Expedition Stand Alone Options For Higher Trims

FossilFuelBurner1

Not every customer wants the Panoramic Vista roof or 22 inch wheels. Each should be a stand alone so customers can purchase a Limited FX4 and not have to take the roof or a Limited Stealth without the 22s . I can build out a competitive Suburban or Yukon XL without both. It shouldn't be an issue as Ford now offers the Pano roof as a stand alone on the Explorer ST.

Keep the price the same. But don't force the roof on me!

• Like 1

It’s possible their data indicates that 95% of Limited buyers want the roof.  Explorer might be different. Obviously they could offer it as a standalone option if they wanted.  But there can be valid reasons other than just increasing the price..

• Like 1

I don't doubt that marketing data comes into play along with manufacturing efficiencies. I get it. Just stating as someone who is a GM convert who took delivery of the first 07 Expedition EL at my local dealer (Hats off to Cisco Codena, Group VP N. America for Ford at that time for helping to make it happen) I wish there was a way to provide for the entire Expy customer base. I've had 6 Expeditions since 07 and wouldn't go return to GM. Perhaps a good alternative would be offering the XLT again with additional options  (MY 18 & 19 for example)  since this trim is available without the roof.