have been a Ford man all my life. They are losing my confidence in them quickly! No scheduled date or VIN and now I'm pretty sure I won't even see it in six months. Not  sure how much longer I will hang on before bailing. Worst part is they don"t care. 

Unfortunately what else would you go with? I think they make the best vehicles available and will stick it out, but doesn't mean I'm going to be entirely happy about it. I do think they care overall, however given the commodities limitations their hands are tied. I see a 3 week shut down as an insult to the customers though. Its one thing not to have the parts and not be able to produce a product... it's another to just give up. 

Edited by CaptainKopper