2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

6 hours ago, FathomBlueSS said:

Only thing I need to get clarification on is my Build Receipt from COVP is $1295 less than the window sticker. I hope this means my price is locked but at this point I’m held hostage and couldn’t and wouldn’t turn it away.  

Window Stickers and Dealer Invoices are generated at the Price Level in effect at the time the vehicle is produced and don't reflect retail order price protection for the original order date. The retail order price protection is handled as an internal accounting adjustment between the Dealer and Ford. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

This is a new development for me. Previously when I clicked the button, my tracker page would come up. Now I get this. I hope it’s an IT system glitch and not a bigger issue.  Like maybe jtstafford’s “balance out” in another thread here.

Edit: the tracker is back to normal.

DDD7650B-518D-4288-A86C-B924B185EAC1.jpeg

Edited by marinerjoe

20 minutes ago, marinerjoe said:

This is a new development for me. Previously when I clicked the button, my tracker page would come up. Now I get this. I hope it’s an IT system glitch and not a bigger issue.  Like maybe jtstafford’s “balance out” in another thread here.

DDD7650B-518D-4288-A86C-B924B185EAC1.jpeg

It is an issue on their end. 9 times out of 10 this happens to me or it just reloads the page without showing the status of my order. 

39 minutes ago, asull85 said:

It is an issue on their end. 9 times out of 10 this happens to me or it just reloads the page without showing the status of my order. 

Interesting and thanks.  Since I won the Ford scheduling lottery last Thursday, despite my going to tracking site MANY times (I’ve been hitting the button like a drunk monkey on IV heroin),  this is the first time I have seen that message.

Edit: the tracker is back to normal.

Edited by marinerjoe

Regarding the dropping of items in the order to answer a previous question I was advised by the Ford regional rep in my area to drop the “add ons” that he felt might hold me up. I misstated what I dropped. I looked at my build and I didn’t have the tonneau I dropped the bedliner and side steps. Not sure if I had to but I did get scheduled like 2 weeks after I dropped them. Maybe it was just the bedliner. Sucks because the stupid running boards are way expensive after the fact. Gotta go aftermarket. 

28 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Regarding the dropping of items in the order to answer a previous question I was advised by the Ford regional rep in my area to drop the “add ons” that he felt might hold me up. I misstated what I dropped. I looked at my build and I didn’t have the tonneau I dropped the bedliner and side steps. Not sure if I had to but I did get scheduled like 2 weeks after I dropped them. Maybe it was just the bedliner. Sucks because the stupid running boards are way expensive after the fact. Gotta go aftermarket. 

Side Steps and Running Boards are two separate items. 

Received built email about 3 am this morning. 

F250 XLT CCSB 7.3 Iconic Silver

10/26 ordered 
11/18 received scheduled build week of 12/20
12/13 sent to production/window sticker available 
1/19 was able to see as built data
1/20 received built email 
2/9 - 2/15 eta to dealer

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StevenD19 said:

10/26 ordered 
2/9 - 2/15 eta to dealer

What did your build look like? Did you have any of the major commodity stops?

38 minutes ago, StevenD19 said:

10/26 ordered 
2/9 - 2/15 eta to dealer

Congratulations!!! Gives me hope!

15 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

I just spoke with my salesman, I sent him an email last night inquiring about the spray in bedliner, and he tells me my truck went to production yesterday. That's weird because I am not seeing anything on the website and I still don't have a window sticker. He said the truck should be at the dealership by Mid-February. 

My truck arrived at the dealer on 1/14 and the Ford site shows it was built on 1/19 and waiting on shipment.  I wouldn't put much stock in what the website says.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Side Steps and Running Boards are two separate items. 

Well I’m not getting any of them. Or either of them. Or one of them. I’m not getting any device attached to the side of the truck that helps people step up into the truck. Did we mention nerf bars because they need to be part of the dialogue here. 

12 hours ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

How long is this PCO good for?  (expiration date) I had one that expired January 3rd.?  Hoping for a new one. Still waiting on a build date myself, but you got me beat only 4 months in.  Hope you get to use it.

PCO shows expiration of 4 April.

I’d heard they went out quarterly, so that would make sense if your’s was 3 January.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:07 PM, ardvark666 said:

I have a question for any dealer employees. What’s to prevent a dealer from taking my deposit and ordering my truck and then purposely tanking my xplan deal so that they can sell it for 10k more on their lot? I ordered over the summer and my xplan price is saved on my phone (it should be 62899) but the salesman was weird and told me that my xplan price would be finalized once the truck arrived. Now im starting to think that he is full of it. Truck scheduled to be built in 2 weeks and I have that feeling that they aren’t going to be legit with me. Maybe im

just paranoid but I keep running into people who tell me that they got a super duty for 5k over msrp. The market hasn’t exactly cooled off with that nonsense. 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, mattdm said:

If you signed an order agreement with the price and paid a deposit that is a legal binding sale agreement.

