2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, Jim K said:

First post to this forum. I ordered my new F 350 XLT with drw on October 16th. I have not heard anything since original email from Ford about receiving my order. Does anyone know if trucks with the drw are having issues with production? 
I was hoping to hear something by now about a VIN .

Thanks

I have been wonder the same thing. Ordered F350 DRW 8/31, confirmed 8/31 and nothing since then.

1 hour ago, 6.7zack said:

So I took @ice-capades advice and did some research on a different thread. Sorry for the redundant question. So what I found was cvop doesn't show up in the dealers system like normal allocations. So in other words it sounds like even though the dealer wasn't given an allocation this week in their system, ford can still schedule a cvop order. Im hoping i.made sense of this correctly but it sounds like my dealer doesn't understand the cvop order details.

I'd say you did very well with the research you did and understand better than most, perhaps including many Dealers! Congratulations!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GAP338 said:

I was under the impressions they are still limited by allocations with the COVP program. A dealer can still have orders outpace their allocations. 

Regular allocation still exists but verified retail COVP orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling which can only help. The incremental allocation can be a big help when a dealership has more retail orders than regular allocation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marinerjoe said:

That I didn’t know.  He was also surprised (not sure if he believed me) when I informed him that the dealership could request a priority 01 or 02 from the Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler. I hope he takes action when he gets to work tomorrow.

There are a lot of dealerships that don't know what resources are available to help "work" the system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

COVP orders receive incremental allocation, therefore it’s impossible to have a COVP order and not have allocation, but it may not show up that way in the system.

The allocation reports only show the regular allocation. The numbers may be adjusted after the COVP incremental allocation is granted and a COVP verified retail order is scheduled but I'd have to look into that. 

4 hours ago, Jim K said:

First post to this forum. I ordered my new F 350 XLT with drw on October 16th. I have not heard anything since original email from Ford about receiving my order. Does anyone know if trucks with the drw are having issues with production? 
I was hoping to hear something by now about a VIN .

Thanks

Super Duty DRW's always take longer. Not really an issue other than plant capacity, demand vs. supply. 

8 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

My thoughts exactly. I ordered the 3.31 locking also with the 6.7 on a Platinum CC SB.  My camper is a Cougar 26RBS which is well under 10,000 lbs also.  I hope we both didn’t make a mistake.

Joe

I get about 18 mpg on highway unloaded when speeds are 65 to 70mph...8 to 9 towing 16k pound 5er. I also put nitto 295 65 r20 tires on as the stock AT tires would spin in most applications off pavement. Other than that I am stock (no suspension) modifications.

• Like 1

Dealer said  my order has made it to the last rail yard waiting for transport to their facility.  Posted timeliness below in screenshot.

2022 F450 Lariat Crew Cab 4×4.......no AS/bedliner/or bed cover.  It does have the 5th wheel connection.  Once it arrives, I will post some pictures.

Screenshot_20211207-150111_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-151442_Chrome.jpg

Edited by 22F450
Added the time line
  • Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 6:56 PM, tweedr182 said:

I ordered my 22 F250 Lariat Powerstroke black appearance on 7/27.  On 9/16 scheduled for production week 10/25 then pushed back to 11/1 a few weeks later then 11/8 then 11/15 hadn’t heard anything since…now it’s supposed to be built this week received no email for an exact day…called my dealer this morning and now his computer shows it’s build week 12/13…anyone else heard of this it went from being pushed week to week then jumped a whole month with no email.

Update just heard from my dealer that they picked a “build date” of 12/15

13 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

My thoughts exactly. I ordered the 3.31 locking also with the 6.7 on a Platinum CC SB.  My camper is a Cougar 26RBS which is well under 10,000 lbs also.  I hope we both didn’t make a mistake.

