2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I'm sure the shutdowns have absolutely nothing to do with parts availability.  I mean, it makes perfect sense for Ford to just shutdown for 3 weeks when they have lots of trucks to build and ample supply of parts coming in.  ?

There are plenty of trucks that can be built. The customers that ordered all the bells and whistles that aren't available are waiting regardless. However three weeks of nothing being built only pushes the entire order back... wait for it... three weeks ?

18 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

There are plenty of trucks that can be built. The customers that ordered all the bells and whistles that aren't available are waiting regardless. However three weeks of nothing being built only pushes the entire order back... wait for it... three weeks ?

Could you share your inventory specifics please?  Basically, you're saying you know better than Ford about what trucks can be built efficiently in order to clear the backlog.  What does Ford have to win by stopping production for 3 weeks when they are able to produce trucks?  You're missing another important point...sure, maybe they can build trucks, but if they can only build on one shift or something, it's better just to stop the plant, do some work (likely for the '23 SD), clean some things up, and get it ready to roll full-time.

I don't think you really understand how this works.

30 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Could you share your inventory specifics please?  Basically, you're saying you know better than Ford about what trucks can be built efficiently in order to clear the backlog.  What does Ford have to win by stopping production for 3 weeks when they are able to produce trucks?  You're missing another important point...sure, maybe they can build trucks, but if they can only build on one shift or something, it's better just to stop the plant, do some work (likely for the '23 SD), clean some things up, and get it ready to roll full-time.

I don't think you really understand how this works.

So you're going to tell me, of over 200,000 trucks on order... they can only build a couple? Yes I know nothing about how this works. One day I hope to be as brilliant as you. 

2 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

So you're going to tell me, of over 200,000 trucks on order... they can only build a couple? Yes I know nothing about how this works. One day I hope to be as brilliant as you. 

I'm not telling you they can only build a couple at all (I never implied that).  I'm telling you that if Ford is shutting the plant down for 3 weeks, they've got a damn good reason. 

Think about this.  Say they only have enough parts coming in to build 1/3 of their capacity.  They know they are going to have to shut the plant down for some maintenance/retooling/whatever for 3 weeks.  Doesn't it make more sense to shut down when they are only at 1/3 (or even 1/2 or 2/3) capacity then when they are at full capacity in, say, June/July 2022?  If you can only build 1/2 capacity and you shut down for 3 weeks, 3 weeks after that, you are caught back up.  If you are running at full capacity and you shut down for 3 weeks, you can NEVER recover from that.  And seriously, right now, do you think Ford is going to shut down if they don't have to or it doesn't help them in the future?

Oh, and guess what...I've got a '22 on order as well, and I understand the dilemma.  I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Just think things through and give them the benefit of the doubt before you bitch about it.  And hey, not everyone can be as brilliant as me, but I give you kudos for aspiring to!  ?

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So as we know that the date on the very bottom of the window sticker changes as it progresses through the build process. The last date that was on mine was the day it was shipped. If the date on mine changed to today 12/02/21 does that mean it was checked in after getting off the train or is it at the dealership and they have to prep it before calling me.

Supply chain issues continue to plague all manufacturing.  Ford cares about it's employees, but they are not giving them time off because they think employees need a break.  Assembly lines run much smoother without interruption.  Ford has a duty to it's shareholders, and stopping production on their probably highest profit vehicle without good reason wouldn't make sense.

18 hours ago, danielj said:

As frustrated as I am with having to wait so long for my ford ordered 5/20 or something like that. It is the holidays and I work at a factory. Me and I'm sure you also would not hesitate to accept a 3 week vacation for the holidays. It looks more to me like they care more about their employees family time then you getting your truck sooner. The demand isn't going anywhere. And to keep quality work. You need happy employees not pissed off on a holiday at work building your truck making mistakes. 

So I think you need to be more patient for the holidays.

I have NO problem with giving employees time off for the Holidays. I think it will be great for the quality control for trucks built first of the year. What frustrates me is knowing that without a build date yet, I probably won't see my truck until March or later, which is not only at least seven months, but will be damn near a year old when I get it. Ford usually produces next model year in July. Hope they offer additional discounts for a year old truck, but I doubt it.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, CaptainKopper said:

Unfortunately what else would you go with? I think they make the best vehicles available and will stick it out, but doesn't mean I'm going to be entirely happy about it. I do think they care overall, however given the commodities limitations their hands are tied. I see a 3 week shut down as an insult to the customers though. Its one thing not to have the parts and not be able to produce a product... it's another to just give up. 

I also ordered af250 xlt in August and have no idea if or when I will see this truck. i also have been a ford man for over 25 years and have lost faith in FORD as my go to truck. Been Thinking of trying GM.

12 minutes ago, Old fat and Grumpy said:

I also ordered af250 xlt in August and have no idea if or when I will see this truck. i also have been a ford man for over 25 years and have lost faith in FORD as my go to truck. Been Thinking of trying GM.

