Want to order a 2022 Aviator; trade-in my 2020 Explorer

Yes, the official 2022 Aviator Order Guide specifies SYNC3, but I was thinking maybe they planned to produce the 2022 Aviator before the 2022 Explorer because the Aviator could get SYNC4. Official order guides are revised all the time, so a change is possible. Why else would they build 2022 Aviators before building 2022 Explorers?

That's crazy!  Why would they not produce their top tier vehicles with Sync 4?  I waited for the 2022 model Aviator as I surely thought that Sync 4 would be a certainty.  I have a 2021 Powerboost F-150 with Sync 4.  You would never want Sync 3 after having Sync 4 in your vehicle!  I guess I just don't understand the way manufacturers work!  I'm sure I'm not alone.  They are going to lose me as I'm not waiting another year to replace my 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum. Going to go with another brand I guess.

11 minutes ago, eamatherne said:

That's crazy!  Why would they not produce their top tier vehicles with Sync 4?  I waited for the 2022 model Aviator as I surely thought that Sync 4 would be a certainty.  I have a 2021 Powerboost F-150 with Sync 4.  You would never want Sync 3 after having Sync 4 in your vehicle!  I guess I just don't understand the way manufacturers work!  I'm sure I'm not alone.  They are going to lose me as I'm not waiting another year to replace my 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum. Going to go with another brand I guess.

It has to do with the cost of adding it to an existing interior and the availability of parts.   It interfaces with multiple systems in the vehicle so it requires a lot of testing in addition to possible dash redesigns.   It's easier for the mfr to wait and do that when they're making other changes.   There may also be limited parts availability forcing the mfr to prioritize availability.

• Like 3