2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

38 minutes ago, Skeet88 said:

That’s what I keep hearing. I have no clue how to find it when my dealer acts clueless and the customer service says they can’t see that info. 

Go to this link, just ensure you follow the rules and you have the number of required post within the BOF site.  As you are trying to find your VIN make sure you have your dealer number and your order number.  https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, txsd said:

Just ordered my 2022 F250 King Ranch on Monday, the wait begins.  I have only received a general order number from the dealer.  Will Ford send an official “order acceptance/confirmation”? In the email forwarded from the dealer, the COVP image showed mention receiving something within 72 hours.

I received my email confirmation from Ford within 30 minutes of leaving the dealership after signing the order

I placed an order on 10/19/21 for a 2022 F250 King Ranch 6.7L with factory spray in bedliner and the 5th wheel prep package. After reading about delays due to these two options on this forum and debating whether to drop them, I finally emailed my Build Manager and he said he would delete them from the order. He emailed back within 10 minutes saying that it would not let him amend the order at this time. He also stated that "they are trying to process 4 orders at the time". I assume he means Ford is trying to process four of that dealers orders.

Who knows? Maybe this means it is in process of being scheduled for production. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You can't make changes to vehicle specifications on orders that are "locked in" for production. 

I haven't received a VIN or scheduled for production email, but emailed dealer today to drop factory spray in bedliner and 5th wheel prep. He tried, but said it was not letting him amend the order. Also state that "they are trying to process 4 orders at this time, stay tuned". Can he see that Ford is processing four of his orders? Think a scheduled for production is imminent since it wouldn't let him alter the order?  Here's hoping... 

On 3/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, mink said:

So I ordered and paid a deposit for a 2022  super duty and else where I've read that in order to make sure that it's in the unscheduled order bank I should receive or have a    DORA  what does a dora look like and should I have one all ready?

I am curious about this as well.  I never signed anything, nor had to place a deposit.  I only got a screenshot of a page in COVP from the dealer with order tracking number, my name, order date, and an order number.  I didn’t receive anything to review the official order to make sure all options are correct.  

On 1/8/2022 at 6:55 AM, Ngwidener said:

Mine shipped 12/9 coming to GA with 12/27 ETA. Keeps getting pushed back and is now 1/13. Not sure if the date on the tracker means anything at this point. 

My situation seems exactly like yours.  Shipped same day with original ETA to GA, now at 1/13. Mine is stuck in Lawrenceville waiting to get a truck ride to Woodstock. I'm not holding my breath for tomorrow.

Edited by gnwes

Ordered a 2022 F250 SRW 7.3 Lariat Ultimate Black Appearance package with my local dealer the other day.  I placed the order for Carbonized Gray, but I am seriously considering switching to Rapid Red.  Any thoughts, I seem to see a lot of the CG out there but haven't seen a RR in person with the Black.  

4 hours ago, Jim58 said:

Go to this link, just ensure you follow the rules and you have the number of required post within the BOF site.  As you are trying to find your VIN make sure you have your dealer number and your order number.  https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Thanks! I can’t find where to post to that thread. Maybe once you have the required number of post it will show up. I’m new here. 

Just wondering:  I placed my order with a dealer that had just been purchased by a chain of dealers.  Can a chain move allocations around between dealerships?  Does the dealer priority set the priority for that dealer only, or for the larger chain?  Corwin dealers in the PNW, is an example.

1 hour ago, Skeet88 said:

Thanks! I can’t find where to post to that thread. Maybe once you have the required number of post it will show up. I’m new here. 

You need 15 post to be able to ask.  But should be a Red Button on right side “Start New Topic”. Just read the top post. 

Edited by Jim58
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, G8R said:

I haven't received a VIN or scheduled for production email, but emailed dealer today to drop factory spray in bedliner and 5th wheel prep. He tried, but said it was not letting him amend the order. Also state that "they are trying to process 4 orders at this time, stay tuned". Can he see that Ford is processing four of his orders? Think a scheduled for production is imminent since it wouldn't let him alter the order?  Here's hoping... 

Your Dealer is probably looking at the AM Preview Scheduling Report which may, repeat may, be previewing your vehicle as being selected for scheduling. If so, the order could be "locked in" and preventing changes.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boarslayer said:

I wouldn't say that higher trucks are the ones being made.  I ordered 31 Mar, F450 platinum and I still don't have it.  Dropped AS in Aug and it has been in production since 12/18.  I don't think the higher trim gets it built any faster.

The AS option held up a lot of builds! And it was known that option was holding up builds. So your clock started when you dropped it. My truck has been "Clean Unscheduled" since the day I placed my order. So I stick with my statement that higher trims (that are buildable) are being built before the lower trims (that are buildable) are being built. Why waste chips on low profit trucks? 

I am happy, no shocked, to tell you that I just got an email that my vehicle is scheduled for production week of Feb 14th.   

It was ordered on Oct 27th......  F250 Platinum, 6.7l, Anti-matter, roll-top bed cover, many options, (No adaptive steer or spray bed-liner),  rubber bed mat, ultimate tow package, moonroof, upfitter, well covers and flaps, 397 amp alternator..... to name a few

I was in for the long haul.....this is satisfying news......

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JT42 said:

I’m really happy to see folks starting to get their trucks or get one step closer to getting them. I ordered in October still radio silence on all fronts (ford email or dealer).

Hopefully one day I can share with the group I too took delivery or at the least received the production/vin email. Have a gut feeling my order will eventually get canceled and I’ll end up having to re order a MY 23. 

Well I guess I was a day to early on sharing my sob story about having no information.

Just got the email and vin that my Plat 6.7 Tremor is scheduled for production week of Feb 14th.

Had the dealer remove AS, 5th wheel and Spray in about a mont ago for those curious. 

Edit for timeline purposes: Order Confirmed via Email on 26-OCT 

Edited by JT42
More info
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, FordTruckFan said:

I ordered a 7.3L F350 Lariat, Ultimate, on 11/12.  I received email confirmation but that is all.  My dealer says that he has not heard anything or received VIN or VVR.  I ordered with the 5th wheel prep package.  That is the only thing that I have seen on this thread that might be causing the hold up.  Has anyone that ordered the 5th wheel prep on a later order date than 11/12, received a build date?

I just received the scheduled production email.  It is scheduled for the week of Feb 28.  That will be a little over 15 weeks from order date.  I hope Ford doesn't delay it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoots said:

I am happy, no shocked, to tell you that I just got an email that my vehicle is scheduled for production week of Feb 14th.   

It was ordered on Oct 27th......  F250 Platinum, 6.7l, Anti-matter, roll-top bed cover, many options, (No adaptive steer or spray bed-liner),  rubber bed mat, ultimate tow package, moonroof, upfitter, well covers and flaps, 397 amp alternator..... to name a few

I was in for the long haul.....this is satisfying news......

Same here! Similar build, F250 Platinum, 6.7, etc. but no AS, no bedliner, no 5th wheel prep, did keep the bed cover. Ordered 9/3, scheduled today for week of 2/14. Been sitting at 02 priority for a while now, happy to finally get scheduled. With some luck, perhaps I'll see the truck sometime in March, although April or May probably at current rates.

• Like 1