Stealth Oval Forums

On 3/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, Chrisgb said:

I noticed today that the Ford trademark Blue Oval is missing from the masthead. Just a streamlining, or perhaps a trademark infringement issue?

Yes, we are having issues with Ford.  They wish this and other sites to be closed down - not to worry because we're not going anywhere.

More updates on this as we progress.......

• Like 7

19 hours ago, robertlane said:

Yes, we are having issues with Ford.  They wish this and other sites to be closed down - not to worry because we're not going anywhere.

More updates on this as we progress.......

I know that I, and probably the other moderators, would be interested in any information that you can disclose as to the nature of Ford's attempted action, objections, etc. BOF provides support to Ford customers and enthusiasts that isn't available elsewhere and some of the support is provided by Ford employees.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I know that I, and probably the other moderators, would be interested in any information that you can disclose as to the nature of Ford's attempted action, objections, etc. BOF provides support to Ford customers and enthusiasts that isn't available elsewhere and some of the support is provided by Ford employees.  

Parts of Ford seem separated from other parts of Ford.  BOF doesn't pose a trademark issue for Ford, so it will all work out over the next few weeks.  Nothing to worry about here ;)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

As much as I don't like companies trying to prevent "supportive" 3rd party sites from using their trademark, I work for a large organization that faces the same issues. The use of a trademark by "not-officially-sanctioned" projects or sites is an understandable risk to a company. The company I work for often sends little notes to 3rd party operators that they shouldn't be using any official-looking assets (logo, name, etc.) in their sites.

Not doing that would make it look like BOF is an official Ford channel. (again, not agreeing, just understand).