Rapid Red color

On 3/19/2021 at 6:38 AM, stengines1 said:

Does the Rapid Red color take longer for delivery?  Love the color but see on some other places that they are only doing it in batches so up to 6 weeks longer. Already a $385 option and adds a delay Really?

A lot of the options are done in batches.  Rapid red is probably the least of your concerns on delays.  The extra fee is because it's an extra coat of paint (I see Ford referring to it as having a tinted clear coat).  FYI - if you ever need to repair it, the body shops will charge extra also, because its a PIA to replicate tri-coat paints.  I like the color but I've learned about tri-coat myself the hard way.  Looks great until it needs to be fixed.  But get it if you love it.  I love seeing more colors on the road.

7 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

A lot of the options are done in batches.  Rapid red is probably the least of your concerns on delays.  The extra fee is because it's an extra coat of paint (I see Ford referring to it as having a tinted clear coat).  FYI - if you ever need to repair it, the body shops will charge extra also, because its a PIA to replicate tri-coat paints.  I like the color but I've learned about tri-coat myself the hard way.  Looks great until it needs to be fixed.  But get it if you love it.  I love seeing more colors on the road.

Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat is NOT a tri-coat paint. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

The terminology doesn't negate anything else I said about the difficulty of painting it.

If it’s simply a tinted clear coat then it’s still a 2 part paint - base coat/clear coat.   The clear coat just has pigment.  As opposed to a tri-coat which has 3 parts - base, mid coat and clear coat.   

• Like 1