2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

8 hours ago, EA1205 said:

Thanks for the reply and the info. I feel like I don’t get much info from my dealer like others are experiencing. I’m dealing with the GM of the dealership, but I have to be the one to ask for updates and it’s always the same, “not scheduled yet, we should hear something soon.” I know that’s pretty much it, but I know dealers have allocations and can see what’s holding things up too. Guess I’m just as anxious as everyone else and this commodity thing sucks. I appreciate reading everyone’s experiences and the moderators offering their knowledge. At least we’re a little more educated from being here. Thanks again.

I feel your pain. I am experiencing the almost exact same scenario......i am trying my hardest to be super patient. I guess that is why I ordered a super duty.....lol

I also want to wish everyone at the Ford truck plant especially the folks that make this site happen and very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish that 2022 is a prosperous year for everyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dwpick1030 said:

I feel your pain. I am experiencing the almost exact same scenario......i am trying my hardest to be super patient. I guess that is why I ordered a super duty.....lol

I also want to wish everyone at the Ford truck plant especially the folks that make this site happen and very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish that 2022 is a prosperous year for everyone.

Yea, I think we’re all here with quite a bit of brand loyalty to be waiting so long. I don’t want to go to one of the other trucks. Always been a Ford guy. It’s just such a bummer that so much of these delays are because they won’t let trucks over a certain number of years old (I heard 3) to come into the ports to move containers. They’re trying to “save the planet” while killing the economy. I hope something gets better so we can be driving new trucks, and our friends who have been laid off at Ford can come back to work and feed their families. 

On 1/4/2022 at 8:48 AM, EA1205 said:

Thanks for the reply and the info. I feel like I don’t get much info from my dealer like others are experiencing. I’m dealing with the GM of the dealership, but I have to be the one to ask for updates and it’s always the same, “not scheduled yet, we should hear something soon.” I know that’s pretty much it, but I know dealers have allocations and can see what’s holding things up too. Guess I’m just as anxious as everyone else and this commodity thing sucks. I appreciate reading everyone’s experiences and the moderators offering their knowledge. At least we’re a little more educated from being here. Thanks again.

I'm in the same boat with you, I ordered a F450 Platinum with almost every option available in early August. I'm dealing with the Fleet Manager. I was told at that time that I would be lucky to see the truck before Easter which I was ok with since there are really no other options and my current truck does the job just fine. But after being told that the truck was sent to a Priority 2 almost instantly its been disappointing especially to be told continually that we should be scheduled any day now for months. I've gotten to the point of I guess we'll see if it makes it here by Easter or at least have a build date by then. 

1 hour ago, DaveMows said:

I'm in the same boat with you, I ordered a F450 Platinum with almost every option available in early August. I'm dealing with the Fleet Manager. I was told at that time that I would be lucky to see the truck before Easter which I was ok with since there are really no other options and my current truck does the job just fine. But after being told that the truck was sent to a Priority 2 almost instantly its been disappointing especially to be told continually that we should be scheduled any day now for months. I've gotten to the point of I guess we'll see if it makes it here by Easter or at least have a build date by then. 

I have been a 2 for over 4 months and I keep getting told in the next 2 weeks you should get a build date that started in Oct and I still didn't have a build date

41 minutes ago, DaveMows said:

Yea, I hear ya. I ordered 10/1, so you’re ahead of me. My dealer told me I should have it by end of January at the latest when I placed the order. I think he was mis-informed. And I hadn’t read anything on here yet, so I wasn’t privy to all of the commodity issues and how long people are waiting. I already sold my truck and I’m just driving a little commuter car. It’s tough being without a truck. But I was trying to capitalize on the used market. Hope we both get good news sooner than later. 

21 hours ago, EA1205 said:

Yea, I think we’re all here with quite a bit of brand loyalty to be waiting so long. I don’t want to go to one of the other trucks. Always been a Ford guy. It’s just such a bummer that so much of these delays are because they won’t let trucks over a certain number of years old (I heard 3) to come into the ports to move containers. They’re trying to “save the planet” while killing the economy. I hope something gets better so we can be driving new trucks, and our friends who have been laid off at Ford can come back to work and feed their families. 

I wouldn't call it all loyalty. I ordered in May and I am still waiting. Its my first Ford and am trying to be patient but the wait is making it very difficult. Unless the truck is the best and most reliable truck I have ever owned then it may be the only Ford I will ever own. This truck will make me a loyal Ford customer or make me not look at another Ford again.  I'm hoping to become a loyal Ford customer so I am still waiting.

Well…. I asked my sales lady to track my truck today. I could really use the dang thing next week! It’s been built and in the “shipping” section since before Christmas. The dang thing is done. SHIP IT ALREADY! I’m going to have to rent a 1 ton to move sim assets next week. I’d gladly spend that money to have my truck sooner!

