2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

If you ordered your truck on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork to prove it, then you are under Ford's Price Protection:

"Automatic Price protection will be provided on: Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021".

Since my truck was ordered back in September, I would like to see my dealer try to spring this on me.

I thought I was protected, but since I changed form a Lariat to King Ranch, they told me I wasn’t.

7 hours ago, Josh_tree50 said:

What a PITA i really like my dealership and sales lady…. However she informed me today the price of my truck has gone up nearly 1300$ from when I ordered. How the hell does that happen? I am still getting a smoking deal below msrp so I didn’t complain much but dang!

Retail factory orders are price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. 

6 hours ago, 4KingAceHold said:

From what I’ve been told the priority numbers are only for the dealers not Ford manufacturing. I got a priority of 20 and my build date was within 8 weeks of order. I really think it has to do with allocation, options, and part holds that gets a vehicle in faster than others. 

Priority codes 20-80 are for stock orders only. Retail order priority codes are 10-19.

5 hours ago, Nbb1013 said:

I’m sure it was mentioned, but what day of the week would one typically get a notification that there truck is scheduled? Does it vary?

also, if I want to change gearing and modify my order will that affect when my truck is scheduled or they just work it in with my order?  Will it push back my order date or will it not have much affect? 

Regular scheduling is done on Thursdays with confirmation available in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system as soon as it's scheduled or Friday morning at the latest. Changes to vehicle specifications do not affect the original order date.   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

I've been reading this thread and several other threads here for many months (since I ordered my F-250 Lariat in July) but just signed up because my dealer is now telling me they can't give me a copy of the VVR or give me any information listed on the VVR (like the railcar number and last location). The problem with that is the sales manager had already sent me four of them during December then on 12/31 he says it is against company policy and it contains proprietary information. I'm not sure I see the railcar number and train location as Ford proprietary. Maybe CSX but Ford? Anyone else have their dealer stop showing them the VVR? My truck supposedly shipped 12/23 but the last VVR I did get has a railcar number that CSX reports as being in Markham, IL since August 2021 and the truck is going to Florida. Seems like the railcar number on the VVR that I did get has an error.

My dealer had given me everything I’ve asked for to include the rail car number, but I’m not sure how that info will help me locate it.

7 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

If you ordered your truck on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork to prove it, then you are under Ford's Price Protection:

"Automatic Price protection will be provided on: Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021".

Since my truck was ordered back in September, I would like to see my dealer try to spring this on me.

Can you send me a link to that so I can show the dealer?

I ordered in July. The price on my invoice doesn’t show me my xplan price from back then. How do you hold them to the price when you ordered. Did the msrp go up? My invoice just shows me the msrp and the invoice price. I noticed that the msrp went up 200.00 when I changed my order in October to lariat ultimate. This is going to be interesting to see what price they try to charge me. I don’t trust car dealers at all. My buddy just bought a truck on xplan and his dealer charged him a 500.00 doc fee. They aren’t supposed to do that but they did. 

I just built my same truck with xplan now and it’s 64611. It was 63385. Wow. I’m not paying 64611. 

Edited by ardvark666

35 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

Heard so many rumors the plants are still operating. Think they will be scheduling today?

The plant is working on installing microchips, etc. for the Super Duty's that have been held at the plant. Regular plant operations are not due to resume until 01/17/2022. Ford is doing "Cleanup Scheduling" today to finish scheduling for available allocation not already scheduled for the scheduling period. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Well then Ford needs to communicate that to their dealers because it's obvious some of them haven't received the memo. That's what my dealers excuse is for not giving the Boxcar number. They see that "Ford Confidential" printing at the bottom of the VVR and freeze up.

Ford has obviously communicated that because we’ve heard dealership folks explain it.  But it’s up to the dealer to actually read the memo and it’s clear many do not.  Some don’t even know about the VVR, order price protection or a dozen other things that they should know.  Ford can only make the info available not force them to read or understand it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

I ordered in July. The price on my invoice doesn’t show me my xplan price from back then. How do you hold them to the price when you ordered. Did the msrp go up? My invoice just shows me the msrp and the invoice price. I noticed that the msrp went up 200.00 when I changed my order in October to lariat ultimate. This is going to be interesting to see what price they try to charge me. I don’t trust car dealers at all. My buddy just bought a truck on xplan and his dealer charged him a 500.00 doc fee. They aren’t supposed to do that but they did. 

I don't know what "invoice" you have but the Dealer Invoice isn't created until just before the vehicle goes into production. The Dealer Invoice shows the pricing for all order types (Stock, Retail, Plan) regardless of the order type used when the order was originally submitted. The Dealer Invoice is created with the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle was produced. Your order is price protected to the date of your original order. The Dealer submits a price protection claim to Ford which is an internal accounting matter between the dealership and Ford. The Dealer is required to show you the X Plan price on the Dealer Invoice.  

The Dealer should have provided you with a copy of the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) vehicle "Preview" showing the vehicle specifications and prices including the X Plan price.   

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

I just built my same truck with xplan now and it’s 64611. It was 63385. Wow. I’m not paying 64611. 

If they don’t follow plan rules like the $100 doc fee limit all you have to do is call the Ford plan hotline and they’ll straighten it out.  Now that assumes it was actually a plan sale as opposed to them just giving him X plan pricing without submitting a pin.  In that case they can charge anything they want.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

My dealer had given me everything I’ve asked for to include the rail car number, but I’m not sure how that info will help me locate it.

If you have the car number you can call the automated 800 number and input the car number to get the last location or the current location of the train.

