2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

58 minutes ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Has anyone had this message show up when tracking on the Ford site (message in red). Also the Mach E tracker can’t track either. Both have been fine since I received my VIN back in October. Is this maybe a good sign that something is finally happening??? Next week will be my 6th scheduled build week….

Yep mine is giving me the same thing today. I’ve noticed it’s off and on

Would anyone happen to know what the cut-off date is for shipping trucks built just before the holiday shutdown?

My build week is 12/20, so I’m curious if it actually gets built that week , will it sit there until mid-January when it ramps back up or is it only the assembly line that will be shutdown for 3 weeks

1 hour ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Has anyone had this message show up when tracking on the Ford site (message in red). Also the Mach E tracker can’t track either. Both have been fine since I received my VIN back in October. Is this maybe a good sign that something is finally happening??? Next week will be my 6th scheduled build week….264E1B6E-C9D6-448D-AE80-8F9649D8A3A1.thumb.png.c92dfab3563861eb7e6d87aa12a9886a.png

Yes, Mine is doing the same thing.  Mine is in the process of shipping I think so I also thought maybe it meant something was happing!

27 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

Unfortunately what else would you go with? I think they make the best vehicles available and will stick it out, but doesn't mean I'm going to be entirely happy about it. I do think they care overall, however given the commodities limitations their hands are tied. I see a 3 week shut down as an insult to the customers though. Its one thing not to have the parts and not be able to produce a product... it's another to just give up. 

I will either keep my '17 Dually Lariat  and buy a winter vehicle or maybe buy a Ram. The random way Ford is scheduling vehicles to be built is just showing how incompetent or antiquated the system is.  If they offered to make it right, I may be more understanding. They want people to order a new vehicle rather than to buy off the lot as was previously done, but then can't deliver in a timely manner. Then there are people that ordered in Sept and Oct. that have their new truck already with the same options that are supposedly holding my truck up.

30 minutes ago, ampmal said:

so, i just got this Sunday Night! hope they build it this time it's only been since March 31.

Dec 6.jpg

@ampmal I'm also waiting on a F-450.  Ordered Aug 4th, and have had a VIN sine Oct 30th.  King Ranch with Adaptive Steering.  Does yours have AS by chance? When I check the other sites tracking sheet under your name, looks like you ordered mostly the same options as me minus AS.

19 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

@ampmal I'm also waiting on a F-450.  Ordered Aug 4th, and have had a VIN sine Oct 30th.  King Ranch with Adaptive Steering.  Does yours have AS by chance? When I check the other sites tracking sheet under your name, looks like you ordered mostly the same options as me minus AS.

No took that out in July 

1 hour ago, GynormousMellon said:

I feel your pain! I ordered a 450 Platinum the 6th of August with AS and spray in liner. It has been sitting at a priority 2 since September. Every time I talk with salesman he keeps saying its moved to the priority 2 and we should be getting a vin and a build date. Still nothing and he has said that since its been in the system for so long that I cannot make any changes to the order. Defiantly very frustrated. Wondering if I should just cancel and wait for the 23! But I know Ill be in the same situation there too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaveMows said:

I feel your pain! I ordered a 450 Platinum the 6th of August with AS and spray in liner. It has been sitting at a priority 2 since September. Every time I talk with salesman he keeps saying its moved to the priority 2 and we should be getting a vin and a build date. Still nothing and he has said that since its been in the system for so long that I cannot make any changes to the order. Defiantly very frustrated. Wondering if I should just cancel and wait for the 23! But I know Ill be in the same situation there too. 

@DaveMows I'm going to stick with this and not cancel.  Cancel = starting all over again IMHO.  I've had my VIN since 30 Oct and says "Production Scheduled" but no movement so far.  With the schedule plant "vacation" shutdowns December and Jan and the commodity issues, I'm just figuring on sometime late January at the earliest for me and AS. Didn't order spray in liner so hopefully this helps.  

To be honest, thinking about taking a vacation from this thread to reduce my mild anxiousness.  At times reading this, I fell like a fat kid waiting in a super log line at the dessert bar and all the ice cream is melting!!!!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Unfortunately what else would you go with? I think they make the best vehicles available and will stick it out, but doesn't mean I'm going to be entirely happy about it. I do think they care overall, however given the commodities limitations their hands are tied. I see a 3 week shut down as an insult to the customers though. Its one thing not to have the parts and not be able to produce a product... it's another to just give up. 

