mrmallerd

2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

What is the latest commodity report showing as shortages? Last I recall the 19.5" forged aluminum wheels and a few other things were listed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jmf450 said:

What is the latest commodity report showing as shortages? Last I recall the 19.5" forged aluminum wheels and a few other things were listed.

The latest information available is listed in the Ford Scheduling Notes (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=4) which is sent via e-mail by the Centralized Field Order Scheduling office. Additional information regarding specific commodity and/or plant constraints is posted when available and is also available for specific vehicle orders in the AM Scheduling Preview Report which is available to Dealers at the FMCDealer.com portal. 

Commodity and plant restraints change and are updated weekly. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

Anyone get sent to production yet that is scheduled for the week of 10/11?

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The latest information available is listed in the Ford Scheduling Notes (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=4) which is sent via e-mail by the Centralized Field Order Scheduling office. Additional information regarding specific commodity and/or plant constraints is posted when available and is also available for specific vehicle orders in the AM Scheduling Preview Report which is available to Dealers at the FMCDealer.com portal. 

Thank you for the link, I am new to the forum and have been lurking. I ordered a '22 F450 Lariat on 9/20 and was looking at what others have been seeing for lead times. I knew about the semiconductor shortages but didn't realize the extent of the supply chain challenges. I really appreciate the effort you put in to keep the rest of us informed.

14 hours ago, Matthew3c said:

I am definitely looking to make a profit on it.  Two dealers have offered me $5,000 over MSRP.  But, the dealer that I ordered it from is in the best position to take it from me by applying a larger discount to the F350 I ordered at the same time.  Both trucks are scheduled to arrive the same week.

What region of the country do you live in? Why would a dealer sell you a truck and then buy it back for more than they sold it for? 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ICE-CAPADES,

If my truck is scheduled for oct-25 does it mean they have all components to build the truck including say "spray in bedliner" and 5th wheel prep. Just making sure that is the case as thats what I think I read on here or could the build still be on hold due to supply issues?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

What region of the country do you live in? Why would a dealer sell you a truck and then buy it back for more than they sold it for? 

Technically, if it's a retail order and he has an agreed upon price, they can't take it back without some serious backlash.

But, my guess, he tells them to take $5k (just picking a number) off the price of his other truck and he backs out of this one and lets them sell it as stock.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I just got an update from my dealer. Ordered 4/30, scheduled to day 10-13-2021. F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance package, adaptive cruise control, fifth wheel prep, ultimate trailer tow camera. So apparently if you wait long enough the commodities will come in. Hopefully the build day holds.

I thought trucks with AS weren't going to be scheduled until further notice.......!!!!?????@!!!!!!

How can this be?

Edited by Fogbelly

Adaptive cruise control is not the same as adaptive steering

2 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

ICE-CAPADES,

If my truck is scheduled for oct-25 does it mean they have all components to build the truck including say "spray in bedliner" and 5th wheel prep. Just making sure that is the case as thats what I think I read on here or could the build still be on hold due to supply issues?

Thanks 

Commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only. 

2 hours ago, Steve N said:

Adaptive cruise control is not the same as adaptive steering

Yea, I see my mistake now.   

2 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Just scored me some cash off from ford, provided my F450 comes before January 3rd.

DC4173F7-5C48-42A1-A8E5-9E998BA1F297.jpeg

Any idea what you did to score it?  

Ordered F450 Platinum on 3/31.  Dealer informed me today the adaptive steering was removed from my order (around 9/22) and my scheduled build week is still 11/8.  Fingers crossed it'll actually get built now.  I was going to ride out the AS, but my job situation is fixin to change so now I need to speed up the time table.

I just got one too for $3500, but by the looks of things and my luck the truck will probably arrive a day after the promotion ends. Good luck to us both. 

How did you get the discount?

also how do you track your truck on a rail car?

For all wondering how I got the discount. I really do not know. In the past I have sent inquiries to multiple dealers. I called Ford Marketing weekly for updates on my build. I log into ford pass both on the app and online, maybe because my truck is scheduled to be built soon and I must have triggered something in their algorithm. All I can say is make sure your info is all up to date with Ford Marketing and try things to trigger a PCO, there really is no set of tools or things to do since it is all random. What worked for me (if I really knew what it was, just speculating) won’t necessarily work for others, sort of like playing the lottery/gambling.

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only. 

Got it,.. whew.. Thanks Ice, much appreciated..

I saw this mentioned in the scheduling notes:

"Plant scheduling is previewing full for orders not already previewing as selected for scheduling on Thursday. Allocation for orders not previewing/selected will roll over to next week's scheduling. "

What does this translate to in English?

12 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

ICE-CAPADES,

Thanks 

Got the dreaded email.. Pushed back 1 week.. at least its only 1 week at this point.  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I saw this mentioned in the scheduling notes:

"Plant scheduling is previewing full for orders not already previewing as selected for scheduling on Thursday. Allocation for orders not previewing/selected will roll over to next week's scheduling. "

What does this translate to in English?

Ford generates "AM Scheduling Preview" reports for each dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) that show which orders are being selected for scheduling that week. For orders not "previewing" as selected, the report also shows the commodity or plant constraints in effect that week preventing an order from being selected for scheduling. For selected orders, the AM Scheduling Preview report also shows an initial assigned production week. The reports are updated and generated each weekday morning until the final weekly preview for Thursday's scheduling. Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings via the Vehicle Visibility system for allocation scheduled on Thursday.   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

Received the email last night from Ford, build week pushed out to 11/8 now. So from the 1st build week of 10/18, then the 2nd build week of 10/25 till the 3rd build week of 11/8, that’s 4 weeks added. Starting to think I won’t see it till next year now. 

3 hours ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Received the email last night from Ford, build week pushed out to 11/8 now. So from the 1st build week of 10/18, then the 2nd build week of 10/25 till the 3rd build week of 11/8, that’s 4 weeks added. Starting to think I won’t see it till next year now. 

Mine has followed the same progression of delayed scheduling: from the 18th, 25th, and now 8th.  Still holding out to see it as an early Christmas present.  I'll already have plenty of goodies sitting here waiting for it if the Black Friday deals are decent this year!

My order for F-350 Platinum has Build week of 9/27, Sent To Plant 9/24, nothing on the tracker... I asked in another forum and a guy looked up the VIN and said it looks like it was sent to production line on 10/3 but no further updates. It's now the 6th and I have no idea what's going on with it still. I did ask my salesman who is not at work today to check the VVR and see if he can find anything... of course that won't happen until tomorrow when he gets back to work. I just hope something didn't happen to the Truck and it was pulled off assembly for some reason. I think this is worse than not being scheduled for months lol... trying to be patient and not worry though. Might be built and just not updated like so many others before me. The trackers have been unreliable for a lot of folks and dead on for others.