2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 hours ago, danielj said:

Ford should force the dealers that pull this crap to pay you $100 per mile someone else test drove your truck if they are found to be in error. And be responsible for any and all scuffs and scratches or damages found. Dealers will be more willing to do the accounting correctly.  

I did make a note of the mileage when I was there Friday for the first round of negotiations. I actually thought it was already a bit high at 21.5 miles but I think they took it off-site to fill it with fuel so that is probably where the extra mileage comes from.

Edit - and it also had to go over to GFX for the bedliner and 5th wheel prep while it was still in KY. But I think GFX is literally right across the road from the plant.

Edited by FL Lariat Driver

For those of you following along with my price protection saga, here's an update. Because I ordered in July and the truck wasn't available for delivery until January 14, there had been two Super Duty price increases - one in August and the second in December totaling $1,545. The dealer initially included the increases in the price I was being charged and refused to remove them. After much aggravation and me trying to convince them they were ever so wrong on Friday, I left the dealership before I got to the point of going crazy. Then Saturday morning, emailed them the first of ice-capade's posts. More back-and-forth and by mid-day I had sent them the actual letters provided by ice. By early evening, I finally prevailed and they agreed to remove both price increases. I owe a significant amount of gratitude to @ice-capades for posting the actual Ford letters that supported my position. I initially saved his excellent post from the Retail Price Increase thread that explained the price protection program and his two posts of the actual price increases that stated the price protection and sent all of those to the dealer. Those were met with a luke warm "we'll look into it" response. Then ice came through again and posted the actual letters. I sent those to the dealer and about four hours later, with no more excuses to hide behind, they agreed to remove both price increases. I have yet to see how they "removed" the $1,545 so I don't know if they will try to stick me with the sales tax on it or if they will actually reduce the top line price of the vehicle. Now, we are still arguing about the trade value they propose but that is just a game of chicken at this point. If I didn't have 5 and a half months of wait time invested, I would have walked away in a heartbeat yesterday. I'm fortunate enough to not be in a position where I have to have the truck for work and my current 2018 F-150 Lariat is fully capable of everything I need it to do. The F-250 was intended to give us more RV towing flexibility and allow for a possible 5th wheel RV upgrade in the future.

If the dealer and I can finally reach an agreement on a reasonable trade and make a deal next Tuesday, when my salesman gets back from his long weekend, I'll be sure to let you know and I'll definitely post pics!

For those of you about to get trucks delivered, have your information guns loaded with the facts and don't let them play stupid. The resources on this forum are awesome!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

I did make a note of the mileage when I was there Friday for the first round of negotiations. I actually thought it was already a bit high at 21.5 miles but I think they took it off-site to fill it with fuel so that is probably where the extra mileage comes from.

Honestly I don't know what a special ordered truck miles should have on it when you pick it up. I heard 5 miles. But I would not quote that. 21.5 miles sounds high to me. Unless they are more then 5 miles from a fuel station.

Does anyone else have some insight on what the milage "should be" on pickup of a special order truck?

Or what the milage "was" on pickup for some that already got their trucks?

55 minutes ago, danielj said:

Honestly I don't know what a special ordered truck miles should have on it when you pick it up. I heard 5 miles. But I would not quote that. 21.5 miles sounds high to me. Unless they are more then 5 miles from a fuel station.

Does anyone else have some insight on what the milage "should be" on pickup of a special order truck?

Or what the milage "was" on pickup for some that already got their trucks?

