2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

57 minutes ago, CBears said:

So glad to hear that you got scheduled today.  Sadly, another Thursday passes me by.  I'm beginning to think my little cheap XLT just isn't a priority for them.

I have an XLT ordered in the beginning of September. Scheduled beginning of December and now sitting a few hours away from the dealer for the past week. I don't think trim has much to do with it.  Seems they do what's best to get the most trucks completed as possible 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, almostcammy said:

I certainly hope they aren't prioritizing by trim level, but I have to believe we aren't getting the full story on why some trucks are taking so long to schedule.

Just a thought though, I suspect that my original order for an XL/STX with the UTT package would have been passed over indefinitely because there was a note from around June/July stating none would be built until further notice (XLT with UTT but the XL is vastly similar). Did you spec UTT on your XLT? 

No, I don't have the UTT on mine.  I do have the dreaded bed liner and hard tonneau though.  The problem is I REALLY want those two things to come from the factory.  I'm not wanting something like that done after arrival if possible.  There are so many things that can happen with major additions after the build and purchase.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dakkat720 said:

I have an XLT ordered in the beginning of September. Scheduled beginning of December and now sitting a few hours away from the dealer for the past week. I don't think trim has much to do with it.  Seems they do what's best to get the most trucks completed as possible 

Man I hope you are right.

17 minutes ago, CBears said:

No, I don't have the UTT on mine.  I do have the dreaded bed liner and hard tonneau though.  The problem is I REALLY want those two things to come from the factory.  I'm not wanting something like that done after arrival if possible.  There are so many things that can happen with major additions after the build and purchase.

I agree with you on the factory bed liner. I've had it in my last two Tundras. The quality is great, and you get a debossed logo at the front of the bed (not sure if Ford does the same). The tonneau cover is an easy aftermarket addition, IMHO

50 minutes ago, Josh_tree50 said:

Finally got the text I’ve been waiting for since September! SHE’S HERE! I pick her up tomorrow!

Glad to see that some people are getting their deliveries. My truck is stuck on the train somewhere in Minot, ND because of a "Conveyance Mechanical Failure". Who is in charge of BNSF Railways, I want to file a complaint!! ?

HeadOnDesk.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

My King Ranch isn’t built. Going on 5 1/2 months.  Not sure the upper trims are being built first.

Ordered 7/13/221

F250 Lariat

Black apperance package

Lariat Ultimate package

Moonroof

Agate Black

Still no build date 

Unschedualed clean for quite a while

32 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Glad to see that some people are getting their deliveries. My truck is stuck on the train somewhere in Minot, ND because of a "Conveyance Mechanical Failure". Who is in charge of BNSF Railways, I want to file a complaint!! ?

HeadOnDesk.gif

BNSF is dealing with avalanches in Montana so that line shut down. They probably decided not to reroute your train so its rusting to the rail waiting for the tracks to be cleared. 

I am not sure a separate thread should be made about this, but looking for advice on my recent order.

I mentioned in another thread I never received an order preview sheet to confirm specs.  This was for an order made on Monday.  I have been asking for it, and they haven’t supplied it, which has been making me nervous.

I called them today asking about why I haven’t received order confirmation from Ford yet if they added my name to the COVP order as was already requested/confirmed.  They made claims about Ford not being very good about that with Super Duties and them not being a large dealer (but they are high volume) with fancy tools, whatever that means.  I said I needed something to make sure the order has been submitted with the correct specs. 

They did end up sending me the below (attached to post).  The status of the latest says “Order #### has been submitted to the order bank”.  Is this the status prior to seeing “unscheduled - clean” or what do I take from this?

status.pdf

35 minutes ago, txsd said:

I am not sure a separate thread should be made about this, but looking for advice on my recent order.

I mentioned in another thread I never received an order preview sheet to confirm specs.  This was for an order made on Monday.  I have been asking for it, and they haven’t supplied it, which has been making me nervous.