I absolutely refuse to go to GM as a life long Ford guy, but Ram is being seriously considered right now! I had a 2017 Ram Big Horn 1/2 ton for a daily driver because they had some really cheap leases then. It was a nice truck. At the very least, Ford needs to step up to the plate and give us some rebates or something for the extended wait. Just don't believe they care about the customer anymore.

4 hours ago, JC2014 said:

So as we know that the date on the very bottom of the window sticker changes as it progresses through the build process. The last date that was on mine was the day it was shipped. If the date on mine changed to today 12/02/21 does that mean it was checked in after getting off the train or is it at the dealership and they have to prep it before calling me.

The date at the very bottom of the digital Window Sticker is the date that it was retrieved and has nothing to do with the vehicle status. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

1 hour ago, 1TonOFun said:

@JC2014 the date on my sticker changed when it arrived at the final rail yard, about the same time the truck was transferred from the rail company to the transport company, then again when it was delivered to the dealer.

The physical Window Sticker does NOT change once it's affixed to the vehicle. The date at the very bottom of the digital Window Sticker is the date that it was retrieved and has nothing to do with the vehicle status.

12 hours ago, aguyindallas said:

I’m going to be honest, the amount of F450 Plat being noted on this thread is pretty amazing. I’m over here (not complaining, yet) waiting on an F250 Plat. 

D966664A-7190-4BA3-B1AF-260EDA5EB292.jpeg

thats about my same build, except the color and the mat. im going insane with the complete lack of communication both from ford and the dealers and im only at 16 weeks!

12 minutes ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

Does anyone know about how long it has been taking between ordering and getting their truck?  Also, about how long it takes to get any correspondence from Ford regarding that they have received the order?  I ordered f250  lariat two weeks ago and have heard nothing.  

8 and a half months so far.  You're not going to get a meaningful answer with that question.  Check out the superduty order tracker here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet.html  

Your dealer didn't enter your email address.  You should get an email within hours of the order being placed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pizzaguy said:

I have NO problem with giving employees time off for the Holidays. I think it will be great for the quality control for trucks built first of the year. What frustrates me is knowing that without a build date yet, I probably won't see my truck until March or later, which is not only at least seven months, but will be damn near a year old when I get it. Ford usually produces next model year in July. Hope they offer additional discounts for a year old truck, but I doubt it.

I’m still waiting on my 2021 Mach e to be built. Nothing like taking delivery of a 2021 in 2022. Not to mention losing the 2021 tax credit.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The date at the very bottom of the digital Window Sticker is the date that it was retrieved and has nothing to do with the vehicle status. 

Retrieved by who. Every time I have pulled it up it never changed the only time that date changed was when something has happened.

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Mine seems to "update" every Wednesday(my build date was a Wednesday). Even after my truck has been shipped.

so far ive seen:
11/10 - Original and sent to plant date
11/17 - scheduled build date(truck was "built" on the 18th)
11/24 - ? Truck shipped on the 19th with an eta of December 14th
12/01 - ? Truck is still in transit

2 hours ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

Does anyone know about how long it has been taking between ordering and getting their truck?  Also, about how long it takes to get any correspondence from Ford regarding that they have received the order?  I ordered f250  lariat two weeks ago and have heard nothing.  

Im expecting my truck to delivered nearly 6 months to the day from ordering. the first 4 months were crickets. 

I never got an email from ford, but did confirm early on thanks to cyberdman in the vehicle tracking forum that my order was indeed in the system.

Edited by mattdm

12 minutes ago, mattdm said:

Im expecting my truck to delivered nearly 6 months to the day from ordering. the first 4.5 months were crickets.

That just seems like bad customer service. My daughter ordered a bronco a week before I ordered the SD, and she got an email about two days after she submitted the order with a build date. I’m hoping it doesn’t take 12 weeks to hear anything. 

14 minutes ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

That just seems like bad customer service. My daughter ordered a bronco a week before I ordered the SD, and she got an email about two days after she submitted the order with a build date. I’m hoping it doesn’t take 12 weeks to hear anything. 

Its nothing to do with customer service. My sales guy has never given me bad info and originally told me 6-8 months for delivery when I made the order. Its just the nature of the times right now with all the shipping and microchip issues.

As for emails i was told email could not be added to Canadian orders, and ive had several other people from different dealerships say the same.

There are a ton of variables though depending on what you ordered and your dealers allocations. If you check out that spreadsheet the order to delivery times range from 34 days to 239 days currently

Edited by mattdm

7 hours ago, Pizzaguy said:

A 2023 arriving to you in 2023 is a new truck arriving on time. It's a year old in 2024. If you want the newest just cancel and wait for the next batch of 2023's. Maybe you'll get that truck by January of 2023. Or September 2022.  Best of luck whatever you decide. It's your risk to reset your waiting period. 

I am already at 7 months and I'm not scheduled yet. I'm just as frustrated. But this year is not a usual year for any truck manufacturers. You won't know the issues you'll have buying from gm or dodge unless you order from them. At this point where some commodities will start to clear up. Will you really know what manufacturers did you wrong?