2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

14 minutes ago, crashman-405 said:

I finally got my four digit order code and priority status from my dealership. I ordered the truck on September 4th and it still has a priority code of 19. My question to you guys is, should I even try and get the priority code lowered or just let it ride?

Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code "19" requiring Dealers to manually change it to a lower number (10-18) if appropriate and depending on how many other retail Super Duty orders they have in their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Unfortunately, many Dealers pay little attention or time to managing their USOB. 

12 minutes ago, CBears said:

It looks like another Thursday has passed me by.  I swear, with God as my witness, I will never again order a truck from Ford during a world-wide pandemic.  ?

I feel ya buddy.  I wake up hopeful every Thursday morning that I will have that magical email from Ford Motor Company saying I’ve been scheduled only to have that hope crushed when I open my inbox.  ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code "19" requiring Dealers to manually change it to a lower number (10-18) if appropriate and depending on how many other retail Super Duty orders they have in their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Unfortunately, many Dealers pay little attention or time to managing their USOB. 

Well I’m only 3 1/2 months in so I’m going to give it another month or so before I discuss this with the dealership I guess. I see many others that have been waiting a lot longer than me. 

26 minutes ago, crashman-405 said:

I finally got my four digit order code and priority status from my dealership. I ordered the truck on September 4th and it still has a priority code of 19. My question to you guys is, should I even try and get the priority code lowered or just let it ride?

My priority code was 19. I ordered in on October 30th. It's built and been shipped with a ETA NLT 27 December.

3 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

To those who were notified by Ford that their SD was scheduled on a Thursday, do any of you remember if it was morning or afternoon?

I’m wondering if I’ll be getting an early Christmas present (Christmas miracle) that mine has been scheduled.

Many of us were scheduled on a Tuesday last month. So with the holidays maybe they might do it at different times and dates but my email came 4:28pm ET on a Tuesday 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Many of us were scheduled on a Tuesday last month. So with the holidays maybe they might do it at different times and dates but my email came 4:28pm ET on a Tuesday 

Scheduling is always done on Thursdays and when holidays such as Thanksgiving fall on Thursdays there is no scheduling that week. The only exceptions are verified COVP orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling that can be scheduled at any time. In rare cases, a high-level executive in Dearborn can circumvent the system and order a vehicle scheduled immediately. When Mark Fields was the Ford CEO, Ford referred a friend of his to our dealership to order a vehicle for him. As instructed, we contacted Ford when the order was submitted and it was scheduled an hour later!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crashman-405 said:

Well I’m only 3 1/2 months in so I’m going to give it another month or so before I discuss this with the dealership I guess. I see many others that have been waiting a lot longer than me. 

Dealerships that have multiple or all retail orders sitting in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the default "19" priority code don't do any favors for their customers or their customers satisfaction. Multiple orders with the same priority code tells the scheduling system that the dealership doesn't care what orders are scheduled as it treats them all the same. The system will follow the path of least resistance and schedule the order that meets the applicable commodity restraints the easiest, regardless of the original order date. 

You have nothing to lose by contacting your Dealer to discuss your priority code and asking about the other unscheduled retail orders they have in their USOB. Not doing so could add months to your wait time while other retail orders get scheduled. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Dealerships that have multiple or all retail orders sitting in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the default "19" priority code don't do any favors for their customers or their customers satisfaction. Multiple orders with the same priority code tells the scheduling system that the dealership doesn't care what orders are scheduled as it treats them all the same. The system will follow the path of least resistance and schedule the order that meets the applicable commodity restraints the easiest, regardless of the original order date. 

You have nothing to lose by contacting your Dealer to discuss your priority code and asking about the other unscheduled retail orders they have in their USOB. Not doing so could add months to your wait time while other retail orders get scheduled. 

Dealer number 1 ignored my request to raise the priority from 19.  It’s been in order since 6/24.

Dealer number 2 said he would not raise the priority from 19 since I placed the order on 11/20 and said there were 19 other trucks ahead of mine. 
still nothing on either order except it’s been submitted and clean. 

Edited by 1972Mach1

24 minutes ago, Jp_norris said:

I got moved to a 10 last month... I’m a technician at the dealership that I ordered from so they showed me I’m the only 10 in a sea of 19’s and a handful of 2’s. 

Good... at least it seems that your dealership is treating you well and giving your order priority. 

• Like 1

I dropped 5th wheel prep off my KR, and got a build date the following Thursday. Guess I’ll drill and mount it my self. Dealer was confident if I dropped it, my order would get picked up. If you’re not hard up for the bed plugs and can mount the bracket, along with ditching Berliner and AS y’all might get a build date.

2 hours ago, Marshmallow said:

I dropped 5th wheel prep off my KR, and got a build date the following Thursday. Guess I’ll drill and mount it my self. Dealer was confident if I dropped it, my order would get picked up. If you’re not hard up for the bed plugs and can mount the bracket, along with ditching Berliner and AS y’all might get a build date.

I ordered a CCSB Platinum 7.3 on 8/4. Options include mud flaps, AS, 20" wheels and 5th wheel prep.

I have a build date of 12/20.

It arrived at the dealer on 12/15, was notified today.  They are doing the PDI so hopefully I get to pick up "Bertha" soon.

Ordered 8/3
Confirmed 8/4
VIN 10/30
Built 12/2
Arrived at dealer 12/15

F-450 King Ranch, Antimatter Blue, 5th wheel prep, Adaptive Steering, Adaptive cruise with collision warning, upfitter switches and just about every other option except: no moonroof, no spray in liner, no bed cover.  Still no on-line sticker though ?‍♂️

PXL_20211216_201006321.MP.jpg

Edited by GynormousMellon
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

It arrived at the dealer on 12/15, was notified today.  They are doing the PDI so hopefully I get to pick up "Bertha" soon.

Ordered 8/3
Confirmed 8/4
VIN 10/30
Built 12/2
Arrived at dealer 12/15

F-450 King Ranch, Antimatter Blue, 5th wheel prep, Adaptive Steering, Adaptive cruise with collision warning, upfitter switches and just about every other option except: no moonroof, no spray in liner, no bed cover.  Still no on-line sticker though ?‍♂️

PXL_20211216_201006321.MP.jpg

Beautiful truck…congrats!!!

• Like 1