Ford Retail Price Increases

Mid-Year Pricing Effective July 15, 2022

ACTION REQUESTED
• Be aware of these pricing changes, effective July 15th, 2022, on select 2022 vehicles

SUMMARY
This letter announces competitive pricing actions on select 2022 model vehicles effective July 15th, 2022.

DETAILS OF MID-YEAR PRICING ACTIONS
2022 model Ford retail price changes are on Attachment I. Ford vehicle line Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and Ford vehicle's FDAF Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists will be posted on www.fmcdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPS on July 15th 2022.

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective July 15th, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to July 15th, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:

• Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before July 14, 2022 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before July 20, 2022.
  • Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

SUMMARY
Please be sure you communicate these changes within your dealerships. Thank you for your continued
commitment.

PRICE LEVELS (effective July 15, 2022)
2022 Model Year
Bronco Sport PL245
Bronco PL235
Mustang PL245
Escape PL250
Edge PL245
Explorer PL265
Expedition PL250
F-150 PL260

Icons
Bronco Sport

• Increase Base series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase Big Bend series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase Outer Banks series prices $250 MSRP

Bronco

• Increase Base series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase Big Bend series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase Outer Banks series prices $500 MSRP

Mustang

• Increase GT Fastback series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase GT Premium prices $500 MSRP

SUVs
Escape

• Increase S Gas series prices $160 MSRP
  • Increase SE Gas series prices $160 MSRP
  • Increase SEL Gas series prices $160 MSRP
  • Increase Titanium Gas series prices $160 MSRP

Edge

• Increase SE series prices $535 MSRP
  • Increase SEL series prices $135 MSRP
  • Increase ST-Line series prices $90 MSRP
  • Increase Titanium series prices $90 MSRP
  • Increase ST series prices $275 MSRP

Explorer

• Increase Base series prices $1,250 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase ST-Line series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase Timberline price $750 MSRP
  • Increase ST series prices $750 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $250 MSRP
  • Expedition Increase XL series prices $330 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $330 MSRP
  • Increase Timberline series prices $330 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $795 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $330 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $330 MSRP

Trucks
F-150

• Increase all series prices $650 MSRP

4 hours ago, jiondene537 said:

Ford has been doing this on a lot of its products. They announced that orders will be price protected but from my experience you have to fight with ford to get them. You should be fine aslong as ford doesn't dick around too much

Ford has been raising prices on a more frequent basis and for larger amounts the past two years. Ford's price protection policy has been in effect for decades and is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. 

7 hours ago, jiondene537 said:

Ford has been doing this on a lot of its products. They announced that orders will be price protected but from my experience you have to fight with ford to get them. You should be fine aslong as ford doesn't dick around too much

Wrong - you have to fight with the dealer because they’re either incompetent, lazy or greedy.  The process for the dealer is simple and has been in place for years.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, akirby said:

Wrong - you have to fight with the dealer because they’re either incompetent, lazy or greedy.  The process for the dealer is simple and has been in place for years.

Agreed. I should have included what you did as, although the process between Ford and its Dealers is automatic, the responsibility for honoring the price protection belongs to the Dealer. How many times have we read reports of Dealers denying that price protection even existed or claimed that they weren't sure Ford would actually pay the price protection adjustment? 

• Like 1

I just got my MY22 Mach 1 that I'd ordered Oct 12, 2021 and the dealer refused to give me the price protection. Told that was only for a standard Mustang (GT, Mach e, etc) not for the Mach 1 or GT 500. Than they tried to charge $10k dealer markup. Told them I was walking away from the car if they charged me the ADM. My salesperson got the ADM removed but I still paid for the price increases since Oct 2021. I asked the finance guy why the were adding ADMs and his answer was "Because we can." But I do love my new Mach 1!

29 minutes ago, Colls said:

I just got my MY22 Mach 1 that I'd ordered Oct 12, 2021 and the dealer refused to give me the price protection. Told that was only for a standard Mustang (GT, Mach e, etc) not for the Mach 1 or GT 500. Than they tried to charge $10k dealer markup. Told them I was walking away from the car if they charged me the ADM. My salesperson got the ADM removed but I still paid for the price increases since Oct 2021. I asked the finance guy why the were adding ADMs and his answer was "Because we can." But I do love my new Mach 1!

