2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

9 hours ago, CodyH said:

I've been reading this thread for the last week or so. I ordered 2 F350 powerstroke's on 11-9-21. I ordered mine and my brothers because I'm the car guy of the 2 of us.  I know multiple guys get trucks delivered with 6-7 weeks of ordering. I made sure to not do bed liners or AS so nothing got slowed up. I haven't seen vin numbers yet. how quick is ford at communicating changes in status for you guys? My dealer pretty much promised me a 6-8 week turn around. I'm guessing I'm not going to see these trucks until late January at the earliest at this point with the 3 week shutdown.

Promising 6 to 8 weeks is laughable at best 

On 12/4/2021 at 4:52 AM, ikre8kos4u said:

Get with your salesman to pull the rail car number from the vehicle visibility screen (.ex “ABCD123456”) Call the automated CSX phone line 877-SHIPCSX option 2, then option 1, & option 3. Then Say “location”, will ask for car initial (all the letters in the car .ex “ABCD”) then will ask for car number (“123456”) Then you will state “done” and the current location will be stated.

Here is my rail tracking..  

* Departed - 26 November, Kentucky @ 19:06.

* Received - 28 November, E. St. Louis, IL @ 16:45.

* Arrived - 28 November, JCT PT. E. St. Louis, IL @ 19:45.

* Received - 29 November, Gateway yard, IL @ 13:43.

* Departed - 30 November, Independence, MO @ 1:08.

* Arrived - 30 November, Herrington, KS @ 11:15.

* Departed - 1 December, Newton, KS @ 18:12.
* Departed - 1 December, Whitewater, KS @ 19:30.

* Arrived - 2 December, Wichita, KS @ 00:39. * Arrived - 3 December, North Enid, OK @ 01:50.

* Departed - 3 December, North Enid, OK @ 16:11.

* Departed - 3 December, El Reno OK @ 20:25.

* Constructively Placed - 3 December, OKC @ 21:38. (Waiting for unload and final destination carrier)

I called my salesman yesterday and asked if he could get me the rail car number off of the VVR, when he called me back he said he couldn’t get the rail car number but he saw that my truck was in Kentucky on 11/30. They have been very unhelpful during this whole process! I read in another forum that the rail car initials and number is at the top of the window sticker after the 9 normal. Is that accurate? When I use that number the csx line says no information available on that car.

21 minutes ago, Fl utilities said:

I called my salesman yesterday and asked if he could get me the rail car number off of the VVR, when he called me back he said he couldn’t get the rail car number but he saw that my truck was in Kentucky on 11/30. They have been very unhelpful during this whole process! I read in another forum that the rail car initials and number is at the top of the window sticker after the 9 normal. Is that accurate? When I use that number the csx line says no information available on that car.

The default display in Vehicle Visibility is one line showing the current status only. If the rail car number isn't shown, the viewer has to select the "Full Table" option in order to see the rail car information. The rail car information shouldn't be on the Window Sticker as they're generated before the vehicle is produced.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The default display in Vehicle Visibility is one line showing the current status only. If the rail car number isn't shown, the viewer has to select the "Full Table" option in order to see the rail car information. The rail car information shouldn't be on the Window Sticker as they're generated before the vehicle is produced.  

Thanks for the info Ice!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mattyb2251 said:

@Rcpd34 can you tag them please? Or tell me where to go to get in touch? 

Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Requires a minimum of 15 posts to the BOF site. Strongly recommended that you read the rules as they're strictly enforced. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CodyH said:

I've been reading this thread for the last week or so. I ordered 2 F350 powerstroke's on 11-9-21. I ordered mine and my brothers because I'm the car guy of the 2 of us.  I know multiple guys get trucks delivered with 6-7 weeks of ordering. I made sure to not do bed liners or AS so nothing got slowed up. I haven't seen vin numbers yet. how quick is ford at communicating changes in status for you guys? My dealer pretty much promised me a 6-8 week turn around. I'm guessing I'm not going to see these trucks until late January at the earliest at this point with the 3 week shutdown.

It seems to be all over the place.  I ordered 2022 f350 lariot. No AS, no bed liner, no moonrise.  It pretty much has all the rest of the options.  The dealer told me 14 to 16 weeks.  I ordered on 10/22 and it is already on a train due to arrive on 12/18 which is almost 8 weeks for the whole process.  I will be out of state when it arrives so now I have to ensure it is there when I get back as the dealer has a big incentive to sell it with a markup to someone else lol. I really hope that doesn't become an issue.

