2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

11 minutes ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Is anyone having issues with the Ford Tracking site? I’m going on my second day of not being able to get past the submission screen. I had been listed as in production on Dec 2nd and my sticker date was updated from 12/2 to 12/10 on the 10th and that was the last day I could track.

Tracking has been down since Friday.  

27 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Well, yeah....if you complain about your new Porsche for anything it will get repossessed and you are off the list to ever buy another Porsche, ever! Germans can get downright medieval on you.

No, the point here is:

1. Porsche communicated with the dealers (with a plan)

2. They still shipped the vehicles. 
3. Clients would rather have their vehicles, temporarily missing a feature, than not at all. 

As an example, it seems quite odd to

hold up a vehicle for somebody that added 5th wheel prep or a bed cover. Build and ship the truck and issue a campaign on that vin for the dealer to be able to remedy, post delivery. 

13 hours ago, Fireguy said:

Apparently they didn't follow their own guidelines.   Saw the dealer tracker showing moved off site 11/26

waiting for chip.

My Lariat sat in production from almost 3 weeks back in Oct. I think it was the bedliner that held it up though. My father in laws went into production the day before mine (no bed liner) was in and out in a day.

14 hours ago, critter said:

Tried to find info but cannot

i have a fleet order that’s A3. Supposedly being built next month. With no VIN yet.  Ordered May.  My dealer, whom I trust. But he says Ford is not giving him the confidence this last year to be able to assure anything…. The dealer says that by December 22, 2021. If my fleet order doesn’t have a VIN assigned , then it won’t be hilt anytime in January period and will be rescheduled     Which I get. 

but if it DOES get a VIN assignees by that date it’s supposed to get built a3 then.  Correct.  ? My problem is I have a truck that’s come up I could buy and just stop waiting but it is t exactly what I want.  Close but. If I just have to wait a little more that’s ok. But this not knowing …. Is maddening 

Fleet orders are not intended for retail customers. 

Fleet scheduling and production is under the same pressures as meeting retail order demand this year due to the microchip shortages, commodity restraints, supplier issues, plant downtime, etc. Without a VIN number the order is not scheduled for production. Priority code A3 is "Desired Production Week" of the 3rd week of January 2022 but is still dependent on the factors affecting affecting order scheduling, retail and fleet, and could be pushed back.  

6 hours ago, danielj said:

Does this follow through if we don't get built when they roll over to 2023 model? Or do we just get canceled and have to reorder at the new price?

It's up to Ford whether they offer to convert any unscheduled 2022MY retail orders that can't be built to 2023MY orders. It's also up to Ford as to whether there would be any price concession or incentive. It's still too early to know until Ford releases the 2022MY/2023MY Super Duty changeover schedule and provides information on unscheduled 2022MY retail orders. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

No, the point here is:

3. Clients would rather have their vehicles, temporarily missing a feature, than not at all. 

hold up a vehicle for somebody that added 5th wheel prep or a bed cover. Build and ship the truck and issue a campaign on that vin for the dealer to be able to remedy, post delivery. 

Ford originally planned to do just that - ship vehicles to dealers and ship parts later.  But with all due respect Ford is dealing with much larger volumes than Porsche and probably less capable dealerships.  It also depends on the missing module - some are easier to live without than others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

It's up to Ford whether they offer to convert any unscheduled 2022MY retail orders that can't be built to 2023MY orders. It's also up to Ford as to whether there would be any price concession or incentive. It's still too early to know until Ford releases the 2022MY/2023MY Super Duty changeover schedule and provides information on unscheduled 2022MY retail orders. 

So maybe I will get my 2022 Limited with 2023 semi-conductors, chips and radio? 

That would be special. ?

2 hours ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Is anyone having issues with the Ford Tracking site? I’m going on my second day of not being able to get past the submission screen. I had been listed as in production on Dec 2nd and my sticker date was updated from 12/2 to 12/10 on the 10th and that was the last day I could track.

I’m having the same problem.

Edited by ampmal

2 hours ago, aguyindallas said:

No, the point here is:

No...the point is I was joking....

