2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

7 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:so yes I’d say it’s worth it and also there are other options out there to have PPF installed along with the ceramic on areas prone to stone chips. I heard that is about $3K.

I had mine wrapped with xpel ppf and ceramic coated on top of the wrap. Did the entire truck for $7500. I would say it’s worth it in the short time I’ve had it.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, awmolq said:

And here I'm still stuck with today or tomorrow being the last work day. My dumb luck

Screenshot_20211222-112312_Chrome.jpg

At least yours shows in production with date. Mine just shows in production, but no date. Sticker shows 12/10, Dealer says it being built but can't get any updates since 12/11.

On 12/19/2021 at 6:00 PM, dRams said:

Hello all, my F-350 went into production on 12/13 after several reschedules and shows a to dealer delivery date of 12/31. My dealer said they are tracking it should arrive between 12/27 and 1/13, which fits what Ford tracking is showing. 
My question is it still doesn’t show built, just the "in production date". What are the odds it will actually arrives by 1/13???? Trying to time the selling of my current truck….

Tried to pull a screen shot, but now the tracker seems to be down.

From what I seen posted from others. If it hasn't shipped out tomorrow. It won't go out until 1/17. I hope I'm wrong. I'm in the same boat as you.

From what I'm seeing, that "In Production" status really doesn't mean anything. My F350 has been "In Production" since December 9th, with no change in status since then. So that kinda indicates to me the truck is really not being built but instead is waiting for some commodity preventing it from being built. I think my dealer and I will have a discussion after the 1st of the year so we can try to figure out what that commodity is, and if it's an option I can live without, to delete it from the order. If it's a chip shortage, there is nothing that can be done except wait. However, if it's something like the spray-on bedliner, then it will be deleted. 

13 hours ago, eds said:

From what I seen posted from others. If it hasn't shipped out tomorrow. It won't go out until 1/17. I hope I'm wrong. I'm in the same boat as you.

Same here.  Built, but haven't received a shipping notification.  Estimated delivery of 1/6, but if it doesn't ship today, who knows...

5 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

From what I'm seeing, that "In Production" status really doesn't mean anything. My F350 has been "In Production" since December 9th, with no change in status since then. So that kinda indicates to me the truck is really not being built but instead is waiting for some commodity preventing it from being built. I think my dealer and I will have a discussion after the 1st of the year so we can try to figure out what that commodity is, and if it's an option I can live without, to delete it from the order. If it's a chip shortage, there is nothing that can be done except wait. However, if it's something like the spray-on bedliner, then it will be deleted. 

From what I’ve read and have been told, once your truck has a scheduled build date, no changes can be made to your order. Now that you’re in production, you really won’t be able to make a change. Unfortunately, you may just have to sit tight and wait like the rest of us have with these commodity issues. It sucks. It’s been 32 weeks for me. Mine is finally built with adaptive steering and 5th wheel prep; 2 items high on the “hold up” list. 

6 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

You can't make changes on scheduled orders that are "Locked In" or "In Production" status. It's not uncommon for orders to show "In Production" status for up to a week or longer, but for those showing that status for an extended period, there's either a commodity issue that allowed the vehicle to be produced but not completed, or there's an error in the reported status. 

56 minutes ago, Cfangue said:

From what I’ve read and have been told, once your truck has a scheduled build date, no changes can be made to your order. Now that you’re in production, you really won’t be able to make a change. Unfortunately, you may just have to sit tight and wait like the rest of us have with these commodity issues. It sucks. It’s been 32 weeks for me. Mine is finally built with adaptive steering and 5th wheel prep; 2 items high on the “hold up” list. 

Scheduled orders can be changed up until the order is "Locked In" which is happening much earlier than normal due to all the issues affecting plant scheduling and production including microchip shortages, commodity restraints, unexpected supplier issues, supply chain issues, etc. Making an already complex scheduling and production issue worse is the unprecedented volume of retail factory orders and the number of retail customers that are making specification changes.  

On 12/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, 22KRTremor said:

Same boat - 12/11 "In Production" and "Estimated Deliver" 12/31/2021.   No emails yet stating it's been built however Dealer VVR has show it built and sent off site about a week and a half ago.  That's the latest and greatest info I have.

I just got my built email this morning estimated to arrive between 12/30 and 01/05…There is hope that things are moving along

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Scheduled orders can be changed up until the order is "Locked In" which is happening much earlier than normal due to all the issues affecting plant scheduling and production including microchip shortages, commodity restraints, unexpected supplier issues, supply chain issues, etc. Making an already complex scheduling and production issue worse is the unprecedented volume of retail factory orders and the number of retail customers that are making specification changes.  

