2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Making a change? For anyone knowing, I called my dealership yesterday to add the winch to the order, the call today was no. 

Ordered on December 4 and received the vin number and build date on December 9. The build date is scheduled for January 31 week. Is there a way this could be added?

Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

Ordered on 10/25/2021........Received email acceptance from Ford on order the same day.........

Have not seen or heard a thing since order Date

No VIN.....No Update....Nada

2022 F350 SRW LBCC, 6.7PSD, 5th Wheel Prep, Spray-in Bed Liner, etc.......

Called Ford Marketing....They just say that it is "Unscheduled Clean" and NO PCO in system for me.

Welcome to the club, I ordered basically the same truck received confirmation 9/28 and have been adrift ever since.  

22 minutes ago, 35FordTudor said:

Making a change? For anyone knowing, I called my dealership yesterday to add the winch to the order, the call today was no. 

Ordered on December 4 and received the vin number and build date on December 9. The build date is scheduled for January 31 week. Is there a way this could be added?

Thanks for any help.

Winch is dealer installed. They should be able to order separately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scaryguy said:

I ordered a 7.3L F250 Lariat, Ultimate, with BOP on 11/17. I got my VIN a week later. It has been "in production" since 12/21.

Wow - that's quick.  Ordered a 7.3L F250 Lariat, Ultimate, Chrome, CC on Nov 11/21 - nothing yet.  Just dropped the spray-in bedliner so hoping that helps get it scheduled.

32 minutes ago, Marshmallow said:

Winch is dealer installed. They should be able to order separately.

Boy, you would think that they would have known this? Talked with sales guy and he’s the one that told me no. 
I’ll research this and I can order, install this myself at a later date, I’m handy capable.

Dealer called today and my truck is at the dealer. I asked him to inspect it for issues and he did. He said the rear bumper is off center by about an inch (they are fixing it) but everything else looks good. Having them take off the standard air dam and replace is with the Tremor air dam which is about 4'' shorter and doesn't look like a Dozer blade under the front bumper as well as the tremor paint to match fender flares and front window tint. Oh, and they are also putting the black walls of the tires facing out vs. the white lettering. I have the black out edition, not sure why ford puts white letter tires on them or at least facing out, least it not white walls.. 

He said it should be ready for pick up by Thursday. 

Original order was 8-9-21 F-250 6.7 FX4 lariat Metallic Gray black out,  ultimate with 5th wheel and goose neck. NO AS, no sunroof but pretty much everything else.   :shift:

• Like 2

I removed the AS from my F450 Platinum order in mid-December.  Today I emailed my dealer asking him to also remove the spray in bed liner in hopes I get scheduled a little sooner and he replied that my order went into "previewing" today and that I should leave the order as is since that usually means the order will be scheduled later this week.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I would be super stoked if I woke up to that glorious email on Thursday morning, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Edited by manko

3 hours ago, Josh_tree50 said:

Dealer just confirmed my truck finally arrived in Atlanta. It just has to get loaded on a truck and sent down to The dealer in Dothan Alabama. She said she’s had another truck sitting there over 3 weeks!!!

Sounds like maybe our trucks will be on the same auto transport. Mine got off the train in Atlanta a week ago (Jan 4) and needs a ride to Pensacola, FL. They could easily drop yours off on the way! Oh wait, that makes sense, never mind.

39 minutes ago, manko said:

I removed the AS from my F450 Platinum order in mid-December.  Today I emailed my dealer asking him to also remove the spray in bed liner in hopes I get scheduled a little sooner and he replied that my order went into "previewing" today and that I should leave the order as is since that usually means the order will be scheduled later this week.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I would be super stoked if I woke up to that glorious email on Thursday morning, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

keep me posted on your build. I spoke with my dealer yesterday with considering removing the spray in liner but haven’t made any decisions yet. If yours proceeds promptly, I will likely not remove it. 

17 hours ago, Forderorder said:

One week from order placed to VIN received?  That is fast.  I ordered a 6.7L 350 XL on October 21st (82 days ago) and am still UNSCHEDULED CLEAN.  I wonder if it's the 6.7L holding me up.  The XL surely has less microchips than your Lariat Ultimate.

I too have a 350 XL DRW 4X4 6.2 gas ordered. You are correct that there are less chips in it but also there is less profit. I have been following this forum since page 29 (July). I placed my fleet order on June 7. It appears only the high dollar trucks are being made. I still don't have a VIN and my original priority week was the 1st week in December. So if you want a truck faster spend $20k-$30k more and you'll get it. 

9 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Sounds like maybe our trucks will be on the same auto transport. Mine got off the train in Atlanta a week ago (Jan 4) and needs a ride to Pensacola, FL. They could easily drop yours off on the way! Oh wait, that makes sense, never mind.

I’d fly to Atlanta and pick it up if they’d let me! I don’t understand why that’s a problem if there is such a shortage of transporters. 

39 minutes ago, Josh_tree50 said:

I’d fly to Atlanta and pick it up if they’d let me! I don’t understand why that’s a problem if there is such a shortage of transporters. 

Many don’t realize this, but when I new vehicle arrives at the dealership, there is still a ton to be done. Many vehicles are in a transport mode, that limits various functions. They definitely need to have all fluids rechecked, wheel torque checked and a detail. The rail dust that accumulates over the miles can be really bad. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forderorder said:

My order is a retail order, not a fleet order.  Our orders are not fair to compare.

The point I was trying to make was that I have not seen very many (if any) XL models mentioned on the forum. Mostly just higher trim models. I hope you have a short wait. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

I too have a 350 XL DRW 4X4 6.2 gas ordered. You are correct that there are less chips in it but also there is less profit. I have been following this forum since page 29 (July). I placed my fleet order on June 7. It appears only the high dollar trucks are being made. I still don't have a VIN and my original priority week was the 1st week in December. So if you want a truck faster spend $20k-$30k more and you'll get it. 

I wouldn't say that higher trucks are the ones being made.  I ordered 31 Mar, F450 platinum and I still don't have it.  Dropped AS in Aug and it has been in production since 12/18.  I don't think the higher trim gets it built any faster.

16 hours ago, 35FordTudor said:

Thanks for any help.

Once you have a VIN you can't make changes.

I’m really happy to see folks starting to get their trucks or get one step closer to getting them. I ordered in October still radio silence on all fronts (ford email or dealer).

Hopefully one day I can share with the group I too took delivery or at the least received the production/vin email. Have a gut feeling my order will eventually get canceled and I’ll end up having to re order a MY 23. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, 35FordTudor said:

Thanks for any help.

You can't make changes to vehicle specifications on orders that are "locked in" for production. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aguyindallas said:

Many don’t realize this, but when I new vehicle arrives at the dealership, there is still a ton to be done. Many vehicles are in a transport mode, that limits various functions. They definitely need to have all fluids rechecked, wheel torque checked and a detail. The rail dust that accumulates over the miles can be really bad. 

I know all that I’m just being salty haha

Just ordered my 2022 F250 King Ranch on Monday, the wait begins.  I have only received a general order number from the dealer.  Will Ford send an official “order acceptance/confirmation”? In the email forwarded from the dealer, the COVP image showed mention receiving something within 72 hours.