I had the same (unfounded) fear as well that somehow they would try sabotage the deal at the final hour, but it was certainly not the case in my experience, Price never even came up during delivery, just signed the finance paperwork which had all the same numbers on it that I agreed to originally. My truck was even on their website for awhile with a 20k market adjustment ?.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Rcpd34 said:

The dealer needs to sign it; not just you.

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I'm just joining the worry train...  

I have an "Order Acknowledgement Form" (signed by a manager) and the order summary page. Both only list an msrp price. It sounds like I would need a different document, a dealer signed Order Agreement, if I want to easy my worries about the dealer adding a markup at the time of purchase?

Seems like it comes down to a dealer being a legit business or a shady mill. They don’t invoice them until they arrive. But I submitted a pin and gave them 1k deposit. My dealership also has a page on their website claiming their participation in the various xyz plans. My buddy literally ordered his truck and it came in and they showed him the xplan price and that was that. They only thing is that I think they didn’t actually use the xplan. They didn’t have him sign the form and they charged him 500.00 dealer fees. But his numbers worked out pretty much the same. Not sure if dealerships make less money on the xplan. Maybe Ice or someone can comment on the profitability of the xplan vs them just making a deal. Fingers crossed for anyone waiting a long time that they get a respectable salesperson and dealership. Hard to tell beforehand. 

I'll be happy with the msrp.  I didn't do enough research about the various ways to access the x-plan prior to going into the dealership. So, I just wanted a dealer that wasn't going to add a markup on a retail order.

When I went in and signed the paperwork & put down my $500 deposit, I asked some basic questions based off the info I've learned here.  My "Internet Sales" person was very against listening to what people say on "some internet forum"... I don't know, that left me with a bad feeling.  I mean, your title say Internet Sales. She should understand how the internet works and the ability to share information. We ain't in MySpace anymore!

23 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Seems like it comes down to a dealer being a legit business or a shady mill. They don’t invoice them until they arrive. But I submitted a pin and gave them 1k deposit. My dealership also has a page on their website claiming their participation in the various xyz plans. My buddy literally ordered his truck and it came in and they showed him the xplan price and that was that. They only thing is that I think they didn’t actually use the xplan. They didn’t have him sign the form and they charged him 500.00 dealer fees. But his numbers worked out pretty much the same. Not sure if dealerships make less money on the xplan. Maybe Ice or someone can comment on the profitability of the xplan vs them just making a deal. Fingers crossed for anyone waiting a long time that they get a respectable salesperson and dealership. Hard to tell beforehand. 

Not sure about your reference... "They don’t invoice them until they arrive". The Window Stickers and Dealer Invoice are created just before the vehicle goes into production and reflect the Price Level in effect at the time of production. 

The Dealer is paid a commission on X Plan sales which may be less than selling the vehicle at MSRP but is still a healthy profit margin.  

22 minutes ago, PanteraCFH said:

My "Internet Sales" person was very against listening to what people say on "some internet forum"... I don't know, that left me with a bad feeling.  I mean, your title say Internet Sales. She should understand how the internet works and the ability to share information. We ain't in MySpace anymore!

We are blessed with some very experienced dealership management types who DONATE their time here in the forum.  If she doesn't know how to do her job, then maybe she should get trained.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Not sure about your reference... "They don’t invoice them until they arrive". The Window Stickers and Dealer Invoice are created just before the vehicle goes into production and reflect the Price Level in effect at the time of production. 

The Dealer is paid a commission on X Plan sales which may be less than selling the vehicle at MSRP but is still a healthy profit margin.  

I was referring to them not having the invoice until you go get it since it’s not produced when it’s ordered. 

So you say it’s a healthy profit margin which makes me wonder why some dealers refuse to do it. I wasn’t going to order without the xplan. So from what I’ve learned on here it doesn’t take away from their allotment and it’s really just a lost sale. Seems kinda dumb to turn away a customer. I had several dealers refuse to do it. 

Either way the mods on here (Ice especially) have been more than helpful through the process. This site is a great resource. Cheers 

Edited by ardvark666

13 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

I was referring to them not having the invoice until you go get it since it’s not produced when it’s ordered. 

So you say it’s a healthy profit margin which makes me wonder why some dealers refuse to do it. I wasn’t going to order without the xplan. So from what I’ve learned on here it doesn’t take away from their allotment and it’s really just a lost sale. Seems kinda dumb to turn away a customer. I had several dealers refuse to do it. 

There is no Dealer Invoice until just before the vehicle goes into production but the pricing, including X Plan, is available when the order is placed. I'm not sure why you think that an X Plan order takes away from the Dealer's allocation and would count as a lost sale. If the allocation is used for an X Plan order doesn't matter because the allocation is then used. The exception is if the X Plan order was scheduled using COVP incremental allocation, in which case it doesn't matter because the order is still scheduled. 

Dealers are not required to accept X Plan. The X Plan commission is less than selling the vehicle at MSRP, but the dealership still earns a healthy profit with the Ford commission and establishes a relationship with the customer, etc.