2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, Fireguy said:

Could that mean your truck was finally completed???

Can only hope you see a built email in the near future...

Just checked and my Ford pass shows activation screen today  too!

Built 11/24 and on Hold for chip.

Mine was also built on 11/24 then on hold for Chip

I have an activation link in FordPass and it tells me that "your almost set - start the vehicle and accept the activation confirmation ..." 

Shortly after I  get a "Sorry there was an error....try again later"

9 hours ago, aguyindallas said:

Ive been pretty committed to my build and willing to ride out most delays. For me, the 5th wheel prep and goose neck hitch are absolute “want”, not “need” items, so if anybody can confirm this, I’m going to delete it from my build. 

To get the past the 5th wheel prep and bedliner commodity shortages, I talked to the accessories manager at my dealership about him providing those items after the truck is delivered.  I deleted them from my order, my truck scheduled for build 4 days later, and the dealership will install a B&W gooseneck hitch and Rhino Line the bed when it is delivered.  According the accessories manager, RhinoLiner is 4x thicker than the factory spray-in.  I don't know...just what he said.  Yes this will cost a few hundred dollars more than factory installed, but well worth it to get the truck built sooner than who-knows-when later.

1 hour ago, TinManVT said:

Mine was also built on 11/24 then on hold for Chip

I have an activation link in FordPass and it tells me that "your almost set - start the vehicle and accept the activation confirmation ..." 

Shortly after I  get a "Sorry there was an error....try again later"

I just got an email that said it's built

Must be the chip stuff is moving forward...

image.thumb.png.dd26320f2051a8bd8d74cc9bc3922756.png

8 hours ago, 6.7zack said:

So I saw the scheduling notes for the super duty for 1/03 does anyone know what they mean by cleanup scheduling? Thank you.

7 hours ago, ArtieT said:

I was wondering the same thing??‍♂️

Cleanup Scheduling is the attempt to schedule a dealership's unscheduled allocation due to commodity issues or other factors.

(Copy and pasted from ice-capades older posts)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jmac5058 said:

Still no word from dealership with delivery dates of 12-13 thru 12-19 but got an email from Sirrus XM stating theirt starting my free subscription . Hoping that means something 

I would think you'd have to activate it in the vehicle before the trial starts. Did you sign up using just your vin?

12 minutes ago, Dakkat720 said:

I would think you'd have to activate it in the vehicle before the trial starts. Did you sign up using just your vin?

I guess they knew my Vin and gave me the date it will expire and the option to extend my "free" trial a fue more months with a credit card # .

Well the tracker still has a delivery date of 12/16 - I received the shipped email over 4 weeks ago... Dealer thinks it still hasnt made a rail car in Kentucky... Really getting beat down by this process. The dealer keeps getting truck deliveries daily on trucks built after mine. No chip hold, just no explanation on why it still sits. Has calling corporate helped anyone?

Edit: To clarify - I do not want to complain - I just want to see if there is anything that can be done to get the truck by the end of the year.

Edited by JimL243

6 hours ago, Jim58 said:

Did you get your Truck is Built email or does tracker say built.  If your build day was the 15th then probably not going to be finished until Wednesday or Thursday.  Truck leaves KTP and goes across the road to GFX for your spray in, 5th wheel and hood deflector which on average takes a week. Mine was built on 12th and still at GFX.  

It still says in production since the 13th, my dealer said there is no new information.

12 hours ago, 6.7zack said:

So I saw the scheduling notes for the super duty for 1/03 does anyone know what they mean by cleanup scheduling? Thank you.

Cleanup scheduling is simply the process of continuing the scheduling process to fill unscheduled allocation for orders meeting commodity restraints, etc. 

Edited by ice-capades

8 hours ago, tweedr182 said:

Anyone have a truck built recently that’s actually shipped? Mine was supposed to be built on 12/15 just trying to figure what to expect… it’s a F250 Powerstroke lariat black appearance with spray in liner 5th wheel prep and hood deflector

Talk to your Dealer! The Vehicle Visibility report will show the latest status update. It's possible the vehicle has now been sent off-site for installation of the additional options. 

6 hours ago, FathomBlueSS said:

Had a scheduled for production email for week of 1/17/22 and got scheduled build to day 1/20/22 info from the cyberdman.  I however got an email yesterday saying my production info has changed to week of 1/24/22.  Is it safe to assume it does not have a schedule to day anymore and bumped due to plant shutdown or commodity issues?  It’s a Platinum with AS, Bedliner and bugshield with a priority 02.

