Ford Retail Price Increases

I have a Z plan pin number so my selling price was pretty straight forward at the time or order. I originally placed my order at a level 215. Had to make a few changes (subtractions and additions) to get it scheduled at a price level 245. The new sheet has a new Z-plan price (level 245) which has significantly increased. 

Has anyone else had this scenario? If so, how did you navigate it?

3 hours ago, HarleyDavis said:

I have a Z plan pin number so my selling price was pretty straight forward at the time or order. I originally placed my order at a level 215. Had to make a few changes (subtractions and additions) to get it scheduled at a price level 245. The new sheet has a new Z-plan price (level 245) which has significantly increased. 

Has anyone else had this scenario? If so, how did you navigate it?

Window Stickers and Dealer Invoices are created at the price level in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Ford does not re-invoice vehicles at the prices in effect on the original order date. The price protection for retail orders (Retail & A/X/Z/D Plan) is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. 

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Window Stickers and Dealer Invoices are created at the price level in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Ford does not re-invoice vehicles at the prices in effect on the original order date. The price protection for retail orders (Retail & A/X/Z/D Plan) is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. 

The remaining question is whether or not any of the changes made to their order would disqualify price protection, or at least change the price level eligible for protection to that which was in effect when the changes were made.

20 minutes ago, j2sys said:

The remaining question is whether or not any of the changes made to their order would disqualify price protection, or at least change the price level eligible for protection to that which was in effect when the changes were made.

The price protection still applies to retail orders that have been altered and still applies to the original order date.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The price protection still applies to retail orders that have been altered and still applies to the original order date.  

Oh, great.  I thought I'd heard otherwise (e.g. changing trim level or package options).

32 minutes ago, j2sys said:

Oh, great.  I thought I'd heard otherwise (e.g. changing trim level or package options).

Changing the Bode Code (W2B > W3B) or the Trim (XLT > Lariat, etc.) Order Code (#301A, #500A, etc.) is a different story and resets the order date. 

On 6/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, ice-capades said:

Sounds like I didn't change anything that would affect the price protection.

One more question. Transparency of the A/Z Plan Pricing on the sheet is great. How do I go about getting the A/Z Plan protected price (215) for the modified order that will be invoiced at level 245?  

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by HarleyDavis

2 hours ago, HarleyDavis said:

Sounds like I didn't change anything that would affect the price protection.

One more question. Transparency of the A/Z Plan Pricing on the sheet is great. How do I go about getting the A/Z Plan protected price (215) for the modified order that will be invoiced at level 245?  

Thanks for all the help!

If you don't have a copy of your original order with the vehicle specifications and pricing in effect then, you'd have to get it from the Dealer. There's no way to generate prices at a prior price level in either WBDO or CONCEPS. 

Question for you guys.  I am in the process of working with my dealer on a RAV buyback of a few year old Navigator.  We placed the replacement order back in February for a Navigator Reserve 4x4 pretty much loaded.  The order document the dealer had me sign showed the base MSRP of the vehicle to be $89,745 but the window sticker is showing it now at $92,525, an increase of $2,780.  None of the options increased, only the base MSRP which means right now its coming out of my pocket.  What have you seen Ford/Lincoln do in situations like this, either a normal retail order or a RAV buyback replacement order?  Thanks for any info you can provide. 

11 hours ago, chicken said:

Question for you guys.  I am in the process of working with my dealer on a RAV buyback of a few year old Navigator.  We placed the replacement order back in February for a Navigator Reserve 4x4 pretty much loaded.  The order document the dealer had me sign showed the base MSRP of the vehicle to be $89,745 but the window sticker is showing it now at $92,525, an increase of $2,780.  None of the options increased, only the base MSRP which means right now its coming out of my pocket.  What have you seen Ford/Lincoln do in situations like this, either a normal retail order or a RAV buyback replacement order?  Thanks for any info you can provide. 

The RAV agreement comes from Ford with very specific terms for the RAV transaction so, I'd review the Ford documents very carefully. 

Question about WBDO: the print out my dealer gave me from my order in February showed MSRP, they didn’t click the option to show X-Plan pricing. When delivery occurs, will they still be able to see that historical (Feb) X-Plan price in WBDO?

Thanks in advance - appreciate your time. 

3 hours ago, PerfectWay said:

Question about WBDO: the print out my dealer gave me from my order in February showed MSRP, they didn’t click the option to show X-Plan pricing. When delivery occurs, will they still be able to see that historical (Feb) X-Plan price in WBDO?

Thanks in advance - appreciate your time. 

The X Plan price is available for display in WBDO at any time. The X Plan price is also included in the Dealer Invoice which the Dealer is required to show to the X Plan customer. 

WBDO displays only the pricing in effect when the information is displayed in WBDO. The system does not archive or display the pricing in effect on the original order date. In addition, the Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice are generated using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The X Plan price is available for display in WBDO at any time. The X Plan price is also included in the Dealer Invoice which the Dealer is required to show to the X Plan customer. 

WBDO displays only the pricing in effect when the information is displayed in WBDO. The system does not archive or display the pricing in effect on the original order date. In addition, the Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice are generated using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. 

Thank you for that.  Is there a system that does such "archiving" so that everyone is clear on what the price protected amount should be?

7 hours ago, PerfectWay said:

Thank you for that.  Is there a system that does such "archiving" so that everyone is clear on what the price protected amount should be?

Unfortunately, no. That's why it's so important that the original order documents, including the vehicle specifications, be saved. 

On 6/13/2022 at 6:12 AM, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, no. That's why it's so important that the original order documents, including the vehicle specifications, be saved. 