Mine had 7.5 on it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

For those of you following along with my price protection saga, here's an update. Because I ordered in July and the truck wasn't available for delivery until January 14, there had been two Super Duty price increases - one in August and the second in December totaling $1,545. The dealer initially included the increases in the price I was being charged and refused to remove them. After much aggravation and me trying to convince them they were ever so wrong on Friday, I left the dealership before I got to the point of going crazy. Then Saturday morning, emailed them the first of ice-capade's posts. More back-and-forth and by mid-day I had sent them the actual letters provided by ice. By early evening, I finally prevailed and they agreed to remove both price increases. I owe a significant amount of gratitude to @ice-capades for posting the actual Ford letters that supported my position. I initially saved his excellent post from the Retail Price Increase thread that explained the price protection program and his two posts of the actual price increases that stated the price protection and sent all of those to the dealer. Those were met with a luke warm "we'll look into it" response. Then ice came through again and posted the actual letters. I sent those to the dealer and about four hours later, with no more excuses to hide behind, they agreed to remove both price increases. I have yet to see how they "removed" the $1,545 so I don't know if they will try to stick me with the sales tax on it or if they will actually reduce the top line price of the vehicle. Now, we are still arguing about the trade value they propose but that is just a game of chicken at this point. If I didn't have 5 and a half months of wait time invested, I would have walked away in a heartbeat yesterday. I'm fortunate enough to not be in a position where I have to have the truck for work and my current 2018 F-150 Lariat is fully capable of everything I need it to do. The F-250 was intended to give us more RV towing flexibility and allow for a possible 5th wheel RV upgrade in the future.

If the dealer and I can finally reach an agreement on a reasonable trade and make a deal next Tuesday, when my salesman gets back from his long weekend, I'll be sure to let you know and I'll definitely post pics!

For those of you about to get trucks delivered, have your information guns loaded with the facts and don't let them play stupid. The resources on this forum are awesome!

I'm glad you stuck to your guns and finally got this resolved with the dealer. Honestly, I think your dealer knew all along about the price protection but was just too damn lazy or greedy to apply it. My F350 is still on the tracks but I'm hoping it will arrive in the next week or so. When it does, it will be interesting to see how much dancing the dealer and I will have to do also. So far they haven't mentioned a word about MSRP price increases. As far as the trade-in, fortunately the agreed trade-in value is already listed on the sales agreement.

• Like 1

Dealers need to come to the realization that customers arent stupid and can easily get information and supporting documents when the dealer is trying to game customers.

I had to argue the dealer documentation fee on my x plan purchases recently,2. They were demanding $299 ea doc fee, when Ford sets fees at $100 ea. Ford will even pay the difference per contract wording. At first the dealers excuse was that all customers have to pay the fee. After pointing out the agreement they have with ford, they agreed to give me $400 additional vehicle discounts but left the fee in place. That made the bottom line a wash so that was satisfactory to me. Not exactly the x plan agreement but workable.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

If you have navigation, you could check the breadcrumbs and see where it went.

17 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

When i ordered my truck, I made the sales manager print out the order sheet from the ordering system.  I then had them hand write the price they were going to charge me for the truck and label it as such.  Then I had the sales manager sign it so that I have a signed price offer for the truck I ordered.  A while back I ordered a Jeep Wrangler.  If I had not had them hand write and sign their offer, I would have had to pay more when that one came in also.  At least where I'm at, that signature is GOLD.

11 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I'm glad you stuck to your guns and finally got this resolved with the dealer. Honestly, I think your dealer knew all along about the price protection but was just too damn lazy or greedy to apply it. My F350 is still on the tracks but I'm hoping it will arrive in the next week or so. When it does, it will be interesting to see how much dancing the dealer and I will have to do also. So far they haven't mentioned a word about MSRP price increases. As far as the trade-in, fortunately the agreed trade-in value is already listed on the sales agreement.

Mine never said a word about the price increases either, even when they included it in the price. They just put it in there and hoped I wouldn't notice or thought I wouldn't care.

Unfortunately, when I ordered 6 months ago the used market was going crazy, so the dealer wasn't even saying the words trade-in value then. They told me it would have to be done when the new truck arrived, which I fully understood but I wasn't crazy about the idea of not knowing the bottom number for all that time. And it gave the dealer that much more leverage against me because when the truck finally arrived, they figured I would have waited however many months and would be much less inclined to bail out. That and the 6 month interest-free loan I had to give them (they called it a deposit).

I can't wait for the part where the salesman asks me to give him and the dealership a Five Star review. I'm going to bite my lip to keep from laughing at him.

