Production line at Fiat-Jeep plant in Italy could close, union says Factory builds the Jeep Compass and Renegade, and Fiat 500X

silvrsvt

On 3/25/2021 at 5:01 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Today I learned the Jeep Compass is sold overseas. 

Yes sir, second generation Jeep Compass is a global product. Stellantis has official sales channels for this vehicle on all continents except Antarctica.

Designed and engineered in both the U.S. and Europe, Compass is assembled at Stellantis plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico in addition to the Melfi plant in Italy.

Edited by rperez817

20 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir, second generation Jeep Compass is a global product. Stellantis has official sales channels for this vehicle on all continents except Antarctica.

Designed and engineered in both the U.S. and Europe, Compass is assembled at Stellantis plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico in addition to the Melfi plant in Italy.

I had no idea either that the Jeep Compass was sold in so many markets. I was always under the impression it was primarily a North American model.

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I had no idea either that the Jeep Compass was sold in so many markets. I was always under the impression it was primarily a North American model.

Same here. The only Jeep models I knew of that are sold overseas are the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. 

7 hours ago, rperez817 said:

+1 the Compass and Fiat 500X are similar under the sheetmetal.

32 minutes ago, ehaase said:

The posters at allpar hate the Renegade, Compass, and Cherokee and believe they cheapen the brand and should be moved to Dodge or Chrysler. 

Just like Bronco and Mustang purists hate Bronco Sport and Mach-E and think they cheapen the respective brands.