2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hello , kind of nice to see I’m not the only one waiting for my truck that is very close by. My truck has supposedly been ks city for a month. My question to you all, does the ford vehicle tracking still work for your trucks? When I do it it says “not a valid vin”. Very frustrating!

On 1/6/2022 at 12:57 AM, AtlasBlue350 said:

If you ordered your truck on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork to prove it, then you are under Ford's Price Protection:

"Automatic Price protection will be provided on: Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021".

Since my truck was ordered back in September, I would like to see my dealer try to spring this on me.

Is there an actual Ford document that can be referenced for this price protection? My truck was ordered in July and finally showed up yesterday and when I went to pick it up today the dealer had included both price increases (August and December) in the price. When I objected, they said there was no such thing as price protection. So now my truck is still sitting at the dealer because I refused to pay the extra $1,545 and the dealer didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Of course, the huge difference in what we each think my trade is worth isn't helping anything either. If anyone can give me a specific reference to the Ford policy about price protection that the dealer can read, I would greatly appreciate it!! @ice-capades do you have something I can refer them to????

58 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Is there an actual Ford document that can be referenced for this price protection? My truck was ordered in July and finally showed up yesterday and when I went to pick it up today the dealer had included both price increases (August and December) in the price. When I objected, they said there was no such thing as price protection. So now my truck is still sitting at the dealer because I refused to pay the extra $1,545 and the dealer didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Of course, the huge difference in what we each think my trade is worth isn't helping anything either. If anyone can give me a specific reference to the Ford policy about price protection that the dealer can read, I would greatly appreciate it!! @ice-capades do you have something I can refer them to????

I was told by my Ford dealer that a memo was sent out that if dealerships charged increases, that they would not be selling Frieda anymore. 
just what I heard. Don’t know if it is true. 

1 hour ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

I was told by my Ford dealer that a memo was sent out that if dealerships charged increases, that they would not be selling Frieda anymore. 

From the many posts in this thread talking about dealers passing on the price increases there may not be many dealers left if Ford were to cut them all off.

7 hours ago, menasco said:

Today my dealer sent a current VVR, confused by the status date and why it has not progressed. She has put a call into her area Ford reps to find out. I suspect a chip hold but am confused by the lack up updates too. I tried pulling the AS Built data file but it is incomplete, not sure when it is generated. 

10/29/2021: Order confirmed

11/18/2021: Scheduled for production 12/20/2021

cyberdman searched and found "scheduled to start production on 12/21, but it has not started"

661733722_ScreenShot2022-01-14at3_31_02PM.thumb.png.0bdda4898909e16f743d5717528e95de.png

1882974853_ScreenShot2022-01-14at3_59_36PM.thumb.png.18e40259ac1be319c5e9bf5071381e45.png

I’ve got the exact same situation and exact same dates except ordered 10/26. I’m thinking we just didn’t get built before plant shutdown. Hopefully find something out next week when plant opens back up

3 hours ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

Good grief.  That was about adding reservation fees for F150 Lightnings,  nothing to do with ADMs or price increases.

17 hours ago, Amacron said:

Ordered my F350 platinum on Sept 1st. Dropped AS IN Oct.  has a sprayin bed liner, 5th wheel prep pack 6.7 , 3.55 rear end

just got my vin Jan 13th. Scheduled the week of Feb 28th 

I also have a similar build. But I ordered a lariat on May 21st. All I get told is spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep is holding me up. I'm priority 2

Edited by danielj

5 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

I had screenshot this on page 187 awhile ago. Just in case, I have to refer back to it. Go there and click on the link. Hope this helps. Congrats on your truck! I ordered on 9/25 and still waiting on a build date on my end.

Screenshot_20220106-163601_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

The information and thread about the price protection came from this location on the BOF:

Scroll down in the thread and you will find the post from ice with the price increase information dated December 8th.

I know this is official information and I printed it out to show my dealer for the time I go pick up my truck. However, it's not the actual letter or memo sent to dealers informing them of the price increases along with the Price Protection info. @ice-capades do you happen to have a copy of that actual document you could upload to the forum? I think that would do more to convince a dealer that it's official.

Edited by AtlasBlue350

9 hours ago, Adirondex said:

GM at my Ford store said, if deal/order was made prior to December 8 you're locked in. Anything else you're SOL

Pretty simple.

So i ordered December 17th & we signed a official paper copy. For the price i will be paying and i still have that paper. You’re saying that paper i have signed from when i ordered the truck is useless that they can charge me whatever they want when it gets in?

11 hours ago, StevenD19 said:

I’ve got the exact same situation and exact same dates except ordered 10/26. I’m thinking we just didn’t get built before plant shutdown. Hopefully find something out next week when plant opens back up

I posted this to see if there was another build in the same situation. My hope is it is a chip hold and gets cleared up soon.

