2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

12 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

Ordered 11/11 just saw a dude above order same date. Just doesn't make any sense. 

Never thought I would spend hours a day on the internet wondering where the hell my truck is.. 

Same. Lol. I have notifications for this thread and get a crap ton each day. My expectations to get it soon are non existent, but it doesn’t change my desire to get it as fast as possible. 

22 hours ago, Bob103 said:

I’m very frustrated. Ordered a 2022 F250 Platinum  7.3 on 9/27/21. I only received an order number from my dealer. As of last week, still no build date or VIN. Dealer said that Platinums and KRs were delayed. Dealer modified my order last week to a Lariat in hopes that my order will be pulled for production……still waiting. 

I ordered a Platty Tremor with everything but AS and fifth wheel hitch ( ordered 5th wheel prep) on 8/10 and still crickets. I'm frustrated too!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

Ordered 11/11 just saw a dude above order same date. Just doesn't make any sense. 

Never thought I would spend hours a day on the internet wondering where the hell my truck is.. 

I ordered in July.  I have seen a lot of F250’s just like mine got built and delivered ordered months after mine.  I am finally in Production and maybe built on Sunday.  But I won’t see it till end of January 2022.  

And to keep us all in the Dark, Ford took down it’s site where we could get better information so now we have to start bugging our dealerships.  And as stated many times before, Dealership for the most part are clueless.  I had a Fleet friend of mine contact their sister dealership to tell them how to do things for my wife’s new Ranger.  

Edited by Jim58

3 hours ago, Chino Tom said:

It appears mine went into production on 12/4.  The date on the bottom of the window sticker is 12/3.  The dealer looked it up for me on 12/4

and said a build date of 12/6.

Don’t mention that date as it has nothing to do with your build. This has been discussed in extreme detail earlier on in this thread@ice-capades covered this exact topic. It is internal to ford when ever that is info or something for internal tracking.  Again it has nothing to do with the progress or lack there of progress your truck gets in the production process.

1 hour ago, benpack61 said:

I'm obsessed with these forums just trying to get a solid answer on when or if I might get a VIN. 

I ordered on November 21. Called Ford marketing 2 weeks later and got my VIN. Asked them for any other information, but they had none. Called my dealer and had them look on the vehicle tracking site and they gave me my build date and possible delivery date. 
The dealer was surprised to hear I got a vin number so quick. 
reading on this forum, it depends a ton on dealer allocation, options and priority code. 

Ordered on 9/25  Received confirmation Email same day.  Haven't heard a peep since.

2022 Super Duty F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:

FX4

SRW

7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine

TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission

Atlas Blue

Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats

20” Chrome PVD Aluminum Wheels

Lariat Ultimate Package

4.30 Gear ratio 

Twin panel moon 

Clearance lights

5th wheel prep

Spray bed liner

Wheel well liners 

Screenshot_20210925-184554_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Keith'sF-250

2 hours ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

Ordered on 9/25  Received confirmation Email same day.  Haven't heard a peep since.

2022 Super Duty F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:

FX4

SRW

7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine

TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission

Atlas Blue

Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats

20” Chrome PVD Aluminum Wheels

Lariat Ultimate Package

4.30 Gear ratio 

Twin panel moon 

Clearance lights

5th wheel prep

Spray bed liner

Wheel well liners 

Screenshot_20210925-184554_Chrome.jpg

What is the standard rear end gear ratio for the 7.3 gas? I see you have the 4.30. I wounder what RPM that will be running at 70mph? I have an old 2002 gmc 2500 cc 4x4 with the 6.0 gas 4x4 with the 4.11 rear end and it runs about 2600 rpm at 65.. Hence the 12 mpg . Kills me, I guess thats why it only has 51k miles on it.. :)

Edited by OREGUNFIRE

1 hour ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

What is the standard rear end gear ratio for the 7.3 gas? I see you have the 4.30. I wounder what RPM that will be running at 70mph? I have an old 2002 gmc 2500 cc 4x4 with the 6.0 gas 4x4 with the 4.11 rear end and it runs about 2600 rpm at 65.. Hence the 12 mpg . Kills me, I guess thats why it only has 51k miles on it.. :)

I believe it's the 3.55 When you go with the FX4 it takes it to 4.30, when you do the build online. but do believe you can keep it at the 3.55  I debated between the two.  Wanted the most towing capability  eventually I would like to get a bigger 5th wheel.  Lucky for me , even with this truck going to be my every day vehicle, work is only 5 miles away from home, and at least I live in the flatlands of Ohio. Kind of used of sucky gas mileage my 2011 F-150 eco boost I had, only average 14mpg on a good day. But the bigger aggressive tires and rims probably didn't help. 

Screenshot_20210925-160757_Drive.jpg

Edited by Keith'sF-250
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

I called ford marketing the beginning of this week. No VIN assigned or build date... ordered on 9/25 Guess we will just have to wait some more.

Edit - Information no longer necessary.  Thanks!

Edited by marinerjoe
Deleting unneeded info.
  • Like 1