Joe

What is very nice is that the new 10 speed with 3.31 gears has a 1st gear that is lower than the previous 6-speed with 3.73, and ALSO has a top gear that is higher than the 6-speed with 3.31.  So we can have our torque and mpg too!  Its like having the old 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73 all in one transmission.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

What is very nice is that the new 10 speed with 3.31 gears has a 1st gear that is lower than the previous 6-speed with 3.73, and ALSO has a top gear that is higher than the 6-speed with 3.31.  So we can have our torque and mpg too!  Its like having the old 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73 all in one transmission.

I had "traded in" a 2020 cc f250 dsl with the 3.31 locker. I averaged 21mpg with city and county driving. On the hwy doing 70mph I never got less than 23 and usually 25 mpg.. Love the 331 and towed 12k with absolutely no issues. I towed my buddies 15k trailer over the pass at 70 mph with him and he was pissed. His 2021 dodge 6.7 dsl with the 3.,73 rear end wont do over 58 mph with the that trailer over that same pass. 

Edited by OREGUNFIRE
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, JT42 said:

Checked on my order 26-Oct Platinum tremor/AS/liner/5th Wheel/moonroof  and the dealer using their system stated it was in unscheduled clean status now.

They stated it could be in production soon.  Question is what does unscheduled clean mean in terms of order progression?

Not sure if it’s previous status was unscheduled hold or whatever vernaculars ford uses, so nothing to base this on or if your unscheduled status can go back and forth. 

Looking for a glimpse of some sunshine here :)

Do a search for “Unscheduled Clean” there are many of the same accurate answers to your question. 

11 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

Can you link me to any reading material about that?  Kinda making me reconsider my 3.55 now.

11 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

I had "traded in" a 2020 cc f250 dsl with the 3.31 locker. I averaged 21mpg with city and county driving. On the hwy doing 70mph I never got less than 23 and usually 25 mpg.. Love the 331 and towed 12k with absolutely no issues. I towed my buddies 15k trailer over the pass at 70 mph with him and he was pissed. His 2021 dodge 6.7 dsl with the 3.,73 rear end wont do over 58 mph with the that trailer over that same pass. 

i currently have a 2017 with the 3.55, so that’s what I ordered for this go round. Maybe I made a mistake? My normal towing is one of two things:

1. Polaris Ranger on a trailer with an estimate of about 2k total. Commonly would have 500ish pounds of payload in the bed. 

2. Towing a Kubota on a two axle trailer, at approx 6500 total pounds. Would likely have 500ish pounds in the bed too. 

These towing scenarios are highway towing, the entire way. 

12 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

i currently have a 2017 with the 3.55, so that’s what I ordered for this go round. Maybe I made a mistake? My normal towing is one of two things:

1. Polaris Ranger on a trailer with an estimate of about 2k total. Commonly would have 500ish pounds of payload in the bed. 

2. Towing a Kubota on a two axle trailer, at approx 6500 total pounds. Would likely have 500ish pounds in the bed too. 

Which engine? Regardless, that load will be an easy pull for any 8 lug. Quite frankly, an F150 would probably handle this.

11 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

Which engine? Regardless, that load will be an easy pull for any 8 lug. Quite frankly, an F150 would probably handle this.

6.7 in both. Yea, an F150 would do it pretty easily. I just figure since I’m ordering with the new 10 speed, I should make the best choice up front. 

13 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

IMHO, you didn’t make a mistake. You will have absolutely no problem pulling your loads.

Could you have been fine with the 3.31? I’d say yes. Would you get slightly better fuel economy? Probably yes again.

However, there are many more folks out there that won’t look at all the numbers and won’t recognize that the final ratios are comparable or better than those with a 3.55 and a six speed.

Depending on where your truck is in the process, it’s up to you if you want to change it.

13 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

6.7 in both. Yea, an F150 would do it pretty easily. I just figure since I’m ordering with the new 10 speed, I should make the best choice up front. 

Agreed. I would probably opt for the three-quarter ton even if I didn’t need it. That being said, with all the current emissions issues I would  certainly strongly consider the 7.3. It is fun to drive and will handle everything you need it to without the added expense up front as well as expensive maintenance and other issues.