On 12/10/2021 at 3:45 PM, sjmcken81 said:

Quick question: has anybody gotten an email from Ford yesterday or today that they’ve finally got picked up for scheduling?

Thanks 

Nope

2 hours ago, TinManVT said:

So maybe I will get my 2022 Limited with 2023 semi-conductors, chips and radio? 

That would be special. ?

Does anyone know if those of us who ordered trucks in August and September would really not get a build and have to re-order a 2023. 

4 hours ago, aguyindallas said:

No, the point here is:

Personally, I prefer to pick up my truck when completely built.

I'm purchasing a F-450 for towing a 16.5K 5th wheel, so the 5th wheel prep is required for my Reese hitch. No way I am installing temporary bed rails, so without the 5th wheel prep, it is just a large daily driver.

I have seen a lot of talk about folks that ordered MY22 and worried if their truck will turn into a MY23. Is this not a bit pre-mature talk sine the MY23 won’t open for ordering until around March/April. Then production won’t start until about June/July. This is all provided the timeframe stays the same as it was for MY22 orders and production. If one has a MY22 vehicle in the que, I am sure that the MY change over wouldn’t happen until summer of 2023. Seems to be a lot of worrying for nothing since I haven’t seen anyone scheduled beyond January at this point.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

I have seen a lot of talk about folks that ordered MY22 and worried if their truck will turn into a MY23. Is this not a bit pre-mature talk sine the MY23 won’t open for ordering until around March/April. Then production won’t start until about June/July. This is all provided the timeframe stays the same as it was for MY22 orders and production. If one has a MY22 vehicle in the que, I am sure that the MY change over wouldn’t happen until summer of 2023. Seems to be a lot of worrying for nothing since I haven’t seen anyone scheduled beyond January at this point.

Definitely premature until Ford releases the 2022/2023MY changeover timetable and how they'll address any possible unscheduled 2022MY retail orders.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fl utilities said:

Pretty sure that’s my truck! This is agonizing! Drove by the rail yard this morning where it’s been not even 20 minutes from the dealership for a week now. Oh well at least it’s here. 

F19D65AF-B79F-40EF-9624-775613B0CE4E.jpeg

? that is gut wrenching.  Mine is also at the train yard awaiting last leg to the dealer.  

• Like 1

Placed my order with the local dealer on 08/23 - Antimatter Blue w/Baja interior.  Lariat trim (ultimate package), 6.7 diesel, crew cab, long bed.

8/25 received confirmation email 

9/16 received scheduled for production email with VIN included - scheduled for week of 10/25

10/04 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/01

10/26 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/08

10/31 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/15

11/22 - no emails or updates on tracking application.  Dealership checked and said re-scheduled for week of 12/6

12/07 - received production re-schedule for week of 12/13 

Fingers crossed for this week but given the history so far, losing optimism!

Edited by PKL131
Omission of info

58 minutes ago, PKL131 said:

Placed my order with the local dealer on 08/23 - Antimatter Blue w/Baja interior.  Lariat trim (ultimate package), 6.7 diesel, crew cab, long bed.

8/25 received confirmation email 

9/16 received scheduled for production email with VIN included - scheduled for week of 10/25

10/04 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/01

10/26 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/08

10/31 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/15

11/22 - no emails or updates on tracking application.  Dealership checked and said re-scheduled for week of 12/6

12/07 - received production re-schedule for week of 12/13 

Fingers crossed for this week but given the history so far, losing optimism!

Wow that is almost my schedule to a tee except I ordered 7/27…last week my dealer checked and it has a build date of 12/15 and my window sticker was available on Thursday hopefully we both make it

44 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

Wow that is almost my schedule to a tee except I ordered 7/27…last week my dealer checked and it has a build date of 12/15 and my window sticker was available on Thursday hopefully we both make it

I hope so too but I guess given everything going on, a 5 -6 month wait isn’t that bad.  Try ordering a new Corvette from a small dealer and you might be too old to get in and out of it before it shows up. Took me 23 months after initial deposit to even get an allocation.  Still don’t have a build date and now with the tornado that hit Bowling Green, who knows.  Hard to get upset over it though the given the loss of life, homes, and destruction they are dealing with.  Car just isn’t that important. 

• Like 1