35 minutes ago, Josh_tree50 said:

Well…. I asked my sales lady to track my truck today. I could really use the dang thing next week! It’s been built and in the “shipping” section since before Christmas. The dang thing is done. SHIP IT ALREADY! I’m going to have to rent a 1 ton to move sim assets next week. I’d gladly spend that money to have my truck sooner!

Mine shipped 12/9 and has been sitting in ATL an hour from the dealer since 12/14. Shortage of drivers I guess ?

On 1/4/2022 at 5:47 AM, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes complete order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates through delivery to the dealership. They not only have the rail carrier and rail car number information but also continuous updates on the rail car location! Your Dealer either doesn't know, can't be bothered or worse. 

I've been reading this thread and several other threads here for many months (since I ordered my F-250 Lariat in July) but just signed up because my dealer is now telling me they can't give me a copy of the VVR or give me any information listed on the VVR (like the railcar number and last location). The problem with that is the sales manager had already sent me four of them during December then on 12/31 he says it is against company policy and it contains proprietary information. I'm not sure I see the railcar number and train location as Ford proprietary. Maybe CSX but Ford? Anyone else have their dealer stop showing them the VVR? My truck supposedly shipped 12/23 but the last VVR I did get has a railcar number that CSX reports as being in Markham, IL since August 2021 and the truck is going to Florida. Seems like the railcar number on the VVR that I did get has an error.

Edited by FL Lariat Driver

1 hour ago, Ngwidener said:

Mine shipped 12/9 and has been sitting in ATL an hour from the dealer since 12/14. Shortage of drivers I guess ?

What a PITA i really like my dealership and sales lady…. However she informed me today the price of my truck has gone up nearly 1300$ from when I ordered. How the hell does that happen? I am still getting a smoking deal below msrp so I didn’t complain much but dang!

I’m sure it was mentioned, but what day of the week would one typically get a notification that there truck is scheduled? Does it vary?

also, if I want to change gearing and modify my order will that affect when my truck is scheduled or they just work it in with my order?  Will it push back my order date or will it not have much affect? 

1 hour ago, 4KingAceHold said:

From what I’ve been told the priority numbers are only for the dealers not Ford manufacturing. I got a priority of 20 and my build date was within 8 weeks of order. I really think it has to do with allocation, options, and part holds that gets a vehicle in faster than others. 

Whoever told you that is either an idiot or you misunderstood,  Priority is specifically to help Ford decide which vehicles to schedule.  It is true that priority only matters within each dealer’s order bank so a 19 at one dealer might get built before a 10 at another dealer.  Also 20 is dealer stock.  Retail orders are supposed to be 10-19.

With COVP allocation is no longer an issue - you’re correct that with older orders it’s some part holdup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josh_tree50 said:

What a PITA i really like my dealership and sales lady…. However she informed me today the price of my truck has gone up nearly 1300$ from when I ordered. How the hell does that happen? I am still getting a smoking deal below msrp so I didn’t complain much but dang!

The MSRP went up or she is charging you more?  The price of your truck is locked in when you order so don’t let them charge you extra - they don’t have to pay extra.

3 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

I've been reading this thread and several other threads here for many months (since I ordered my F-250 Lariat in July) but just signed up because my dealer is now telling me they can't give me a copy of the VVR or give me any information listed on the VVR (like the railcar number and last location). The problem with that is the sales manager had already sent me four of them during December then on 12/31 he says it is against company policy and it contains proprietary information. I'm not sure I see the railcar number and train location as Ford proprietary. 

Oh it’s definitely proprietary but that’s to keep someone from giving that info to a competitor.  Ford specifically allows info on your vehicle to be shared with you but nobody else.

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Oh it’s definitely proprietary but that’s to keep someone from giving that info to a competitor.  Ford specifically allows info on your vehicle to be shared with you but nobody else.

Well then Ford needs to communicate that to their dealers because it's obvious some of them haven't received the memo. That's what my dealers excuse is for not giving the Boxcar number. They see that "Ford Confidential" printing at the bottom of the VVR and freeze up.

2 hours ago, Josh_tree50 said:

If you ordered your truck on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork to prove it, then you are under Ford's Price Protection:

"Automatic Price protection will be provided on: Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021".

Since my truck was ordered back in September, I would like to see my dealer try to spring this on me.

2 hours ago, Nbb1013 said:

I’m sure it was mentioned, but what day of the week would one typically get a notification that there truck is scheduled? Does it vary?

also, if I want to change gearing and modify my order will that affect when my truck is scheduled or they just work it in with my order?  Will it push back my order date or will it not have much affect? 

I got an email on a Tuesday stating my F350 was scheduled for production. 

In early December I was finally able to successfully check the order tracking website and saw the wrong gear ratio. I called my salesman and he made the change. Within a few days of that it was scheduled for production. I could only see making a change causing a problem if you add an option that is currently in short supply.