2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 12/29/2021 at 11:30 PM, ScottK1 said:

Ordered March 18th, with AS, bed liner, Tremor, and all the other goodies.  Arrived at my dealer today (Dec 29), and they have the winch for it as well.  FYI - the CSX tracker still says it's sitting in Chicago (dealer is in WA).  Broken trackers everywhere, it seems.

IMG_4435.jpg

Awesome looking Atlas Blue Tremor :) My F350 Lariat should be arriving mid to late January as supposedly it has been shipped. I tried to get the dealer to give me the Boxcar number from the VVR but he wasn't willing to do that. But we have other ways to get that information so hopefully I'll be able to track mine soon.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, waloud said:

I'm guessing we have brought back about 5,000 trucks this week.  They have been repaired and inspected and sent out the gate to be shipped.  Not really sure which chip modules have come back.  As of last night the repairmen were installing 5 different chips.  I know one had to do with the radio and another was the knock sensor on diesel trucks.  We have been running 24/7 since Sunday morning.

16 minutes ago, bscherer72 said:

Just got the email from ford this morning saying mine was built 12/30 and waiting shipment.  I have seen where the plants are all closed for 3 weeks, so this is a little surprising.  Original ETA was 1/9, now 1/19.  Im guessing fords tracker is busted at this point

Per waloud's post yesterday, evidently the plant is working on the backlog of vehicles being held at the plant during the shut-down period in order to finish vehicles and get them shipped.    

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Per waloud's post yesterday, evidently the plant is working on the backlog of vehicles being held at the plant during the shut-down period in order to finish vehicles and get them shipped.    

That's the truth! My status was still in production yesterday on a chip hold... and now today it's showing as built with estimated delivery on the 18th

• Like 4

Just got a call from my dealer. Apparently my sales lady (who rocks!) checked the VVR and my truck was loaded onto the rail car on 12/28 and should be here soon. She’s gone ahead and got all my docs in order. She even said they’d deliver the truck to my home the day it arrived. This is why I love small town business!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 11:40 AM, ice-capades said:

The ETA information is only the estimated delivery at the dealership and has nothing to do with the microchip availability. 

First, thank you for all your time and help on this forum. I appreciate the insight you’ve provided. My question: does Ford predict a ETA assuming microchips (or other commodities) are in stock then?  Not trying to be a smart arse, just trying to understand.  

On 12/21/2021 at 6:09 PM, OREGUNFIRE said:

FYI,

I didnt get a vin for 4 months. I am thinking you have a month or two before you will get one if you lucky. Some have waited longer than that. No one really knows, Did you get an email confirmation of your order??

For sure guys have waited longer. most guys I personally know in the last 6 months at my dealer have been waiting at max about 10 weeks for trucks to show up after being ordered. I got a confirmation on both trucks about 2 hours after I put the orders in. Dealer changed my priority from 19 to 11 about 10 days ago. I'm more than ok waiting as long as I know they aren't just sitting there waiting on an option my dealer or myself can install when they show up ya know. Like 5th wheel prep. that's so simple my dealer could have it done in a few hours.

3 hours ago, Jim58 said:

I just got my Built email.  So I am no longer in Chip Hold.  My ETA is Feb 6

Great news Jim. Hopefully you get your wheels soon. From what I've been reading, its looking like the plant is still operating and shipping despite the shut down. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cjrazus1 said:

First, thank you for all your time and help on this forum. I appreciate the insight you’ve provided. My question: does Ford predict a ETA assuming microchips (or other commodities) are in stock then?  Not trying to be a smart arse, just trying to understand.  

No problem! Ford does not provide any information regarding the ETA's for microchip availability for vehicles being held. 

I was very uninformed about the process until finding this forum. Thank you moderator’s and posters. I placed a retail order 12/23/21 at a small Ford dealership in southern Georgia. Received order confirmation same day. F-250 Lariat 4x4, 160” WB, iconic silver/carbonized gray, 6.7 power stroke, FX4 package, chrome package, lariat ultimate package, highest trailer tow package. Was told at least 12 weeks by salesman. Priority Code 19. If I am approved by the moderator I will post updates as I get them for comparison. Thanks again for all the information. 

On Nov 1 I ordered an F250 Platinum 6.7,SRW, roll-top bed cover, Antimatter Blue,  ultimate tow pack. No adaptive steering.

The order is in processing......    It seems from reading this forum that it may take 7 months to see the truck.....    

Does anyone know if supply chain issues are improving and that I may see it sooner?

rich

So is anyone else wondering if or when ford will close the order banks on the 22s to clean up the backlog? Seems like there is a ton of trucks sitting still not scheduled and I think last year March time-frame was the last to order that model year? I really hope my truck doesn't push to a 23.

2 hours ago, 6.7zack said:

So is anyone else wondering if or when ford will close the order banks on the 22s to clean up the backlog? Seems like there is a ton of trucks sitting still not scheduled and I think last year March time-frame was the last to order that model year? I really hope my truck doesn't push to a 23.

I've been wondering the same thing. I have been waiting since May. No signs of getting scheduled anytime soon. With the redesign coming for 2023's I'm not sure if I want the redesign until I see it and know what the changes are. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 6.7zack said:

I have also been wondering about this. I ordered my F350 on June 7th, still nothing, not even a VIN. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC3837 said:

I have also been wondering about this. I ordered my F350 on June 7th, still nothing, not even a VIN. 

1st order was placed June 24th. F350 SCSB 4x4 Lariat value, 5th wheel prep, sport, spray in, AS

2nd, November 19th.F250 CCSB 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Headlights, HCTTP, AC, sport

Not one peep on either other than order confirmed.

2 hours ago, JC3837 said:

If you haven't received a VIN by now, then either you ordered a bunch of options on the "delay" list, or something else is wrong. I would go to the dealer and ask him to show you the VVR (Vehicle Visibility Report), or at least have him tell you what the status says on the VVR. If you want to see the list of options causing delays, go to this thread:

Scroll down until you see the post from ice-capades for December 13th. That will show the list of options causing production delays.

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

What commodities did you order?  Adaptive Steering, bed-liner?.... 

I ordered a basic F350 XL bed delete 6.2 gas DRW on June 7. Only thing "fancy" was the 8" radio. I do not have a VIN and my original build week was the 1st week in December. However since I ordered using a fleet program my order goes to the back of the line behind all the retail orders. I was not told this when I ordered my truck in June. So if anyone ordered using a fleet discount you have a greater chance of being cancelled by Ford. I have been following this forum since early July and I have noticed most of the trucks being made are the high dollar models. I have not noticed any XLs or XLTs. It appears Ford is only making the models with the highest profit margins. 

• Like 1