For information  I called the sales manager to get the vin and 4 didgit order code in order to track the build.  

3 hours ago, Overthebars said:

I met a guy at my dealership that ordered a 250 at the end of October and he had his vin number 3 weeks later, with a build date of late December. 
im not sure if different builds are prioritized differently, but I e seen several comments on this forum in the same category as the above. 

Now what ?

So I go into ford.com to do a test build of my “dream truck” to see what the financial shock will be,

and now for a 2022 F-250 XL STX you can no longer ADD in carpeting ?

It was previously a $60 option add on.

You mean to tell me that NOW there is a Carpeting shortage ?

I think I’ll be waiting until late next year for hopefully all this shenanigans to

ease before I “build and order”.

28 minutes ago, Slimo said:

Now what ?

So I go into ford.com to do a test build of my “dream truck” to see what the financial shock will be,

and now for a 2022 F-250 XL STX you can no longer ADD in carpeting ?

It was previously a $60 option add on.

You mean to tell me that NOW there is a Carpeting shortage ?

I think I’ll be waiting until late next year for hopefully all this shenanigans to

ease before I “build and order”.

Available on XL with the STX Appearance Package (17S) per the 2022 Super Duty Pickup Order Guide. This is the same as it was for the 2021MY.  

• (16F) Floor Covering, color-coordinated full carpet with floor mats (requires STX Appearance Pkg. (17S))
Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

30 minutes ago, Slimo said:

Right, supposingly.

But when trying to build one on shop.ford.com, under “interior” options, it no longer

shows up to be selected. Gone.

Only the defaulted “Carpet Delete” is there and selected by default.

So have your Dealer build the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and send the copy with the specifications and pricing to you. 

Here it is for you to see!

WBDO Sample_STX with Carpet_Redacted.pdf

WBDO Sample_STX with Carpet_Redacted.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

8 hours ago, Overthebars said:

I've seen multiple trucks get delivered within 6 weeks of ordering. even a quick scan on this thread shows a ton of people waiting 8 months and some waiting for 2 months. Good buddy of mine had one delivered at the 7 week mark from the same dealer I ordered from and that was a fleet account.

4 hours ago, 22F450 said:

It seems to be all over the place.  I ordered 2022 f350 lariot. No AS, no bed liner, no moonrise.  It pretty much has all the rest of the options.  The dealer told me 14 to 16 weeks.  I ordered on 10/22 and it is already on a train due to arrive on 12/18 which is almost 8 weeks for the whole process.  I will be out of state when it arrives so now I have to ensure it is there when I get back as the dealer has a big incentive to sell it with a markup to someone else lol. I really hope that doesn't become an issue.

For information  I called the sales manager to get the vin and 4 didgit order code in order to track the build.  

I haven't seen or heard anything about the sunroofs holding up builds. Am I missing something here? congrats on your trucking getting done so fast too.

13 minutes ago, CodyH said:

I haven't seen or heard anything about the sunroofs holding up builds. Am I missing something here? congrats on your trucking getting done so fast too.

My daughter told me that sunroofs are a +1 month additional, but haven’t heard anything about it on this thread. 
maybe ice-capades has info on that

Yep, I’ll probably go with a Costco “order/pricing” when I’m good to go financially, and head to

their refered dealer then.

(A Ford PCO would be nice too, but not holding my breath)

This is probably the last new vehicle/truck I’ll be buying, but even with that, I’m still

“digesting” having to spend this kind of money.

“You only live once” though they say, and “Nobody promised you tomorrow” !

(What I keep telling my wife)

11 minutes ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

My daughter told me that sunroofs are a +1 month additional, but haven’t heard anything about it on this thread. 

well sugar. as much as I don't want to wait an extra month I do really love that twin panel. Thanks for the heads up. 

31 minutes ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

The Power Moonroof option has been a short-term commodity restraint on several vehicle lines recently, but I'll have to look at it further when I'm at a different computer regarding the Super Duty. 

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Power Moonroof option has been a short-term commodity restraint on several vehicle lines recently, but I'll have to look at it further when I'm at a different computer regarding the Super Duty. 

I know we couldn’t get one on our Bronco Sport.