If I had the PL215 document in effect at the time of the order, is it safe to say that "Invoice Less Holdback (3%) + 275 - ad-rate" would approximate the A Plan price for PL215, even though PL245 is active now?

My understanding of the advertising rate is that it's regional, but when I put in random city ZIP codes into the A Plan pricing website, the A Plan pricing doesn't change, making me think it's pretty uniform, at least in Detroit, Houston, and NYC. Reverse engineering the current A Plan prices vs. PL245 seem to show that the advertising rate is currently 1.07731133817556% of MSRP (not counting delivery).

Is delivery supposed to be price-protected? PL215 showed $1695 for my vehicle, and both the A Plan site and PL245 shows $1795 for my vehicle, but the window sticker is showing the PL215 rate for delivery, but all of the current PL245 pricing.

Anyway, mostly it's curiosity, because my vehicle is still sitting at KTP waiting for something or other.

4 hours ago, balthisar said:

If I had the PL215 document in effect at the time of the order, is it safe to say that "Invoice Less Holdback (3%) + 275 - ad-rate" would approximate the A Plan price for PL215, even though PL245 is active now?

My understanding of the advertising rate is that it's regional, but when I put in random city ZIP codes into the A Plan pricing website, the A Plan pricing doesn't change, making me think it's pretty uniform, at least in Detroit, Houston, and NYC. Reverse engineering the current A Plan prices vs. PL245 seem to show that the advertising rate is currently 1.07731133817556% of MSRP (not counting delivery).

Is delivery supposed to be price-protected? PL215 showed $1695 for my vehicle, and both the A Plan site and PL245 shows $1795 for my vehicle, but the window sticker is showing the PL215 rate for delivery, but all of the current PL245 pricing.

Anyway, mostly it's curiosity, because my vehicle is still sitting at KTP waiting for something or other.

To confirm, when you placed the order, you received a copy of the preview order sheet with invoice pricing at the original PL215, but the dealer didn't print the Plan pricing on that sheet?  So you're trying to reverse-engineer what that would've been?

Build & Price for Escape showed a destination charge of $1,495 I must've missed in the updates in this thread.  For a while (months?) window stickers were still reflecting the prior $1,245 charge on my order.  Just checked and they're now reflecting the higher $1,495.

So I have the same question as you - is the destination charge covered under price protection?

Edited by j2sys

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Advertising is already included in Ford plan prices as is the $275 admin fee (if applicable).

Correct. And the FDAF (Ford Dealer Advertising Fee) Advertising Fee is a flat rate, determined by the region, for each vehicle line and not a percentage of the MSRP or any other amount.  

17 hours ago, j2sys said:

To confirm, when you placed the order, you received a copy of the preview order sheet with invoice pricing at the original PL215, but the dealer didn't print the Plan pricing on that sheet?  So you're trying to reverse-engineer what that would've been?

Close. I downloaded PL215 and the order guide, figured out what I wanted, and told my dealer to order it. I got my order number back from them, and have been tracking on a Ford internal site since then. I know more about the vehicle then my dealer. And, I'm an idiot. My order number was on a document they email me, and it says "Preview Order," and there it is: the A-Plan pricing. ?

Edit: I got an answer to my first question from a very kind GM at a ford dealership. 
Price protection is automatic, it will not show in smart Vincent, it will be given to the dealer on their Dealer Payment Statement.”

New Question: Is the Dealer Payment Statement itemized by VIN or is it a bulk credit?

I hope this is an easy question:

At any point in the future will the price protection amount show up in Smart Vincent system? My dealer says if it shows up there in the 30-45 day window he will cut me a check? “its simple for us to look up by vin # if a payment was or wasn’t made thru smart vincent”

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that system is for incentives  but wasn’t sure about price protection. 

Edited by TrucknTrailer

My MY22 Mustang Mach 1 is due into Las Vegas next week. I've been going back and forth with my salesperson at the dealership about the Price Protection Program. She says she can't find any info on it and that it doesn't exist. I talked to her again today and she says if I can provide her with the plan number she'll try to find it again. My order date was Oct 12, 2021. I do have a copy of the preview order sheet with invoice pricing at the original PL215 with a total MSRP of $63,780 with a $500 down payment.  Where should I look for the protection plan number? Is it even available to anyone who isn't s Ford employee? This is the third Mustang we've bought from this sales person at this dealership. I'm not happy with the run around we're getting right now.

Mustang Mach

1Equipment pkg. 700A

10 Speed Automatic

Mach 1 Handling pkg.

Mischievous Purple Metallic

Mach 1 Elite pkg.

Voice-Activated Touchscreen Nav. Sys.

3 hours ago, Colls said:

My MY22 Mustang Mach 1 is due into Las Vegas next week. I've been going back and forth with my salesperson at the dealership about the Price Protection Program. She says she can't find any info on it and that it doesn't exist. I talked to her again today and she says if I can provide her with the plan number she'll try to find it again. My order date was Oct 12, 2021. I do have a copy of the preview order sheet with invoice pricing at the original PL215 with a total MSRP of $63,780 with a $500 down payment.  Where should I look for the protection plan number? Is it even available to anyone who isn't s Ford employee? This is the third Mustang we've bought from this sales person at this dealership. I'm not happy with the run around we're getting right now.

Mustang Mach

1Equipment pkg. 700A

10 Speed Automatic

Mach 1 Handling pkg.

Mischievous Purple Metallic

Mach 1 Elite pkg.

Voice-Activated Touchscreen Nav. Sys.

Price Protection is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. There is no "Plan" number for Price Protection. You should have a signed agreement detailing the specific terms of your purchase agreement including the vehicle specifications and agreed price. Price protection questions should be addressed directly to the sales manager or general manager.  

• Like 1