2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

I'm at 3 months on Christmas Day! Order on 9/25 and only gotten a Order confirmed email.

I'm the same I ordered 9/28, but I have the black out and lariat ultimate so with the new chip issues and commodity issues I'm losing hope in seeing the truck built before the change to the 2023 builds. 

Hey everyone. First post, but been reading along a lot recently. I have a F450 Lariat Ultimate in star white on order since 10/1. Had quite a few of the commodity issue items and just had them removed yesterday. Truck at a priority 02, and the regional rep placed it back at an 02 after the AS, rolling tonneau cover, and spray in bedliner were removed. Anyone in the same boat? Priority 02 help a lot? I know they can’t build something they don’t have parts for, and the KTP shutdown is going to suck. Just looking for some people that may have had success getting bumped to 02. Thanks for everyone’s input on BOF. I’ve been reading along religiously at my patience demise. Lol

59 minutes ago, Cfangue said:

I only got the "built" email so far. I haven't seen "shipped" yet. I'm not holding my breath that it will ship before the shut down. It will probably be the end of January before it makes it to me. 

Hopefully it gets shipped tomorrow before the shutdown. And I just noticed from FTE site you are from South Louisiana.  I grew up in Assumption and St. Mary parishes, with family In Thibodaux and Houma areas.  

3 hours ago, Jim58 said:

Hopefully it gets shipped tomorrow before the shutdown. And I just noticed from FTE site you are from South Louisiana.  I grew up in Assumption and St. Mary parishes, with family In Thibodaux and Houma areas.  

Are you serious? I'm from Thibodaux, born and raised. I moved to Gonzales almost 2 years ago. Small world. 

What truck did you order?

3 hours ago, Rabbit01 said:

I'm the same I ordered 9/28, but I have the black out and lariat ultimate so with the new chip issues and commodity issues I'm losing hope in seeing the truck built before the change to the 2023 builds. 

I am feeling the same way. First time ever ordering new vehicle. I'm still feeling optimistic that I'll get a build date. But, the way it's looking I'm think it's going to be late February,  March, or April.

7 hours ago, 22F450 said:

So you think ceramic coating is worth it.....how many years will you keep the truck?

I tend to keep vehicles for a long while, I ordered my last F450 in 2012 and only got rid of it because the thing appreciated so darn well recently. I sold it this summer for $65K, the dealer was only going to give me $40K if traded.  To the ceramic, it was included with the platinum service package I purchased through my dealer. Included additional warranty for the tires, interior as well as all the fluid changes and maintenance. Some would say it’s a waste of money, but I got a better deal than most being my wife used to work for the dealer and I have a very good relationship with them from us buying a lot of vehicles from them over the past 10 years.so yes I’d say it’s worth it and also there are other options out there to have PPF installed along with the ceramic on areas prone to stone chips. I heard that is about $3K.

1 hour ago, ikre8kos4u said:

I tend to keep vehicles for a long while, I ordered my last F450 in 2012 and only got rid of it because the thing appreciated so darn well recently. I sold it this summer for $65K, the dealer was only going to give me $40K if traded.  To the ceramic, it was included with the platinum service package I purchased through my dealer. Included additional warranty for the tires, interior as well as all the fluid changes and maintenance. Some would say it’s a waste of money, but I got a better deal than most being my wife used to work for the dealer and I have a very good relationship with them from us buying a lot of vehicles from them over the past 10 years.so yes I’d say it’s worth it and also there are other options out there to have PPF installed along with the ceramic on areas prone to stone chips. I heard that is about $3K.

Thanks bud, I appreciate the help/opinion.

9 hours ago, EA1205 said:

Hey everyone. First post, but been reading along a lot recently. I have a F450 Lariat Ultimate in star white on order since 10/1. Had quite a few of the commodity issue items and just had them removed yesterday. Truck at a priority 02, and the regional rep placed it back at an 02 after the AS, rolling tonneau cover, and spray in bedliner were removed. Anyone in the same boat? Priority 02 help a lot? I know they can’t build something they don’t have parts for, and the KTP shutdown is going to suck. Just looking for some people that may have had success getting bumped to 02. Thanks for everyone’s input on BOF. I’ve been reading along religiously at my patience demise. Lol

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately with F-450's many of the commodity issues over the past couple of months are critical or included components of the F-450's - 19.5" wheels, DRW boxes, 5th wheel prep, so some of the commodity issues can't be deleted to speed the build.

Ford have been building a few F-450's, but many are still in the queue for scheduling. I ordered in August and their are many before me. On this and other forums, almost everyone with an order of at least August, or earlier has been moved to Priority 1 or 2.  I removed all options like spray-in bedliner, mudflaps and wheel well liners back in September, but am still waiting to be scheduled. I have been at Priority 1 or 2 for at least a month.

My dealer estimates my truck will scheduled and receive a VIN next month.

• Like 1

I hope someone can shed light based on experience... my Truck (ordered on 8/21 and shipped email received 11/29) has sat in the KTP per dealer with a status of "Pending Update" since 11/29. Neither Ford customer service or the dealership can explain whats going on. Has anyone else been stuck in this "Pending Update" status? 

So, my build date was 1/17/2022.  I checked the tracking site and found that I went into production on 12/21; almost a month early.  Dealer says this is due to a push to get trucks built and that Ford has reached an agreement with the Auto Workers Union to work through the holiday season except for Christmas Day.  Any truth to this or will my truck just sit for two weeks as expected?

image.png

Edited by Rcpd34

On 12/22/2021 at 1:17 AM, OREGUNFIRE said:

So, Danielj what the latest on you order? What did you order I forgot? Hopefully you are close to getting your truck. 

Still not scheduled. I ordered a 2022 f350 crew cab lariat ultimate. Blackout .5th wheel. got about everything but adaptive steering. 

Keep getting a lack of communication from the dealer. I go in and they say they will call me the next day and then just silence. No phone call or anything. They say I'm close but I don't believe anything they say. I even asked if I can change sales guys because he's not actually helping me. 

11 minutes ago, danielj said:

And restart my wait since 5/21. And pay the price increase? Lol use the other dealership that is even worse?

Unscheduled is unscheduled, right?  Your unscheduled order submitted 5/21 isn't any further ahead than if you place a new order today.  Unless the region bumped your priority for waiting so long, maybe.  How bad is the price increase?

38 minutes ago, danielj said:

Still not scheduled. I ordered a 2022 f350 crew cab lariat ultimate. Blackout .5th wheel. got about everything but adaptive steering. 

Keep getting a lack of communication from the dealer. I go in and they say they will call me the next day and then just silence. No phone call or anything. They say I'm close but I don't believe anything they say. I even asked if I can change sales guys because he's not actually helping me. 

Wow, that is seriously disappointing and weird. I have basically the same build as you minus the 350 (mine is the 250). Did you order the 3.55 rear end? I ended up with the 3.31 e-locker cc, black appearance, no sun roof, with the 5th wheel and goose neck prep. Ordered on 8-6, built and supposedly shipped on 12-20 within 45 minutes of each other per their emails to me from Ford.. lol, dont know how they managed to do that, but I hope its true..

Edited by OREGUNFIRE