27 minutes ago, Truss57 said:

So when reading this letters it refers to trucks ordered in 2021.  WHen I place my order this week will I be price protected going forward?? Thanks!!

Retail factory orders are price protected to the date of the original order. Ford's retail order price protection has been in effect for decades. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Thank-you very much for these!! I'm going to forward these to the dealer and see if they can get a clue. I've already sent them copies of your posts in the Retail Price Increase thread as well as your excellent explanation of how the system is supposed to work. I don't know if they have even read my email I sent this morning with those items but at this point it won't surprise me if they still insist they can't or won't take the increases off. I see that they already have my truck on their website and there were two people looking at it yesterday while I was inside fighting with them over the price (before I got pissed and had to leave). I sent a reminder to them last night to document that I have a 7 day right of refusal that they generated and made me sign when I ordered in July so hopefully they stick to that.

And I am firmly in the same group about dealers like this!!

At one point my salesman did ask me if I had an email from Ford saying I was price protected. I thought it was ironic he would ask me that since Ford obviously isn't emailing all of their order holders that they are raising the price so why would we have something saying we are protected. But it would be a great idea if we did a get something informing us that we were price protected since we have no control over how long the order process will take or when price increases might occur. And if everyone is on the same page there isn't much room for the dealer to dispute it.

Ford shouldn't have to notify customers about the price protection policy. It's been in place for decades and is a simple accounting adjustment between the Dealer and Ford. Any Dealer that claims ignorance about the price protection policy doesn't deserve to be in the business and is just lying to their customer. And there's no reason for any delay in delivering a customer's retail factory order as the price protection adjustment process between the Dealer and Ford is simple and straightforward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Browneyes033 said:

I ordered retail back in April with and F450 XLT and I still don't have a build date they have been building all the upper end F450s ordered after me

Has your truck had to wait on any components (AS, dually bed, axle) since you placed the order? In some prior posts I saw where the 450s had some shortages. My salesman was honest with me and told me my fleet XL has very little profit for Ford so there is a good chance I will be built last... or cancelled. I contact my salesman at least once or twice a month to check on my order. According to him I have been "Unscheduled/Clean" since mfging started. I do believe Ford is building the high-end trucks first to maximize profits. If I had known back in June that fleet orders were going last, I would have never ordered a Ford. 

4 hours ago, menasco said:

I posted this to see if there was another build in the same situation. My hope is it is a chip hold and gets cleared up soon.

Yeah same here, at least it’s still showing as in plant and not sent off to some holding lot/ramp. So hopefully we’ll be some of the first completed when they open up on Monday.

What batch are you in? Here’s mine from top of window sticker. 

0A2D7D56-1D64-4810-8DF0-79AE8A62FD57.jpeg.a3ec4fee3073f13bbe3fd4bb89114163.jpeg

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Words cannot describe how I feel about Dealers like this! 

Here are the notices that were available to all Dealers via the FMCDealer.com portal. Ford's retail order price protection has existed for decades.

Ford_EFC09341_Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-08-23.pdf

Ford_EFC09620 Ford Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-12-08.pdf

Thanks buddy, just screen shot these just incase. Ordered mine 11-11

Much appreciated!

7 hours ago, Max4wKR said:

So i ordered December 17th & we signed a official paper copy. For the price i will be paying and i still have that paper. You’re saying that paper i have signed from when i ordered the truck is useless that they can charge me whatever they want when it gets in?

I'm sure you read the following by now ...

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 8, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
•  Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December
7, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021.

•  Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract
agreement or bid date.

4 hours ago, StevenD19 said:

Yeah same here, at least it’s still showing as in plant and not sent off to some holding lot/ramp. So hopefully we’ll be some of the first completed when they open up on Monday.

What batch are you in? Here’s mine from top of window sticker. 

0A2D7D56-1D64-4810-8DF0-79AE8A62FD57.jpeg.a3ec4fee3073f13bbe3fd4bb89114163.jpeg

Here is mine. I downloaded the sticker multiple times and the date at the bottom has changed a couple times, the latest date us 01/10/2022.

838405009_ScreenShot2022-01-15at7_08_00PM.png.2f891a88d0e25316bc42f956cbdf491f.png

9 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

. I see that they already have my truck on their website and there were two people looking at it yesterday while I was inside fighting with them over the price (before I got pissed and had to leave)

Ford should force the dealers that pull this crap to pay you $100 per mile someone else test drove your truck if they are found to be in error. And be responsible for any and all scuffs and scratches or damages found. Dealers will be more willing to do the accounting correctly.