2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I know the world is a mess. I really thought it would have been easier to spend 70k bucks on a truck and not wait 5 months. 

Im sure Ford is doing all they can. 

Sometimes it would be nice for a person to say Mr. Pack we have x amount of trucks ahead of yours or we are waiting on parts before we pick your build date or something. Just something in the meantime. A personal reply.

Rant complete.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, txsd said:

I am not sure a separate thread should be made about this, but looking for advice on my recent order.

I mentioned in another thread I never received an order preview sheet to confirm specs.  This was for an order made on Monday.  I have been asking for it, and they haven’t supplied it, which has been making me nervous.

I called them today asking about why I haven’t received order confirmation from Ford yet if they added my name to the COVP order as was already requested/confirmed.  They made claims about Ford not being very good about that with Super Duties and them not being a large dealer (but they are high volume) with fancy tools, whatever that means.  I said I needed something to make sure the order has been submitted with the correct specs. 

They did end up sending me the below (attached to post).  The status of the latest says “Order #### has been submitted to the order bank”.  Is this the status prior to seeing “unscheduled - clean” or what do I take from this?

status.pdf

Your Dealer is either too dumb, lazy, can't be bothered or simply doesn't know what they're doing!

To confirm your vehicle specifications, the Dealer should have sent you a copy of the order preview screen from the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. Your file is from the old CONCEPS ordering system which should only be used for fleet orders. 

Super Duty orders are handled the same way as the orders for any other vehicle line. And it makes no difference how large the dealership is, as all Dealers have access to the same tools and resources.

WBDO_Order Preview.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer is either too dumb, lazy, can't be bothered or simply doesn't know what they're doing!

To confirm your vehicle specifications, the Dealer should have sent you a copy of the order preview screen from the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. Your file is from the old CONCEPS ordering system which should only be used for fleet orders. 

Super Duty orders are handled the same way as the orders for any other vehicle line. And it makes no difference how large the dealership is, as all Dealers have access to the same tools and resources.

WBDO_Order Preview.jpg

They are super responsive and willing to try and understand what I need, but I get the feeling they are set in their old ways of doing things.

I wondered too if they had submitted a fleet order at first as the earliest time stamp from their output showed priority code 20.  However, on the time stamp from a few hours later where it says the order was submitted to the order bank, priority was showing 15.  The order “type” is showing “1”, is that retail in the old CONCEPS?

38 minutes ago, txsd said:

They are super responsive and willing to try and understand what I need, but I get the feeling they are set in their old ways of doing things.

I wondered too if they had submitted a fleet order at first as the earliest time stamp from their output showed priority code 20.  However, on the time stamp from a few hours later where it says the order was submitted to the order bank, priority was showing 15.  The order “type” is showing “1”, is that retail in the old CONCEPS?

Priority code 20 is for stock orders only. Priority code 15 is for retail orders which can be 10-19. All retail orders are "Type 1" regardless of whether the order was submitted via CONCEPS or WBDO.  

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:11 PM, Ngwidener said:

Mine shipped 12/9 and has been sitting in ATL an hour from the dealer since 12/14. Shortage of drivers I guess ?

Let me get this straight. Your truck is sitting somewhere an hour away from your dealer for almost a month now? I’ve see stories of shipping delays on this forum, but this…

Edited by BigDutyDiesel
Typo

2 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Let me get this straight. Your truck is sitting somewhere an hour away from your dealer for almost a month now? I’ve see stories of shipping delays on this forum, but this…

Mine spent 3.5 weeks sitting in a rail yard 60 miles from my dealer as well. Waiting on final transport. I tried many avenues to arrange private transport but it was an impossible mission(im in the automotive industry as well and have many connections and contacts in the transport world, but it was still a bust).

Edited by mattdm
  • Angry 1

20 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

My King Ranch isn’t built. Going on 5 1/2 months.  Not sure the upper trims are being built first.

Maybe the people with XL/XLT don't post as much as the upper end buyers. I went back to the 1st page of this topic and they're very few mentions of XL/XLT orders in the posts. SO maybe they are all (XL/XLT) being built so fast the buyers don't have time to post about them? Since I'm the "Black Sheep" here with a fleet order I may be the exception to the rule on XLs being built first. With the amount I'm saving using the fleet discount I can afford to wait a while. I don't like it, but I can wait.