As frustrated as I am with having to wait so long for my ford ordered 5/20 or something like that. It is the holidays and I work at a factory. Me and I'm sure you also would not hesitate to accept a 3 week vacation for the holidays. It looks more to me like they care more about their employees family time then you getting your truck sooner. The demand isn't going anywhere. And to keep quality work. You need happy employees not pissed off on a holiday at work building your truck making mistakes. 

So I think you need to be more patient for the holidays.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, danielj said:

As frustrated as I am with having to wait so long for my ford ordered 5/20 or something like that. It is the holidays and I work at a factory. Me and I'm sure you also would not hesitate to accept a 3 week vacation for the holidays. It looks more to me like they care more about their employees family time then you getting your truck sooner. The demand isn't going anywhere. And to keep quality work. You need happy employees not pissed off on a holiday at work building your truck making mistakes. 

So I think you need to be more patient for the holidays.

In what world does anyone get a three week holiday? Seriously. If every plant was shut down the same duration it would make sense that "Ford cares about their employees". But it's just the Super Duty plants. Not to mention what holiday is the second week in January this worth another week of shut downs?

• Thanks 1

I find it somewhat humorous that there are folks in here that have ordered within the last 3 mos having high expectations that their truck would/should have been delivered already considering the world-wide economic climate we have been in for the last 18mos.

Today marks 6mos from the time we had our confirmation on our F450 and still no movement even though it never had any of the currently listed option restrictions.

There are folks here that are waiting since March and have yet to get a vin!

So, get to the back of the line and enjoy the view that others in this boat have had for some time. You'll probably still get your truck before mine!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaptainKopper said:

In what world does anyone get a three week holiday? Seriously. If every plant was shut down the same duration it would make sense that "Ford cares about their employees". But it's just the Super Duty plants. Not to mention what holiday is the second week in January this worth another week of shut downs?

I'm sure the shutdowns have absolutely nothing to do with parts availability.  I mean, it makes perfect sense for Ford to just shutdown for 3 weeks when they have lots of trucks to build and ample supply of parts coming in.  ?

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, CaptainKopper said:

Hey guys, I've been reading along for a little while now since I ordered my 250 and thank you all for the insight into the challenges we all face. Down here in South Florida there are plenty of Ford dealers and I know we all hate paying MSRP if we don't have to. I was wondering if in the order process any one had any luck getting dealers to compete for your order? Giving discounts, incentives, etc? Im only 3 weeks into my order (250 platinum tremor, AS, Bedliner and almost everything else that can hold it up) and just now thinking of this, I don't mind canceling and reordering should someone want to make a deal. If this is the new way to buy a truck, maybe they need to come up with a new way to get the order as its the same process roughly from anyone.   

1 hour ago, CaptainKopper said:

Even with the 3 week shut down. You are not even 2 months into your order with AS. I do not think the 3 weeks will hold you back one bit.  Ford is not going to go into deep detail as to why they are taking 3 weeks because it only gives people more ammo to be upset that their truck isn't done yet. Just think of it as maintenance and repairs and deep cleaning to the plant so you don't receive a truck included in a recall for incorrectly torqued leaf springs causing the u-bolts to break going 85mph on the freeway with your new camper attached and having a serious accident but telling everyone. "At least I got my truck 3 weeks earlier"

They are not holding back on building trucks. If the plant is down then it's lost profit. They will get to your truck by July I'm sure. ?

• Like 1

Well folks it’s been a while since I’ve updated my status. I am currently tracking my truck moving along on the rail car from town to town. It was shipped out of Kentucky on 26 November and currently got to Wichita, KS last night around midnight. The remainder of the journey should be quick and I think I will be able to touch it early next week.

• Like 1

Here is my rail tracking as complete as I can report it.

* Departed - 26 November, Kentucky @ 19:06.

* Received - 28 November, E. St. Louis, IL @ 16:45.

* Arrived - 28 November, JCT PT. E. St. Louis, IL @ 19:45.

* Received - 29 November, Gateway yard, IL @ 13:43.

* Departed - 30 November, Independence, MO @ 1:08.

* Arrived - 30 November, Herrington, KS @ 11:15.

* Departed - 1 December, Newton, KS @ 18:12.
* Departed - 1 December, Whitewater, KS @ 19:30.

* Arrived - 2 December, Wichita, KS @ 00:39.

almost here.

Edited by ikre8kos4u

On 12/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, nswan said:

I’m in the same boat, ordered 7/19, scheduled to week 12/13. 