So changing an order, dropping the spray in bed liner for example, in order to speed things up may actually be slowing things down?

26 minutes ago, ArtieT said:

So changing an order, dropping the spray in bed liner for example, in order to speed things up may actually be slowing things down?

The problem with changing vehicle specifications mostly applies to scheduled retail orders that aren't yet "Locked In" causing the plant to re-sequence the vehicle production. Changes to scheduled orders are submitted to the plant for approval. Changes to unscheduled retail orders requires regional office assistance for orders with 01 or 02 priority codes to process the changes and maintain the 01 or 02 priority codes. Approved changes to unscheduled retail orders then continue the review process for compliance with applicable commodity restraints for scheduling.

Hope this clarifies things a bit better! 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

Wow, that is seriously disappointing and weird. I have basically the same build as you minus the 350 (mine is the 250). Did you order the 3.55 rear end? I ended up with the 3.31 e-locker cc, black appearance, no sun roof, with the 5th wheel and goose neck prep. Ordered on 8-6, built and supposedly shipped on 12-20 within 45 minutes of each other per their emails to me from Ford.. lol, dont know how they managed to do that, but I hope its true..

I did get the 3.55 rear end e locker and sunroof.

Can't get my dealer to call me about what's holding up my truck besides the spray in bed liner. They say they get a pre scheduling report Tuesday. But they don't seem to care enough to call me. Guess I will wait till the beginning of the year and see what that Tuesday brings.

29 minutes ago, danielj said:

I did get the 3.55 rear end e locker and sunroof.

Can't get my dealer to call me about what's holding up my truck besides the spray in bed liner. They say they get a pre scheduling report Tuesday. But they don't seem to care enough to call me. Guess I will wait till the beginning of the year and see what that Tuesday brings.

The AM Preview Scheduling Reports are available Tuesday - Thursday mornings and updated daily as scheduling conditions and constraints are revised. 

23 hours ago, eds said:

At least yours shows in production with date. Mine just shows in production, but no date. Sticker shows 12/10, Dealer says it being built but can't get any updates since 12/11.

I got the built email this morning then showed in the tracker it was built…just checked tracker this afternoon says in production again…ran the vin on the shipping company’s site and it shows up on there as pending shipment

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You can't make changes on scheduled orders that are "Locked In" or "In Production" status. It's not uncommon for orders to show "In Production" status for up to a week or longer, but for those showing that status for an extended period, there's either a commodity issue that allowed the vehicle to be produced but not completed, or there's an error in the reported status. 

Well #$@!. Guess I'll just have to ride it out and see what happens. You know, it would be really nice if Ford offered $1000 cash back or some other kind of incentive for those of us who have had to wait an extended period of time to get their builds. I know it will never happen, but it would still be a nice gesture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The AM Preview Scheduling Reports are available Tuesday - Thursday mornings and updated daily as scheduling conditions and constraints are revised. 

Thank you ice. I may stop in on Tuesday or Wednesday cause the dealership doesnt know how to utilize a phone. 

Your input and information is always appreciated. 

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! 

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas to all my fellow future Super Duty Owners. 

And an especially big Merry Christmas and thank you to the volunteered Moderators who are taking their personal time to walk us through this excruciatingly long process. 

Here’s to a much more smoothly running process in the New Year.   

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, cjrazus1 said:

Has anyone on a chip hold had their trucks shipped yet?  If so, how long was your truck in the chip hold status? (not bed liner, spray liner, 5th wheel, etc).  Thanks. 

If you are on “Chip Hold” your truck will probably sit there with mine for at least the next 3 weeks before they get touched again. Mine will be 32 days after build date when they come off of shutdown. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cjrazus1 said:

Has anyone on a chip hold had their trucks shipped yet?  If so, how long was your truck in the chip hold status? (not bed liner, spray liner, 5th wheel, etc).  Thanks. 

Yes, was built on 12/13 and on hold till 12/17. Truck shipped 12/20.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Well #$@!. Guess I'll just have to ride it out and see what happens. You know, it would be really nice if Ford offered $1000 cash back or some other kind of incentive for those of us who have had to wait an extended period of time to get their builds. I know it will never happen, but it would still be a nice gesture.

Ford already provides an incentive to customers that place retail factory orders.