1 hour ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

I can't wait for the part where the salesman asks me to give him and the dealership a Five Star review. I'm going to bite my lip to keep from laughing at him.

I felt the same way when I bought my wife’s new Ranger. Salesman didn’t do anything but give everything to Sales manager and refused to budge a penny on anything. Then F&I guy tried to rape us on ESP ($5600 vs $1475 at Flood). And told me he was loosing money on it. So I just deleted the review emails. 

1 hour ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

That and the 6 month interest-free loan I had to give them (they called it a deposit).

If they called it a deposit then it cost you 6% more. Trade in takes off the cost of the vehicle and you don't pay sales tax for amount taken off for trade in. Deposit is same as cash. You pay taxes on that. 

I bet they did the accounting as trade in and made yours a deposit to pocket the extra taxes

Unless your not talking about your trade in...

Edited by danielj

2 hours ago, danielj said:

If they called it a deposit then it cost you 6% more. Trade in takes off the cost of the vehicle and you don't pay sales tax for amount taken off for trade in. Deposit is same as cash. You pay taxes on that. 

I bet they did the accounting as trade in and made yours a deposit to pocket the extra taxes

Unless your not talking about your trade in...

No I'm talking about the actual cash deposit I made with the order.

The trade hasn't happened yet. We are still in the negotiation stage on that. In other words - I'm trying to get them to come up from a less than auction number and they are not moving at all. I'm pretty sure they can outlast me on the trade though because I have to close the deal within 7 days of 1/14/22 or they can sell it to the next person in line.

17 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

The trade hasn't happened yet. We are still in the negotiation stage on that. In other words - I'm trying to get them to come up from a less than auction number and they are not moving at all. I'm pretty sure they can outlast me on the trade though because I have to close the deal within 7 days of 1/14/22 or they can sell it to the next person in line.

Maybe private sale. If you have a friend or family that will buy it for trade value + 6%. Why give the dealer trying to screw you already a killer deal on your truck. 

I guess it depends on if you want a fast sale or not. 

22 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Try selling to another dealer. Doesn't have to be a Ford dealer. Carmax??  Just remember not trading in for the new truck will increase your taxes on the sale so account for that difference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CBears said:

When i ordered my truck, I made the sales manager print out the order sheet from the ordering system.  I then had them hand write the price they were going to charge me for the truck and label it as such.  Then I had the sales manager sign it so that I have a signed price offer for the truck I ordered.  A while back I ordered a Jeep Wrangler.  If I had not had them hand write and sign their offer, I would have had to pay more when that one came in also.  At least where I'm at, that signature is GOLD.

Same here, even before the order was submitted, we agreed trade-in value and the net cost of the new truck, including all documentation costs and taxes. All on paper and signed.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:55 PM, ice-capades said:

Ford shouldn't have to notify customers about the price protection policy. It's been in place for decades and is a simple accounting adjustment between the Dealer and Ford. Any Dealer that claims ignorance about the price protection policy doesn't deserve to be in the business and is just lying to their customer. And there's no reason for any delay in delivering a customer's retail factory order as the price protection adjustment process between the Dealer and Ford is simple and straightforward. 

First off, thank you for all of your contributions to these forums.

Ford (and the other manufacturers) know that many (maybe most) dealers use dishonest sales tactics.  The manufacturers choose to look the other way so it continues.  If the manufacturers wanted to stop it they could take steps to virtually eliminate the behavior.  Fortunately there are some dealers that do honest work and build a good reputation good enough to attract customers near and far.   I tried order my truck through local dealers but they all wanted MSRP or higher so I ordered out of state. 

Thanks again for your work here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Funny, cause I got a similar email from my dealer. Clearly it’s Ford suggesting the email and not just good customer service. I to have a F450 on order since 6/28. The day after the email, I got my VIN and scheduled for 2/28. 

Thanks for sharing this. I just texted my dealer to remove spray in liner, 5th wheel prep, gooseneck hitch kit, and hard bed cover.