Assuming noble intent (I’m not a Ford employee, but I do work in the engineering/construction/procurement industry), I think Ford operations is cognizant of their throughput capacity. If your order does get bumped, a reasonable person could assume it likely because they overbooked and/or a commodity/resource issue came up.  I don’t think they would overbook their schedule just to overbook it. That’s not smart. If there is any overbooking, it’s likely because a population of their scheduled vehicles may fall off or hang on due to a potential commodity or resource limitation that could arise. In business, that’s called planned contingency. 

Think about it… you plan a BBQ every week with friends and family. Saturday tradition. You get the headcount:  7 hot dogs, 9 burgers. You actually end up having to buy 10 hot dogs and 10 burgers (due to available packaging at the market). During the week you let folks know there will be plenty of food if they want to bring a friend. Well, it’s BBQ day and everyone bailed this week, but you cook 2 burgers and 2 hot dogs for your family of 4. So what’s your plan for next week… get a head count again, freeze the 8 dogs and 8 burgers until BBQ day again, and go to the store and buy that 5 pack of dogs and 5 pack of burgers. So now you have more inventory than you probably need for the next two BBQ Saturday’s.

What happens when you can’t plan like that and the market doesn’t have inventory to support a weekly BBQ Saturday? You get a head count and have to start letting people know that they might  be able to join the gathering this Saturday, but if not then the next one… and so on. 

I could be wrong and it’s a terrible analogy. But my understanding for any order that does get scheduled and then bumped is due to a number of variables. At anytime, a commodity issue within any build can come up the week before, or even the day of. Also remember: there are actual people at the plant who build these wonderful trucks, and (as a real life example) have to deal with the conflicting and ever changing COVID policies, which includes being sent home for symptoms, testing, etc. Compound that with the supply chain and the mess that’s currently in.

We reap what we sow. I’m going to sow some hope that any truck scheduled for 12/13 will get built that week, unless something unforeseen comes up. As customers, we are at the mercy of the information we receive as well as God’s perfect timing.

Happy waiting folks ?

Oh, I agree 100% that the reschedule is due to a ton of variables out of anyone's control and that I know for myself personally that a commodity restraint (5th wheel prep) is still most likely my hold up.  I'm certainly not faulting Ford for anything as they, like everyone else, have no control over the current global economy, product shortages, shipping delays, etc.  I have no problem with them giving employees a three week vacation either as the employees have had to deal with the ever-changing world of COVID just as much as everyone else.  No one is immune to constantly changing variables that even the best intentioned can't wrap their heads around with restrictions and guidelines changing almost daily.

The two things I find interesting from reading this thread though is that 1) everyone with a similar time line and multiple reschedules seems to all have been placed on the week of 12/13, and 2) that all of us placed on that week didn't receive the traditional reschedule email from Ford like we have for every other reschedule and found out through other means (dealer or Ford Marketing).  Just interesting to me that this last reschedule was off-script from all the ones previously.  Unfortunately it just doesn't inspire much confidence in this build week holding as I was scheduled-to-date and thought I was finally good to go with getting it build before this last round of reschedules. 

Fingers crossed we all get built the week of the 13th so at least the long delay throughout the holidays will be from shipping and not the uncertainty of wondering when the trucks will ever get built.  I'll feel much better once mine is built and I know it's on the way eventually, even if it takes a long while to actually arrive.  The suspense of knowing when it's going to finally hit the assembly line is what's stressful to me.  My old truck died on me Halloween weekend, so I'm more anxiously waiting now than I had been before haha.

3 hours ago, danielj said:

Even with the 3 week shut down. You are not even 2 months into your order with AS. I do not think the 3 weeks will hold you back one bit.  Ford is not going to go into deep detail as to why they are taking 3 weeks because it only gives people more ammo to be upset that their truck isn't done yet. Just think of it as maintenance and repairs and deep cleaning to the plant so you don't receive a truck included in a recall for incorrectly torqued leaf springs causing the u-bolts to break going 85mph on the freeway with your new camper attached and having a serious accident but telling everyone. "At least I got my truck 3 weeks earlier"

They are not holding back on building trucks. If the plant is down then it's lost profit. They will get to your truck by July I'm sure. ?

I really don't need the truck as its just another toy, so I'm not worried about when I get mine. It's just upsetting in the overall scheme of things to shut down for that time when there are plenty of trucks that can be built and shipped with parts that are available that keeps everything moving forward. Again, it's one thing when all the plants take the same break. Why is it just the highest profit and demand trucks getting shut down so long?