2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Dealerships that have multiple or all retail orders sitting in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the default "19" priority code don't do any favors for their customers or their customers satisfaction. Multiple orders with the same priority code tells the scheduling system that the dealership doesn't care what orders are scheduled as it treats them all the same. The system will follow the path of least resistance and schedule the order that meets the applicable commodity restraints the easiest, regardless of the original order date. 

You have nothing to lose by contacting your Dealer to discuss your priority code and asking about the other unscheduled retail orders they have in their USOB. Not doing so could add months to your wait time while other retail orders get scheduled. 

@ice-capades

If the dealer put me at a 10 as well as everyone else if that is even possible, I take it is no different than being at a 19?

13 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

My truck got built yesterday obviously still marked in production…question is does anyone have any experience with how long the accessories take across the street…mine has spray in liner 5 th wheel prep and hood deflector that I believe they do at GFX

If the site says still in production, how do you know it was built yesterday?

13 hours ago, Dakkat720 said:

I had the FordPass app on my phone... just for fun I tried to add the VIN I got last week, my truck went into production a few days ago, and it found the truck... kinda technologically spooky...

Screenshot_20211216-083231_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20211216-083248_FordPass.jpg

After you put in your vin number in the ford Pass app a code appears on your screen in the truck and you have to enter it in on your phone for it to work.

19 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Scheduling is always done on Thursdays and when holidays such as Thanksgiving fall on Thursdays there is no scheduling that week. The only exceptions are verified COVP orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling that can be scheduled at any time. In rare cases, a high-level executive in Dearborn can circumvent the system and order a vehicle scheduled immediately. When Mark Fields was the Ford CEO, Ford referred a friend of his to our dealership to order a vehicle for him. As instructed, we contacted Ford when the order was submitted and it was scheduled an hour later!  

So it’s always done on Thursday’s. Except when it isn’t? Seems like all of these orders are some form of priority. But since they just punted my order last night from Jan 17 to Jan 31 with no explanation I might argue that Ford scheduled on that Tuesday to placate the priority 02 people and were never going to build it on that date anyway. This whole process is awful at this point. 

21 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

So it’s always done on Thursday’s. Except when it isn’t? Seems like all of these orders are some form of priority. But since they just punted my order last night from Jan 17 to Jan 31 with no explanation I might argue that Ford scheduled on that Tuesday to placate the priority 02 people and were never going to build it on that date anyway. This whole process is awful at this point. 

Regular scheduling is done on Thursday mornings. COVP verified orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. 

Edited by ice-capades
typo

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Regular scheduling is done on Thursday mornings. COVP verified orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. 

Interesting.  COVP verified orders should be basically everyone on here who has a dealership that knows what they're doing.  Minus a handful who have fleet status.

40 minutes ago, awmolq said:

My truck was built on Monday, sent off site to get spray in bed liner. Anyone know how long that will take and to ship? Wondering if my truck will get out before the holiday shut down

Approximately a week for off-site installations before being sent back to the plant and released for shipping if there are no holds. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, TinManVT said:

Prior to the tracking web site issues of last week, I was able to view my sticker.

When I look today it's not there and I get the - "Please check back later - The window sticker has not been released for this vehicle."

Is this just part of cleaning up the web site to full working order, or did they take it back.

I am still showing a on hold for Chip

Thanks

So this must be something with the tracking website and the "get Window Sticker' interaction as I get the 404 error. 

If I go to a google found site like research maniacs it comes up just fine- 

2022 F250 Window Sticker.pdf

12 minutes ago, awmolq said:

Thank you! Do you know when they are done shipping for the shut down?

Both Super Duty plants will be down the weeks of 12/27, 1/3 & 1/10. Normally any vehicles at the plants, when the operations shut down, sit until the plant reopens. Vehicles already loaded onto rail cars should move. Whether or not Ford will have crews to handle shipping for released vehicles during the downtime this year is anyone's guess. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Both Super Duty plants will be down the weeks of 12/27, 1/3 & 1/10. Normally any vehicles at the plants, when the operations shut down, sit until the plant reopens. Vehicles already loaded onto rail cars should move. Whether or not Ford will have crews to handle shipping for released vehicles during the downtime this year is anyone's guess. 

Okay, so I still have next week to hope it will ship out lol. I appreciate the information, thank you very much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Does this also mean no scheduling will be done during these weeks?

15 hours ago, KidNick said:

Nice….. 32 days and counting till my build date

Spoke to soon just got the dreaded production delay email. Pushed out a week.  Glad I held on to my 250 until the replacement arrives with all the delays that are going on. Makes it a little less stressful ( not really )waiting updates.      

Well, strange happenings on my end.  The "AsBuilt" site has populated the BCE module, but not the PCM.  Ford tracking site says "In Production" as of 12/15/21, but not "built."  It also has a delivery ETA of 1/5/22.  Tracking on this site shows "In Production - Produced" as of 12/15/21.  No emails from Ford.  Am I in the dreaded "chip hold" or what?  So close, yet so far away...  

Here's the VVR my dealer pulled around noon today. A couple of questions:

Secondary Status shows "Sent Offsite", but the ETA Disposition shows "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold".  Is the vehicle at GFX or back at the plant?

All other VVRs I've seen have multiple lines but this image has only one.  Is this just a function of the way the dealer extracted the report?

TIA

983029428_ScreenShot2021-12-17at2_46_07PM.thumb.png.836ff2bd6be292c4d698e8d15dc5e215.png

21 hours ago, GynormousMellon said:

It arrived at the dealer on 12/15, was notified today.  They are doing the PDI so hopefully I get to pick up "Bertha" soon.

Ordered 8/3
Confirmed 8/4
VIN 10/30
Built 12/2
Arrived at dealer 12/15

F-450 King Ranch, Antimatter Blue, 5th wheel prep, Adaptive Steering, Adaptive cruise with collision warning, upfitter switches and just about every other option except: no moonroof, no spray in liner, no bed cover.  Still no on-line sticker though ?‍♂️

PXL_20211216_201006321.MP.jpg

Enjoy that nice looking truck, almost ideentical to mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catastrofe said:

Here's the VVR my dealer pulled around noon today. A couple of questions:

Secondary Status shows "Sent Offsite", but the ETA Disposition shows "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold".  Is the vehicle at GFX or back at the plant?

All other VVRs I've seen have multiple lines but this image has only one.  Is this just a function of the way the dealer extracted the report?

TIA

983029428_ScreenShot2021-12-17at2_46_07PM.thumb.png.836ff2bd6be292c4d698e8d15dc5e215.png

Following:  I've received this "Sent Offsite" on mine yesterday - My ETA, however, is listed as 01/04/22.   ---  Here's to hoping the "Sent Offsite" is the GFX move!