22 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Maybe the people with XL/XLT don't post as much as the upper end buyers. I went back to the 1st page of this topic and they're very few mentions of XL/XLT orders in the posts. SO maybe they are all (XL/XLT) being built so fast the buyers don't have time to post about them? Since I'm the "Black Sheep" here with a fleet order I may be the exception to the rule on XLs being built first. With the amount I'm saving using the fleet discount I can afford to wait a while. I don't like it, but I can wait.

? I posted back on pg 192.  I'm an XL, but unlike you I'm retail.  I got scheduled to week yesterday.  Ordered in October

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Mine is the same way. Sitting an hour away from my dealer since mid december.

10 hours ago, mattdm said:

Mine spent 3.5 weeks sitting in a rail yard 60 miles from my dealer as well. Waiting on final transport. I tried many avenues to arrange private transport but it was an impossible mission(im in the automotive industry as well and have many connections and contacts in the transport world, but it was still a bust).

Same here, but i don't recall how long my delay was, but I even tried going through the security company, and that didn't even work.

4 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

I just ordered a 2022 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4x2 7.3, Premium with Chrome package, and 5th wheel prep on January 8th.  I know I probably won’t see any update anytime soon but I will definitely post something if I get an update. 

Edited by OldManJax
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gnwes said:

Mine is the same way. Sitting an hour away from my dealer since mid december.

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

Same here, but i don't recall how long my delay was, but I even tried going through the security company, and that didn't even work.

12 hours ago, mattdm said:

Is it as OP stated a problem of finding drivers for the last leg of the trip to the dealer? I understand a truck waiting a month near the factory for a microchip, but waiting a month after it has been dropped of the train, i just did not think something like could happen.

Edited by BigDutyDiesel
Typo

Hi guys, the pictures below show scratches on the tailgate of my 2022 f450 lariot.  When I open the tailgate the bottom makes contact with the plastic on the bumper at two spots causing the scratches you see in the pictures.  Check your trucks as this looks like a manufacturer defect.

20220114_142929.jpg

20220114_142925.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 9:46 AM, Forderorder said:

I also just got scheduled to week.  Ordered late Oct.  350 XL CCSB.  Has 5th wheel prep pkg

I wonder why so many problems with the bumpers.  There is a separate thread about defects and lots more bumper-related complaints there.

Edited by Forderorder

Today my dealer sent a current VVR, confused by the status date and why it has not progressed. She has put a call into her area Ford reps to find out. I suspect a chip hold but am confused by the lack up updates too. I tried pulling the AS Built data file but it is incomplete, not sure when it is generated. 

10/29/2021: Order confirmed

11/18/2021: Scheduled for production 12/20/2021

cyberdman searched and found "scheduled to start production on 12/21, but it has not started"

661733722_ScreenShot2022-01-14at3_31_02PM.thumb.png.0bdda4898909e16f743d5717528e95de.png

1882974853_ScreenShot2022-01-14at3_59_36PM.thumb.png.18e40259ac1be319c5e9bf5071381e45.png

Edited by menasco

7 hours ago, Amacron said:

Ordered my F350 platinum on Sept 1st. Dropped AS IN Oct.  has a sprayin bed liner, 5th wheel prep pack 6.7 , 3.55 rear end

just got my vin Jan 13th. Scheduled the week of Feb 28th 

I have very similar build except Lariat. Ordered Sept 21st. Keeping fingers ? 

3 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Is it as OP stated a problem of finding drivers for the last leg of the trip to the dealer? I understand a truck waiting a month near the factory for a microchip, but waiting a month after it has been dropped of the train, i just did not think something like could happen.

At first i was told it had to wait for a full transport load to my dealership(made sense). Then later I was told they had over 30 cars sitting there waiting to be delivered. Nobody really knew why it was taking so long it seemed like. Could not even get an accurate date it was simply "itll be here when it gets here". To my dealers credit my salesman did call me literally as the transport pulled into their lot. I Asked him to snap a pic for me at the end of our call and in the pictures they are still unstrapping 

Was the most frustrating part of the whole experience for me because it was not expected.