2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Approximately a week for off-site installations before being sent back to the plant and released for shipping if there are no holds. 

So - once it makes it thru the "Offsite" it goes BACK to plant?  ---  ETA is 01/04/22 - with the early shutdown, is it "possible" it won't make it out of there until late January now??   Thanx in advance.  

28 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

So I heard yesterday there is a 27 week hold up on the 5th wheel prep? Anyone else heard that?

Ive been pretty committed to my build and willing to ride out most delays. For me, the 5th wheel prep and goose neck hitch are absolute “want”, not “need” items, so if anybody can confirm this, I’m going to delete it from my build. 

27 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

So I heard yesterday there is a 27 week hold up on the 5th wheel prep? Anyone else heard that?

The 5th Wheel Prep Package is a longstanding, regular commodity restraint based on plant capacity and supply. The 27 weeks you mentioned falls into the average (28-30 week) OTD (Order to Delivery) time for fleet orders. There is no specific timeframe for availability of the 5th Wheel Prep Package. Based on experience, it's not uncommon for the option to delay retail order scheduling by several months but not six months. I'd love to see written notice of this 27 week hold. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

Ive been pretty committed to my build and willing to ride out most delays. For me, the 5th wheel prep and goose neck hitch are absolute “want”, not “need” items, so if anybody can confirm this, I’m going to delete it from my build. 

I went on ford.com last night to build an F250 and the fifth wheel prep was an option to add, however there is no option to add the 5th wheel hitch itself.  You can add the gooseneck parts though. So if you need your truck there are plenty of good aftermarket options out there that are probably readily available that I would just order a B&W kit and cancel it on the build.

16 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

I went on ford.com last night to build an F250 and the fifth wheel prep was an option to add, however there is no option to add the 5th wheel hitch itself.  You can add the gooseneck parts though. So if you need your truck there are plenty of good aftermarket options out there that are probably readily available that I would just order a B&W kit and cancel it on the build.

It's there. 

5th Wheel Hitch Kit_Ford.com.jpg

15 hours ago, KSQPA said:

Mine was produced on 11/24 and sent offsite on a chip hold on 11/28.  Tracker still shows an ETA to the dealer of 12/13 which obviously didn't happen.

I got the same thing...

Is it pure coincidence that my sales guy is named Chip? Why would he put my truck on hold??? 

image.thumb.png.2514f394d8ee91c12687e12b786b8b45.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TinManVT said:

I got the same thing...

Is it pure coincidence that my sales guy is named Chip? Why would he put my truck on hold??? 

image.thumb.png.2514f394d8ee91c12687e12b786b8b45.png

Still in chip purgatory today it seems but an activation link appeared this morning on my FordPass app.  

30 minutes ago, KSQPA said:

Still in chip purgatory today it seems but an activation link appeared this morning on my FordPass app.  

Could that mean your truck was finally completed???

Can only hope you see a built email in the near future...

Just checked and my Ford pass shows activation screen today  too!

Built 11/24 and on Hold for chip.

Edited by Fireguy
new information

2 hours ago, Fireguy said:

Unknown but hoping for a built email for sure!  Mine is a 250 Plat with adaptive steering. Order was confirmed in September.

1 hour ago, tweedr182 said:

Anyone have a truck built recently that’s actually shipped? Mine was supposed to be built on 12/15 just trying to figure what to expect… it’s a F250 Powerstroke lariat black appearance with spray in liner 5th wheel prep and hood deflector

Did you get your Truck is Built email or does tracker say built.  If your build day was the 15th then probably not going to be finished until Wednesday or Thursday.  Truck leaves KTP and goes across the road to GFX for your spray in, 5th wheel and hood deflector which on average takes a week. Mine was built on 12th and still at GFX.  

29 minutes ago, Jim58 said:

Did you get your Truck is Built email or does tracker say built.  If your build day was the 15th then probably not going to be finished until Wednesday or Thursday.  Truck leaves KTP and goes across the road to GFX for your spray in, 5th wheel and hood deflector which on average takes a week. Mine was built on 12th and still at GFX.  

Mine was scheduled December 14 (WS 12/7).  Let me know when your goes to shipping please. I also have spray in liner, tonneau, 5th wheel prep and some other stuff.  I haven’t heard anything on my build.  Asked the dealer for a VVR update yesterday but haven’t gotten it yet.  

Edited by cjrazus1

1 hour ago, tweedr182 said:

Anyone have a truck built recently that’s actually shipped? Mine was supposed to be built on 12/15 just trying to figure what to expect… it’s a F250 Powerstroke lariat black appearance with spray in liner 5th wheel prep and hood deflector

250 Plat 7.3 Tremor came off the line 12/8 and went off site (for what I do not know) till final "build' notice on 12/14.  On CSX rail car 12/16 around noon at O'Bannon yard (KTP factory I presume).  Been at Louisville yard since around midnight 12/16.

4 hours ago, Fireguy said:

Same here...build date 11/26 with chip hold, but FordPass activation button went live yesterday.  Still not showing as built however...

Had a scheduled for production email for week of 1/17/22 and got scheduled build to day 1/20/22 info from the cyberdman.  I however got an email yesterday saying my production info has changed to week of 1/24/22.  Is it safe to assume it does not have a schedule to day anymore and bumped due to plant shutdown or commodity issues?  It’s a Platinum with AS, Bedliner and bugshield with a priority 02.