2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I’ve had a 2022 F-250 on order since 1 June. The dealership I am using has been completely above board and transparent from the very beginning. At the time I ordered it the best guess was at least 6 months. Here was the original order:

Rapid Red 

7.3 Godzilla Tremor 

Lariat Ultimate 
Blackout

Winch

Adaptive Steering 

Tonneau Cover

Up fitter

Bed Step

No Carpet   

Console Safe

Moonroof 

A few moths ago I dropped the Adaptive Steering and Tonneau cover in hopes of getting a build date.  That didn’t work. 
I have received one email from Ford showing they have received my order.  A phone call to Ford confirmed they had my order and wanted to know If I’d be interested in a new car……that they hadn’t built yet.  Ice-capades has been dead on the money about how dealerships and Ford do business. I’ve got the right priority code and regional manager for my area involved in the process. What I don’t have is a new truck. For those of you who ordered within the last couple of months and don’t have a build date ………get in line. The amount of accurate and timely  information that ice-capades  places in this forum should convince anyone that it’s going to be a long wait. It’s not your dealerships fault and and it’s not Fords fault.  It is what is.  These are unprecedented times where both tech and commodities are in high demand and shot supply, and Ford can’t always get there hands on them.  So enjoy the ride, kick back and wait your turn……like everybody else.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!!! can someone help me understand what's going on here? My truck was built 12/10   and said it was going to get delivered to the dealer on 12/31, so i called the dealer and they told me that my truck is on hold for a microchip.so this morning I get an email saying my truck is built and they are going to ship it to the dealer, and it should be there on 01/05 to 01/11. so just got off the phone with the dealer and they told me it's still on hold because of the chip. So, what do you think is going on?  is it ready to ship or still hold up for a chip?

May be an image of car, outdoors and text that says '3:33 21 Your 2022 SuperD... Ford Order Confirmed Scheduled Production Built Shipped tiveo YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT Dear Mike Paulo, Great news! Your 2022 Super Duty F-450 Platinum Crew Cab has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. Our current estimate for delivery to River View Ford, nc. is between January 5, 2022 and January 11, 2022.'

15 minutes ago, ampmal said:

Hello everyone!!! can someone help me understand what's going on here? My truck was built 12/10   and said it was going to get delivered to the dealer on 12/31, so i called the dealer and they told me that my truck is on hold for a microchip.so this morning I get an email saying my truck is built and they are going to ship it to the dealer, and it should be there on 01/05 to 01/11. so just got off the phone with the dealer and they told me it's still on hold because of the chip. So, what do you think is going on?  is it ready to ship or still hold up for a chip?

May be an image of car, outdoors and text that says '3:33 21 Your 2022 SuperD... Ford Order Confirmed Scheduled Production Built Shipped tiveo YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT Dear Mike Paulo, Great news! Your 2022 Super Duty F-450 Platinum Crew Cab has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. Our current estimate for delivery to River View Ford, nc. is between January 5, 2022 and January 11, 2022.'

Just curious - when did you order?  Do you have Adaptive Steering or spray in bed liner?  I have a F450 Platinum on order as well.

51 minutes ago, Safety6 said:

………get in line.

When Person A ordered 4 months before Person B but Person B gets their truck first, it's more of a pool and not so much a line.

It’s not your dealerships fault and and it’s not Fords fault.

Of course it is.  Dealerships who won't communicate, don't know how to manage order scheduling, input an e-mail address into a text box or complete COVP... whose fault do you think it is?!

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

All Ford North American plants are down until 01/03/2022 or later depending on the plant. Ford communications are not sent out in real time. 

That's interesting. I wonder how much delay there is from what's really happening until the time you receive an email. Perhaps a week? 

18 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

That's interesting. I wonder how much delay there is from what's really happening until the time you receive an email. Perhaps a week? 

Also makes you wonder how up-to-date the dealers vvr is.... does the email get triggered by a change in the vvr?

My dealer shows the same status 2 weeks in a row on their vvr... that it's built, but on a chip hold. And I've never gotten any emails,  even tho I've asked that my email is there and accurate and I'm told it is. The single email the dealer forwarded to me did have my first and last name on it. 

27 minutes ago, Dakkat720 said:

Also makes you wonder how up-to-date the dealers vvr is.... does the email get triggered by a change in the vvr?

My dealer shows the same status 2 weeks in a row on their vvr... that it's built, but on a chip hold. And I've never gotten any emails,  even tho I've asked that my email is there and accurate and I'm told it is. The single email the dealer forwarded to me did have my first and last name on it. 

Believe the VVR wont update until the truck gets its part. My VVR has an estimated delivery date from 12/25-12/31 but its also "micro chip at plant on hold" Doubt the delivery date will change until the truck starts to move again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forderorder said:

When Person A ordered 4 months before Person B but Person B gets their truck first, it's more of a pool and not so much a line.

Of course it is.  Dealerships who won't communicate, don't know how to manage order scheduling, input an e-mail address into a text box or complete COVP... whose fault do you think it is?!

Well…..if every major manufacturer of automobiles and those dealerships who sell the major manufacturers automobiles are ALL going thru this as well then? I believe it’s safe to say that if Ford was the only company with these kind of problems then we would all be buy Rams, Chevys, Tundras or GMC’s. So given that we are not buying those “other guy’s “ trucks there must be something that outlines the truth in my original post…….. Close examination and research as to why person A gets beat out by person B is simple……Not the same bells and whistles.  For the record I clearly understand your frustration……that being said we have two very simple courses of action.

1. Cancel your order and take your business to another manufacturer…..then get in a new line.

2. Stay in the line your in and wait your turn…..just like everyone else.  

• Like 4

Mine was built almost two weeks ago dealer confirmed Monday that it is built in transit being prepped to ship on vvr with an estimated delivery of 12/30-1/05.  Anyone know if there is anyone working at the plant to load these for shipment?  Mine is going convoy straight to Michigan and vin shows up on transporters website as pending

3 hours ago, Dakkat720 said:

The Vehicle Visibility report gets updated every time there's a status change. If the vehicle is on microchip hold the Vehicle Visibility report won't change until the vehicle status changes next. Regarding the e-mail, there's no way of knowing how the information sent in e-mail communications is handled or processed internally at Ford. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

Mine was built almost two weeks ago dealer confirmed Monday that it is built in transit being prepped to ship on vvr with an estimated delivery of 12/30-1/05.  Anyone know if there is anyone working at the plant to load these for shipment?  Mine is going convoy straight to Michigan and vin shows up on transporters website as pending

Vehicles don't normally ship when the plant is down. 

37 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

Don’t rely on the transporters site. My Bronco showed pending even after it was in my driveway.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, cjrazus1 said:

Has anyone on a chip hold had their trucks shipped yet?  If so, how long was your truck in the chip hold status? (not bed liner, spray liner, 5th wheel, etc).  Thanks. 

Bump, let’s say since November 2021

Edited by cjrazus1

I was able to pull up my truck and it’s in production stage and pulled up window sticker and the spray in bed liner is deleted off of it and price reduced for that amount. Tried to have dealer do it so it would not be delayed but they can’t once production starts so hopefully seeing ford removed it there will be no delay. Does have adaptive steering still on order so hopefully that won’t bite me in the as.   

Palsapp.com makes no sense to me.  I can look up my VIN and it shows like the above picture.  But for one my truck is on Chip Hold and number 2 my truck will be shipped by rail to Kent WA then placed on ship for transport to Alaska.   Then Wrightway will truck it to dealership 5 miles from port.  As far as I know Jack Cooper doesn’t touch mine.

Edited by Jim58