37 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I don't know what "invoice" you have but the Dealer Invoice isn't created until just before the vehicle goes into production. The Dealer Invoice shows the pricing for all order types (Stock, Retail, Plan) regardless of the order type used when the order was originally submitted. The Dealer Invoice is created with the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle was produced. Your order is price protected to the date of your original order. The Dealer submits a price protection claim to Ford which is an internal accounting matter between the dealership and Ford. The Dealer is required to show you the X Plan price on the Dealer Invoice.  

The Dealer should have provided you with a copy of the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) vehicle "Preview" showing the vehicle specifications and prices including the X Plan price.   

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

Ice, 

there is a dealer, one of the big ones in retail order market (2,000 plus retail orders) who recently came out and said that this this entire price protection claim submission to Ford scheme is not practical. It requires a dedicated team of dealership resources to generate and then monitor all these claims and more often then not they have seen many of these price protection claims rejected. One can see and understand this dealer’s point of view, imagine having to file 2000+ price protection claims.

The intriguing part is, if Ford is saying that “automatic” price protection should apply to retail orders placed prior to price increases, would it not then make sense that Ford “automatically” adjust these customer invoices, thus removing the burden from the dealers accounting department?

Just food for thought about these “automatic” price locks. In theory the price protection makes sense, but in practicality filling all of the price protection claims…i can see the dealers side of it, not wanting to go through with it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

If you have the car number you can call the automated 800 number and input the car number to get the last location or the current location of the train.

I found a phone number in an old post and tried that but the information does not seem to be current. It says the rail car is empty in California as of October.

16 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

I found a phone number in an old post and tried that but the information does not seem to be current. It says the rail car is empty in California as of October.

That's the exact same problem I'm having with my railcar number. The automated system says the car is empty in Illinois since last August.

25 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Ice, 

there is a dealer, one of the big ones in retail order market (2,000 plus retail orders) who recently came out and said that this this entire price protection claim submission to Ford scheme is not practical. It requires a dedicated team of dealership resources to generate and then monitor all these claims and more often then not they have seen many of these price protection claims rejected. One can see and understand this dealer’s point of view, imagine having to file 2000+ price protection claims.

The intriguing part is, if Ford is saying that “automatic” price protection should apply to retail orders placed prior to price increases, would it not then make sense that Ford “automatically” adjust these customer invoices, thus removing the burden from the dealers accounting department?

Just food for thought about these “automatic” price locks. In theory the price protection makes sense, but in practicality filling all of the price protection claims…i can see the dealers side of it, not wanting to go through with it.

The whole car making and selling industry quickly went from a "dealers sell stock items" to a "dealers order specific customer vehicle", and this has caused all kinds of issues to work through from  ordering systems, to the mix of vehicles made, to changing the way dealers interact with customers.  Someone moved the cheese!  Successful dealers will have to work more and be more knowledgeable in the special order scenario.  That's not the model that they (and Ford, and the customer) knows.  So there will be problems and complaints.  Some will get worked out, some won't be.  It will be interesting to see if the industry reverts back to "do you want to buy this truck today" model?  Probably will, as that is what the mass public normally wants.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

The whole car making and selling industry quickly went from a "dealers sell stock items" to a "dealers order specific customer vehicle", and this has caused all kinds of issues to work through from  ordering systems, to the mix of vehicles made, to changing the way dealers interact with customers.  Someone moved the cheese!  Successful dealers will have to work more and be more knowledgeable in the special order scenario.  That's not the model that they (and Ford, and the customer) knows.  So there will be problems and complaints.  Some will get worked out, some won't be.  It will be interesting to see if the industry reverts back to "do you want to buy this truck today" model?  Probably will, as that is what the mass public normally wants.  

Very well said. I echo your sentiment. There’s a lot of chatter on Ford announcing transition to retail order market while not truly being ready for the change, still operating like it’s 2019. All while COVID related supply chains disruptions and unprecedented order bank don’t make things easier for them to carry out that transition right now.

9 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Well then Ford needs to communicate that to their dealers because it's obvious some of them haven't received the memo. That's what my dealers excuse is for not giving the Boxcar number. They see that "Ford Confidential" printing at the bottom of the VVR and freeze up.

Dealer is full of brown stuff.  Have them look up the definition of Ford Confidential in their dealer docs.  Short story, you are a party to the purchase and permitted to have access to the data.  They can't provide the detail to your neighbor, but they can provide it to you.

If it weren’t for supply chain issues causing long order delays this wouldn’t be an issue.  You won’t get many price increases or have enough orders to worry about with a 8 week turnaround.   But it should be automatic on Ford’s side which is what they’re implying.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Dealer is full of brown stuff.  Have them look up the definition of Ford Confidential in their dealer docs.  Short story, you are a party to the purchase and permitted to have access to the data.  They can't provide the detail to your neighbor, but they can provide it to you.

This.   They’re too lazy to look it up.

Edited by akirby

28 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Hmmmm. The “paper” I have only shows msrp. But I submitted a pin when I ordered the truck so I guess I can assume that when I get the truck they will apply the x-plan price to it. The xplan price on my paper says NA. 

You should have a buyers order that shows the x plan price.

51 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Hmmmm. The “paper” I have only shows msrp. But I submitted a pin when I ordered the truck so I guess I can assume that when I get the truck they will apply the x-plan price to it. The xplan price on my paper says NA. 

That just means they didn't have the box checked for plan pricing.  They should be willing to go back and check the box and print you a new copy if you ask.

Edited by Forderorder
s/able/willing