2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, breed1 said:

My thoughts are: (I wanted to add that I was told by both dealers that they were going to give me Plan X pricing because of my affiliation)

Allocation issue. Dealer B sales more trucks so they get more retail orders than Dealer A

Pricing and profit strategy on behalf of Dealer A. I'm getting Plan X pricing so I keep getting pushed back because the dealer is making more money on full retail price orders.

I don't know of any other reasons than one's above but if anyone else has an input. Let me know. Also, I'm about to have 2 trucks and will be more than willing to sell one for the $1000 deposit plus any sales tax implications that might apply. I'm pretty sure that either dealer will be happy to place it on their showroom floor and sell it for above list price. 

Breed1: I wouldn't put too much faith in scheduled production dates. My original scheduled date was back in October, and then it slipped a couple of times in November, then I stopped receiving emails from Ford. I'm finally getting my truck this month (shipped by rail), but it's a couple of months later than it's original production schedule.

Edited by AtlasBlue350

18 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Breed1: I wouldn't put too much faith in scheduled production dates. My original scheduled date was back in October, and then it slipped a couple of times in November, then I stopped receiving emails from Ford. I'm finally getting my trucked this month (shipped by rail), but it's a couple of months later than it's original production schedule.

Same thing for me. Original build date 10-22 then emails stopped, out of the blue on 12-20 I get 2 emails. First email says truck was built on 12-19 and 45 minutes latter I get another email stating the truck is shipped. Mind you this in the first email since telling me my truck was scheduled for 10-22. Its still not here yet. Original order 8-6 fyi.  

9 hours ago, yorid said:

It would be nice if Ford released some info on the 2023 Super Duties

Ford considers that info secret and won't release it until they are ready to release it.  Sometimes you can find some info from spy shots that will appear on the internet.

I was shocked on '22MY, the larger screen was not on any site I could find.  Secrets like that are often leaked.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's too early! If they follow the usual timing, the 2023 Super Duty Order Guide will be released in mid-March when the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will probably open. 

It'll be nice when they update the F150 Build and Price for '22 MY as well.

17 minutes ago, Superdutybuilt said:

Stupid question… even if order banks open still going to produce 22’s till late year?

In a Typical year Order banks Open in March for the next model year. Current model year production  usually ends around June/July.

There is rumours that they will keep producing 22's later into this year then normal, but at this point nobody really knows.

12 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Dealer is full of brown stuff.  They have access to the detail data.

That’s about what I figured, they said super duties are harder to track. I was just interested to know if it’s actually left the plant or on some sort of hold. 

16 minutes ago, Ngwidener said:

That’s about what I figured, they said super duties are harder to track. I was just interested to know if it’s actually left the plant or on some sort of hold. 

Quite simply, it's BS.  As an employee, and dealers have access to the same info I had to track my truck.  It was agonizing watching my truck stop on the rail every 100 miles and spend 24-48 hours sitting... the data is there

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Quite simply, it's BS.  As an employee, and dealers have access to the same info I had to track my truck.  It was agonizing watching my truck stop on the rail every 100 miles and spend 24-48 hours sitting... the data is there

Good to know, I’ll reach out to my salesman again. I appreciate it! ??

14 hours ago, Max4wKR said:

Okay, but This doesn’t show if it’s on priority or not right? I figured since it’s still a KR I’m paying $85k i figured that’s a good chunk of change to make it be faster lol. 

Your Dealer can tell you your order's priority code via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system "Preview" display for your order. It's also in the Vehicle Visibility report in the "Details" section. 

11 hours ago, Ngwidener said:

My dealer claims they have no idea where it is until it arrives on the lot. Not sure if this is really the case. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes complete order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates through delivery to the dealership. They not only have the rail carrier and rail car number information but also continuous updates on the rail car location! Your Dealer either doesn't know, can't be bothered or worse. 

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes complete order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates through delivery to the dealership. They not only have the rail carrier and rail car number information but also continuous updates on the rail car location! Your Dealer either doesn't know, can't be bothered or worse. 

They aren’t very responsive so I figured they probably have more info than they are giving me. Thanks for the insight. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice are created just before the vehicle goes into production. It sounds like changes to the order were submitted after the vehicle was "locked in" which has been happening earlier than usual the past year due to the many factors affecting scheduling and plant operations. Changes to scheduled orders are sent to the plant for approval and, if rejected because the order is "locked in", the vehicle is produced with the last accepted specifications.  

Thanks for information...

On 12/23/2021 at 7:02 AM, Rangers09 said:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately with F-450's many of the commodity issues over the past couple of months are critical or included components of the F-450's - 19.5" wheels, DRW boxes, 5th wheel prep, so some of the commodity issues can't be deleted to speed the build.

Ford have been building a few F-450's, but many are still in the queue for scheduling. I ordered in August and their are many before me. On this and other forums, almost everyone with an order of at least August, or earlier has been moved to Priority 1 or 2.  I removed all options like spray-in bedliner, mudflaps and wheel well liners back in September, but am still waiting to be scheduled. I have been at Priority 1 or 2 for at least a month.

My dealer estimates my truck will scheduled and receive a VIN next month.

Thanks for the reply and the info. I feel like I don’t get much info from my dealer like others are experiencing. I’m dealing with the GM of the dealership, but I have to be the one to ask for updates and it’s always the same, “not scheduled yet, we should hear something soon.” I know that’s pretty much it, but I know dealers have allocations and can see what’s holding things up too. Guess I’m just as anxious as everyone else and this commodity thing sucks. I appreciate reading everyone’s experiences and the moderators offering their knowledge. At least we’re a little more educated from being here. Thanks again.

• Like 1