Jump to content





mrmallerd

2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, jeffhunta said:

 

"Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days."  

So a few days could actually mean 24 hours to a couple of weeks?

 

Mine was about a day. Lariat, black appearance package which includes spray in bed liner. It is “waiting on shipment” now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jeffhunta said:

 

"Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days."  

So a few days could actually mean 24 hours to a couple of weeks?

 

It goes to in production about a week from your build date.  Mine was built 9/14 went to in production 9/8. Shipped on the 16th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, khansen said:

Ordered 4-16-21 F-250 Lariat,  6.7, Black Appearance package,  FX4, roof lights, a couple other little add on, finally got a e-mail for 9-13, then it got push to 9-27  I talked to my dealer today and he told me, the week of 9-27 but the schedule build day is 10-2,,, a Saturday ,,does that sound right ??

Yes. My nephew works at the factory on C crew (or C shift, I forgot which name he called it). Anyway, he works Sat - Wed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dbarrett38 said:

It goes to in production about a week from your build date.  Mine was built 9/14 went to in production 9/8. Shipped on the 16th. 

 

It varies so much, it's hard to say what is really supposed to happen... mine was sent to plant (in production) 8/31 and wasn't built until 9/14. I originally had a build day of 9/7, which got pushed back to 9/9 (still the same week, so no "your build has been rescheduled" email) but still didn't get built until 9/14 (which was actually the next week). Also, I had nothing that was (ever) a commodity hold, and no aftermarket accessories... so nothing that should have held up, or pushed back my build...

 

Also, over on the FTE forums, someone stated that according to a KTP assembly line worker, 33 hours is about how long the truck spends on the line being built... I imagine that begins at stamping to painting all the way to finishing and out the door... but others have stated only 24 hours on the line...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nighthawk37 said:

Yes. My nephew works at the factory on C crew (or C shift, I forgot which name he called it). Anyway, he works Sat - Wed.

Ok, thanks  !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ordered a KIng Ranch Ultimate package? I’m asking because when I ordered the 2022 brochure was not available yet, only the 2021. The 2022 brochure came out on Ford’s website just about a week ago and now states that the KR Ultimate package includes Active Motion message functionally. Is that the same messaging seats that are in the Platinum package? My wife has the messaging seats in her 2020 Explorer Platinum and they are awesome!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those that have received trucks. From the time is was stated shipped in the ford tracker the estimated time they said until delivery was it close ? after ? or before the date ? Just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ampmal said:

Does anyone know if they are scheduling F-450 platinum's with adaptive steering yet? ordered mine in March 18

I finally got a scheduled build week for my F450 Platinum last week for the week of October 25th. I had my dealer remove the AS a few weeks ago. I also have 5th wheel kit, spray in bedliner  and roll up tonneau cover that have been commodity restraints previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Those that have received trucks. From the time is was stated shipped in the ford tracker the estimated time they said until delivery was it close ? after ? or before the date ? Just curious.

 

It's all over the map. I've been watching the spreadsheet over on FTE and review trucks that have been delivered to similar locations as mine.  I'm right around 9-15 days for trucks delivered to Wisconsin and Minnesota where as the estimated days from Ford is 18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Those that have received trucks. From the time is was stated shipped in the ford tracker the estimated time they said until delivery was it close ? after ? or before the date ? Just curious.

 My truck was built on Sept 1, shipped on Sept. 4, delivery at dealer was originally "listed" to be Sept. 25. Train arrived in Birmingham Sept. 7. Truck sat at rail yard 1 week until trucking was scheduled, brought 30 min to dealer on Sept 14, I drove it home that evening. So, all in all, it was 11 days early for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was built 8/23 shipped 9/5 and has been sitting in STL since.  The trackers said that it was supposed to be delivered by 9/11-9/17.  The Mach-e tracker has just started counting back up(shows to be delivered in 4 days) from the 9/17 date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Those that have received trucks. From the time is was stated shipped in the ford tracker the estimated time they said until delivery was it close ? after ? or before the date ? Just curious.

 

Both of mine were two weeks ahead of he estimated delivery date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, weekendwarriorfsw32 said:

Where did you get your PCO's from

 

All PCO's come from Ford either direct or thru your previous dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeff T said:

 My truck was built on Sept 1, shipped on Sept. 4, delivery at dealer was originally "listed" to be Sept. 25. Train arrived in Birmingham Sept. 7. Truck sat at rail yard 1 week until trucking was scheduled, brought 30 min to dealer on Sept 14, I drove it home that evening. So, all in all, it was 11 days early for me.

Man I hope mine is early. Showing to be arrival at my dealer between 10/4-10/10! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeff T said:

 My truck was built on Sept 1, shipped on Sept. 4, delivery at dealer was originally "listed" to be Sept. 25. Train arrived in Birmingham Sept. 7. Truck sat at rail yard 1 week until trucking was scheduled, brought 30 min to dealer on Sept 14, I drove it home that evening. So, all in all, it was 11 days early for me.

wheres the pics?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tidesright said:

Man I hope mine is early. Showing to be arrival at my dealer between 10/4-10/10! 

Mine is showing between 9-25 & 10/1.  If I don't have it by 9/29, I'll have to delay picking up the new 5th wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, road turtle said:

Mine is showing between 9-25 & 10/1.  If I don't have it by 9/29, I'll have to delay picking up the new 5th wheel.

I went and looked at 5th wheels at the Hershey RV Show. Prices were ridiculous. Made these Super Duty prices seem tame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

I went and looked at 5th wheels at the Hershey RV Show. Prices were ridiculous. Made these Super Duty prices seem tame

We ordered in January and had the price locked in.  Insurance company had to review my stated value, because it's 10k over what we ordered it at.  Prices have gone up that much, and some manufacturers are no longer locking in the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, road turtle said:

We ordered in January and had the price locked in.  Insurance company had to review my stated value, because it's 10k over what we ordered it at.  Prices have gone up that much, and some manufacturers are no longer locking in the price.

You are lucky! Well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked pricing on new fifth wheels.  The same model we purchased in early 2019 is now $20k higher.  That's a 30% increase from when we ordered in December 2018.  Crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

Anyone know what the “11 days” means ? 

026AC0C3-E9CF-4EF2-9A6C-C8F9ABA155E6.png

Thats the estimated number of days for delivery to the dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

wheres the pics?!?

 

I know... My bad for delaying, should've posted something by now, haha.  I'm going to post some "before" pics and "after" pics, once my little mod is done this Saturday. It's a regular cab F350 XLT Rapid Red, on Saturday it'll have white vinyl to make it two-tone highboy style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a Lariat F350 PSD in August, my wife decided to order a new Timberline Explorer today, curious as to which one gets delivered first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×