mrmallerd

2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

55 minutes ago, asull85 said:

Yeah I checked in with them on Friday. They show it still in production but he feels it may be in transit to them. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Yeah, it sounds like your dealer is just trying to make you feel better. He should get a notice on the VVR if it's actually been shipped, what the shipping method was, Boxcar number, etc.

First post here, but in the same boat as many. 
ordered F-450 in August. Build date was supposed to be 12/23 but I know the shutdown got me. I asked dealer about the status and was told, “it’s in the factory, should be close” which is a nice way to say, “we’re to lazy to look up the current status”

25 minutes ago, Bell4fan said:

First post here, but in the same boat as many. 
ordered F-450 in August. Build date was supposed to be 12/23 but I know the shutdown got me. I asked dealer about the status and was told, “it’s in the factory, should be close” which is a nice way to say, “we’re to lazy to look up the current status”

2022 Super Duty production is scheduled to resume next Monday, January 17th. 

Edited by ice-capades

That’s what I had read. Hopefully I’m in that group, but won’t hold my breath. 

My F350 DRW/KR. Was originally scheduled for a week of January 17 assuming it got moved out because the point shut down is now scheduled for a build date of January 29 ordered October 1. So hopefully will see something soon

On 1/9/2022 at 6:53 AM, ice-capades said:

What is it that you need help with?

@ice-capades what “agreement” did dealers make? I feel like an idiot and I know you or someone else has said it here or some other forum. I look everywhere and try to keep up on all of them. Would you be willing to explain that picture? I see “super duty” then a date and next is blank… the way a I read as a rookie is 2/7 super duties will get either schedule or built? 

29 minutes ago, Superdutybuilt said:

@ice-capades what “agreement” did dealers make? I feel like an idiot and I know you or someone else has said it here or some other forum. I look everywhere and try to keep up on all of them. Would you be willing to explain that picture? I see “super duty” then a date and next is blank… the way a I read as a rookie is 2/7 super duties will get either schedule or built? 

It’s an internal Ford thing.  Business as usual.  Ignore it.

1 hour ago, Superdutybuilt said:

As @akirby stated, it's a routine process between the Dealers and Ford. Don't try to read more into it. 

The scheduling chart shows the production weeks that vehicles will be scheduled to be built. 

7 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Yeah, it sounds like your dealer is just trying to make you feel better. He should get a notice on the VVR if it's actually been shipped, what the shipping method was, Boxcar number, etc.

I agree. I don't think I'll see it for another month or two.

@ice-capades Ice, can you please decipher the last note about Superduty Tremor package, what exactly do this mean for us, retail order customers? “Tremor Exterior Appearance (17Y) regional controls have been lifted.  There are no longer any Super Duty regional controls for the new wholesale”

I ordered an F-250 Tremor on F-250 Tremor on 12/3/2021 and haven't heard anything else from anyone.  How long was it before y'all got your VIN #'s.  Is there a hold up on the Tremor package?  If so, would it be better if I submitted an order for a non-Tremor in hopes to get the truck sooner?   

45 minutes ago, mww982 said:

I ordered an F-250 Tremor on F-250 Tremor on 12/3/2021 and haven't heard anything else from anyone.  How long was it before y'all got your VIN #'s.  Is there a hold up on the Tremor package?  If so, would it be better if I submitted an order for a non-Tremor in hopes to get the truck sooner?   

Grab you a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show because it could be a while.  I ordered mine on 8/24/2021 and still no VIN.

IMG_0889.PNG

58 minutes ago, mww982 said:

Welcome to the BoF. I also ordered in August and have not received a VIN yet, lots ordered sooner than that and are also waiting. Lots of threads discussing the delays.

It took me 3 months to get a VIN, but you will find that many have been waiting much longer to receive theirs, and others not so long....so many variables in place to list.

F350 DRW Lariat FX4.

Congrats on the order and welcome to the waiting game....

I originally ordered a my21 last mid-April F250 7.3 Platti Tremor, Ford canceled outstanding 21s mid-May because of Chip shortage.

Reordered as a my22 late-May that was accepted by Ford 16 June…loaded 7.3 F250 Platti Tremor with all the commodity restrictions…AS, 5th wheel prep, spray in liner, etc.

Just got Priority changed to 2 a week ago, so hope to get scheduled/Vin this week just short of 7 months.

If you have a heavily optioned truck, expect a long wait.

My $.02

Edited by sjmcken81
Correction

24 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

I originally ordered a my21 last mid-April F250 7.3 Platti Tremor, Ford canceled outstanding 21s mid-May because of Chip shortage.

Reordered as a my22 late-May that was accepted by Ford 16 June…loaded 7.3 F250 Platti Tremor with all the commodity restrictions…AS, 5th wheel prep, spray in liner, etc.

Just got Priority changed to 2 a week ago, so hope to get scheduled/Vin this week just short of 7 months.

If you have a heavily optioned truck, expect a long wait.

My $.02

All that said, this is our RV tow vehicle and camping is done for us for a couple more months, so waiting is frustrating, but truck isn’t currently needed…we can wait to get our White Whale/Unicorn how we want it.

If you’re looking at a basic build and your dealer has allocation, your wait will likely be substantially less.

Anyone from NY? How long did it take to be delivered? Sitting in lordstown right now still pending on palsapp. 

Interesting - just received an email that says: “To ensure your complete satisfaction,  we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty  F250 Lariat is delivered to Beach Ford”.  The original estimated delivery date was 01/07, now 01/14 - 01/20.  Trying to figure out how another delay ensures my complete satisfaction 😂😂😂.  

4 hours ago, CDUB19 said:

Grab you a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show because it could be a while.  I ordered mine on 8/24/2021 and still no VIN.

IMG_0889.PNG

I'm just wondering if I should drop the Tremor order and order an XLT or submit a second order and take which ever one comes in first.  

1 hour ago, PKL131 said:

Interesting - just received an email that says: “To ensure your complete satisfaction,  we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty  F250 Lariat is delivered to Beach Ford”.  The original estimated delivery date was 01/07, now 01/14 - 01/20.  Trying to figure out how another delay ensures my complete satisfaction 😂😂😂.  

They need to buff out a few scratches from falling off the train. 🚆

1 hour ago, mww982 said:

I'm just wondering if I should drop the Tremor order and order an XLT or submit a second order and take which ever one comes in first.  

I thought about dropping the 5th wheel hitch and bedliner but I’m going to ride it out.  If I give in now then I’ll never be happy when it does get here.  I’d rather wait and get what I really want and not settle for less. So my advise would be stick with what you want and will be happy with.   👍

6 hours ago, PKL131 said:

When did you order from Beach? I ordered mine in mid-October and still waiting on the scheduling email. At least I did get the order confirmation from Ford.

14 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

@ice-capades Ice, can you please decipher the last note about Superduty Tremor package, what exactly do this mean for us, retail order customers? “Tremor Exterior Appearance (17Y) regional controls have been lifted.  There are no longer any Super Duty regional controls for the new wholesale”

Ford's statement from yesterday raises more questions than answers. In particular, have the regional controls been lifted from all Super Duty's or only Chassis Cab orders? Hopefully, there will be a revised statement soon with some clarification.

11 hours ago, Adirondex said:

They need to buff out a few scratches from falling off the train. 🚆

Yeah -that’s what I’m afraid of!

6 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

When did you order from Beach? I ordered mine in mid-October and still waiting on the scheduling email. At least I did get the order confirmation from Ford.

Ordered it on 08/24.