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that shows the latest scheduling status updates. Make them do their job and provide the information you require while cyberdman is enjoying his time off for the holidays.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom3 said:

To get the past the 5th wheel prep and bedliner commodity shortages, I talked to the accessories manager at my dealership about him providing those items after the truck is delivered.  I deleted them from my order, my truck scheduled for build 4 days later, and the dealership will install a B&W gooseneck hitch and Rhino Line the bed when it is delivered.  According the accessories manager, RhinoLiner is 4x thicker than the factory spray-in.  I don't know...just what he said.  Yes this will cost a few hundred dollars more than factory installed, but well worth it to get the truck built sooner than who-knows-when later.

You deleted the 5th Wheel Prep option from your order and having the Dealer install it or just the Gooseneck? Installing the 5th Wheel Prep is a time consuming, involved installation to do afterwards which I would never recommend and will likely not match the factory installation quality. And the cost over the parts department counter is usually 3x the factory option cost.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You deleted the 5th Wheel Prep option from your order and having the Dealer install it or just the Gooseneck? Installing the 5th Wheel Prep is a time consuming, involved installation to do afterwards which I would never recommend and will likely not match the factory installation quality. And the cost over the parts department counter is usually 3x the factory option cost.  

I had the B&W hitch installed in a 2006 F350 that I bought used many years ago. It was a great hitch actually. You have just the center hole in the bed. You can use a gooseneck ball or if you need a 5th wheel plate, use the B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch. The Companion hitch has a single pin that drops in the same hole as the gooseneck ball. There’s a rod that releases the hitches in the drivers side wheel well.

1 hour ago, H-D FB 103 said:

I had the B&W hitch installed in a 2006 F350 that I bought used many years ago. It was a great hitch actually. You have just the center hole in the bed. You can use a gooseneck ball or if you need a 5th wheel plate, use the B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch. The Companion hitch has a single pin that drops in the same hole as the gooseneck ball. There’s a rod that releases the hitches in the drivers side wheel well.

The only reason I haven't removed my prep kit is because of the additional cost to have it installed later. I even spoke with my dealer and asked if they will cut me a deal if I remove it and they install it after it arrives and they get it in stock. He didn't say no but he also didn't sound like he gave a crap if they installed it and charged more then I was quoted. So I'm going to wait for my prep kit. 

B&W is a great hitch. But its not going to have a clean look like Ford factory install. So I choose pay less for roughly same quality and cleaner install. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that shows the latest scheduling status updates. Make them do their job and provide the information you require while cyberdman is enjoying his time off for the holidays.  

I can and will do that.  Thank you for the info!  
Dan

Has anyone heard of any success with PCO's recently with pop-ups or mail?  There were a few expiring early Jan, but recently, crickets.  Granted, Ford may not need to issue PCO (private cash offer, or exclusive cash offer), but if there are some, I'd like to try. If not, then I don't want to waste my time.

42 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

Has anyone heard of any success with PCO's recently with pop-ups or mail?  There were a few expiring early Jan, but recently, crickets.  Granted, Ford may not need to issue PCO (private cash offer, or exclusive cash offer), but if there are some, I'd like to try. If not, then I don't want to waste my time.

Not sure if it's true but I heard they release them quarterly.  I got one in my email in mid October and I know several others that got one within days of mine.  

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

What the dealer is installing is the B&W gooseneck hitch.  I had one installed on my 2017 F250 and loved it.  My understanding is you need the "5th wheel prep" package and the gooseneck parts for the complete factory installation to tow gooseneck trailers which is what I need.  I will not be using a 5th wheel hitch.  Anyway the cost difference for the B&W gooseneck hitch and the RhinoLiner is about $500 more than the factory installed 5th wheel prep package, gooseneck parts, and spray-in liner. At least that is based on the price I was quoted at this time.

Ice, I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the advice and information you provide. Really appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom3 said:

My understanding is you need the "5th wheel prep" package and the gooseneck parts for the complete factory installation to tow gooseneck trailers which is what I need.  I will not be using a 5th wheel hitch. 

The PREP package includes an extra under-bed frame cross-member, 7-pin hookup inside the bed, and 5 attachment points with plugs for when not in use.

1 hour ago, Forderorder said:

The PREP package includes an extra under-bed frame cross-member, 7-pin hookup inside the bed, and 5 attachment points with plugs for when not in use.

Which is to say, you can use either the four outer pucks or the center goose ball to connect your b&w hitch…use for any type of fifth wheel hitch or as a gooseneck.

Edited by sjmcken81
Correction