I called them today asking about why I haven’t received order confirmation from Ford yet if they added my name to the COVP order as was already requested/confirmed.  They made claims about Ford not being very good about that with Super Duties and them not being a large dealer (but they are high volume) with fancy tools, whatever that means.  I said I needed something to make sure the order has been submitted with the correct specs. 

They did end up sending me the below (attached to post).  The status of the latest says “Order #### has been submitted to the order bank”.  Is this the status prior to seeing “unscheduled - clean” or what do I take from this?

status.pdf

All I know is, that is not what mine looked like.  That almost looks like some sort of internal system screen print to me.

19 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

I'm guessing that is the older CONCEPS system as described here: 

I am thinking the same thing, but they did request my DL for submitting the order.  If they used the old CONCEPS system, does that mean my order will have less priority than those that go through COVP?  Perhaps I am confused though in that they may have still used COVP, but just that the ordering system itself is different/older.

19 minutes ago, txsd said:

I am thinking the same thing, but they did request my DL for submitting the order.  If they used the old CONCEPS system, does that mean my order will have less priority than those that go through COVP?  Perhaps I am confused though in that they may have still used COVP, but just that the ordering system itself is different/older.

CONCEPS and WBDO are the two systems to submit an order.  COVP is not a system to submit an order, it is a procedure to verify that an order came from a legitimate customer.  I think you understand it correctly based on your very last sentence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, almostcammy said:

I agree with you on the factory bed liner. I've had it in my last two Tundras. The quality is great, and you get a debossed logo at the front of the bed (not sure if Ford does the same). The tonneau cover is an easy aftermarket addition, IMHO

Not so worried about the logo, but I really like the quality. I tried to delete it yesterday, but the order was locked. Thought that might mean I get an email today, but no such luck

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

CONCEPS and WBDO are the two systems to submit an order.  COVP is not a system to submit an order, it is a procedure to verify that an order came from a legitimate customer.  I think you understand it correctly based on your very last sentence.

Thank you for the clarification.

Is there a way to get a status update for orders submitted using CONCEPS that will display options in human readable language (instead of codes)?  I can see and confirm the options prior to the submission to the order bank in that output, but then the status that is displayed on confirmation of submission to the order bank just shows the codes for options.

2 hours ago, asull85 said:

BNSF is dealing with avalanches in Montana so that line shut down. They probably decided not to reroute your train so its rusting to the rail waiting for the tracks to be cleared. 

You are probably right. I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass was shut both directions for four days due to avalanche control. BNSF can't do much rerouting from Minot anyway. They can go south to Laurel via Snowden/Terry, MT, and another location around Great Falls, but that's about it. 

automotive-map-0.png

Finally!!!  After 22 weeks on the waiting list (ordered July 29th), I finally got tired of gently nudging my dealer, and went more for the direct shove approach.  Told them to either drop the three items I suspected were holding up my order, or I would go place one someplace else.  Original order is 250 crew, lariat value, 4x4, 7.3, 3.55 locker, carpet delete, 5th wheel/gooseneck prep and gooseneck hitch, bed liner, bed cover.  Tuesday they changed the order dropping the hitch/hitch prep, bed liner, and bed cover.  I was told I would lose the priority code 2 that I had, and would be back to a priority code 10.  That was two days ago, and miracle of miracles, angels sang this morning as I opened my email.  Scheduled for February 28th.  It is a mix or emotion between elation that my truck is finally scheduled, and pissed that its going to wind up being almost 8 months by the time i get my truck, assuming there are no other hang ups along the way.

85C6EC7D-FC7C-416E-9025-0D2DBD413416.jpeg

4FF8B2B5-5D79-4FC2-ADE7-A9853A26AF8B.jpeg

D5FDD28F-F9CC-4050-BF75-079F1D369083.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MicroMan said:

“No updates to report” is what I have been getting every month since November 

Well that’s less than 2 months……..

They should at least tell you the priority and an estimated date of some kind,  if not then escalate,

• Like 1