2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, menasco said:

I have had that happen too, this was new. I tried a couple other vin's I found and had the same response. Has to be a ford issue.

It seems to me that most of the time when this happens, it's usually on the weekends. I'm not 100% positive, but this could be the time that Ford decides to do database updates for the upcoming week. And considering the size the database may be with keeping track of all the vehicles that are in the scheduling system, it may take several hours. Usually by Monday everything is back online again.

43 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Try clearing the browser cache if you know how to do this. If not, when you are on the order tracking page, hold down the shift key and push F5, or hold down the shit key and click the refresh button with your mouse. That should force a cache reset. Final option is to try a different browser like Edge, Chrome, or whatever. 

I’ve tried everything you can think of with the same result. But if I use another order/VIN it usually works. 

11 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Just out of curiosity, have you had your dealer pull up a VVR using the VIN to see if your truck is still in the system?

Yeah I checked in with them on Friday. They show it still in production but he feels it may be in transit to them. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

55 minutes ago, asull85 said:

Yeah I checked in with them on Friday. They show it still in production but he feels it may be in transit to them. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Yeah, it sounds like your dealer is just trying to make you feel better. He should get a notice on the VVR if it's actually been shipped, what the shipping method was, Boxcar number, etc.

First post here, but in the same boat as many. 
ordered F-450 in August. Build date was supposed to be 12/23 but I know the shutdown got me. I asked dealer about the status and was told, “it’s in the factory, should be close” which is a nice way to say, “we’re to lazy to look up the current status”

25 minutes ago, Bell4fan said:

First post here, but in the same boat as many. 
ordered F-450 in August. Build date was supposed to be 12/23 but I know the shutdown got me. I asked dealer about the status and was told, “it’s in the factory, should be close” which is a nice way to say, “we’re to lazy to look up the current status”

2022 Super Duty production is scheduled to resume next Monday, January 17th. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 6:53 AM, ice-capades said:

What is it that you need help with?

@ice-capades what “agreement” did dealers make? I feel like an idiot and I know you or someone else has said it here or some other forum. I look everywhere and try to keep up on all of them. Would you be willing to explain that picture? I see “super duty” then a date and next is blank… the way a I read as a rookie is 2/7 super duties will get either schedule or built? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Superdutybuilt said:

@ice-capades what “agreement” did dealers make? I feel like an idiot and I know you or someone else has said it here or some other forum. I look everywhere and try to keep up on all of them. Would you be willing to explain that picture? I see “super duty” then a date and next is blank… the way a I read as a rookie is 2/7 super duties will get either schedule or built? 

It’s an internal Ford thing.  Business as usual.  Ignore it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superdutybuilt said:

As @akirby stated, it's a routine process between the Dealers and Ford. Don't try to read more into it. 

The scheduling chart shows the production weeks that vehicles will be scheduled to be built. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Yeah, it sounds like your dealer is just trying to make you feel better. He should get a notice on the VVR if it's actually been shipped, what the shipping method was, Boxcar number, etc.

I agree. I don't think I'll see it for another month or two.

I ordered an F-250 Tremor on F-250 Tremor on 12/3/2021 and haven't heard anything else from anyone.  How long was it before y'all got your VIN #'s.  Is there a hold up on the Tremor package?  If so, would it be better if I submitted an order for a non-Tremor in hopes to get the truck sooner?   

45 minutes ago, mww982 said:

I ordered an F-250 Tremor on F-250 Tremor on 12/3/2021 and haven't heard anything else from anyone.  How long was it before y'all got your VIN #'s.  Is there a hold up on the Tremor package?  If so, would it be better if I submitted an order for a non-Tremor in hopes to get the truck sooner?   

Grab you a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show because it could be a while.  I ordered mine on 8/24/2021 and still no VIN.

IMG_0889.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, mww982 said:

Welcome to the BoF. I also ordered in August and have not received a VIN yet, lots ordered sooner than that and are also waiting. Lots of threads discussing the delays.

• Like 1

I originally ordered a my21 last mid-April F250 7.3 Platti Tremor, Ford canceled outstanding 21s mid-May because of Chip shortage.

Reordered as a my22 late-May that was accepted by Ford 16 June…loaded 7.3 F250 Platti Tremor with all the commodity restrictions…AS, 5th wheel prep, spray in liner, etc.

Just got Priority changed to 2 a week ago, so hope to get scheduled/Vin this week just short of 7 months.

If you have a heavily optioned truck, expect a long wait.

My $.02

Edited by sjmcken81
Correction

24 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

I originally ordered a my21 last mid-April F250 7.3 Platti Tremor, Ford canceled outstanding 21s mid-May because of Chip shortage.

Reordered as a my22 late-May that was accepted by Ford 16 June…loaded 7.3 F250 Platti Tremor with all the commodity restrictions…AS, 5th wheel prep, spray in liner, etc.

Just got Priority changed to 2 a week ago, so hope to get scheduled/Vin this week just short of 7 months.

If you have a heavily optioned truck, expect a long wait.

My $.02

All that said, this is our RV tow vehicle and camping is done for us for a couple more months, so waiting is frustrating, but truck isn’t currently needed…we can wait to get our White Whale/Unicorn how we want it.

If you’re looking at a basic build and your dealer has allocation, your wait will likely be substantially less.

Interesting - just received an email that says: “To ensure your complete satisfaction,  we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty  F250 Lariat is delivered to Beach Ford”.  The original estimated delivery date was 01/07, now 01/14 - 01/20.  Trying to figure out how another delay ensures my complete satisfaction ???.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CDUB19 said:

Grab you a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show because it could be a while.  I ordered mine on 8/24/2021 and still no VIN.

IMG_0889.PNG

I'm just wondering if I should drop the Tremor order and order an XLT or submit a second order and take which ever one comes in first.  

1 hour ago, PKL131 said:

Interesting - just received an email that says: “To ensure your complete satisfaction,  we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty  F250 Lariat is delivered to Beach Ford”.  The original estimated delivery date was 01/07, now 01/14 - 01/20.  Trying to figure out how another delay ensures my complete satisfaction ???.  

They need to buff out a few scratches from falling off the train. ?

• Haha 1