I'll have to research the matter further for confirmation, but I believe the Mustang Mach 1 is excluded from price protection the same as the Shelby GT500. I could be wrong but will see what I can find. 

Mid-Year Pricing Effective July 22, 2022 - 2022MY Super Duty

ACTION REQUESTED
• Be aware of these pricing changes, effective July 22, 2022, on select 2022MY vehicles

SUMMARY
This letter announces competitive pricing actions on select 2022 model vehicles effective July 22, 2022.

2022 model Ford retail price changes are on Attachment I. Ford vehicle line Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and Ford vehicle's FDAF Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists will be posted on www.fmcdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPS on July 22nd 2022.

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective July 22, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to July 22, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

• Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before July 21, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before July 27, 2022.
• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

SUMMARY
Please be sure you communicate these changes within your dealerships. Thank you for your continued commitment.

PRICE LEVELS (effective July 22, 2022)
2022 Model Year
Super Duty PL270

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE - Effective July 22, 2022
Trucks
Super Duty

• Increase all series prices $1,000 MSRP
Edited by ice-capades

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, wbhewitt83 said:

I ordered a F-250 in February and it went into production 8/1. Does this mean I’m going to pay a higher price than what I agreed to in Feb?

Retail orders are price protected to the price level in effect on the original order date. There are a lot of posts regarding price protection that provide additional information. 

• 2 months later...

2023MY Transit and Transit Connect Mid-Year Pricing Effective 10/17/2022

ACTION REQUESTED
Please be aware of the new MY23 Transit and Transit Connect Price Level Changes effective October 17th. Please be sure you communicate these changes within your dealerships.

SUMMARY
This letter announces competitive pricing actions on select Transit and Transit 2023 model vehicles effective October 17th, 2022.

2023 model Ford retail price changes are on Attachment I. Ford vehicle line Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and Ford vehicle's FDAF Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists will be posted on www.FMCDdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPS on October 17th 2022.

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective October 17th, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2023 model units invoiced prior to October 17th, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

• Firm 2023 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before October 16, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before October 20, 2022.

PRICE LEVELS (effective October 17, 2022)
2023-model
Transit PL330
Transit Connect PL320

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE
Effective October 17, 2022
Vans

• Increase Transit all series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase Transit Connect all series prices $1,500 MSRP

Mid-Year Pricing - 2022MY Super Duty - Effective 10/20/2022

ACTION REQUESTED
• Be aware of these pricing changes, effective October 20th, 2022, on select 2022 vehicles

SUMMARY
This letter announces competitive pricing actions on select 2022 model vehicles effective October 20th, 2022.

2022 model Ford retail price changes are on Attachment I. Ford vehicle line Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and Ford vehicle's FDAF Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists will be posted on www.fmcdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPS on October 20th 2022.

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective October 20th, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to October 20th, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

• Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before October 19, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before October 25, 2022.

SUMMARY
Please be sure you communicate these changes within your dealerships. Thank you for your continued commitment.

PRICE LEVELS (effective October 20, 2022)
2022-model
Super Duty PL280

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE
Effective October 20, 2022

Trucks

• Increase Super Duty all series prices $1,000 MSRP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/31/2022 at 6:58 AM, ice-capades said:
  • After nearly 37 years, I no longer have access to the FMCDealer.com portal. As such, I will no longer be able to post "Ford Retail Price Increases" notifications and/or the related information. 

you got cancelled......cheers buddy. Update regarding price protection...its a bloody nightmare...we have been fighting with Ford for close to a year on some solely due to how the customers nmae was entered in COVP....specifically Companies as their names become abbreviated...ie Trans Continental Inc..becomes T Inc...and that gets denied because it doesnt correl;ate with the initial order, funnily enough Ford sends e-mails to the e-mail adress one the Verification, but when it comes to price protection, thats not good enough..at least initially without a huge fight...its so bad our Owner has gotten involved...its NOT chump change. So, no, process is NOT easy at all sometimes.

• Angry 1

6 hours ago, Deanh said:

you got cancelled......cheers buddy. Update regarding price protection...its a bloody nightmare...we have been fighting with Ford for close to a year on some solely due to how the customers nmae was entered in COVP....specifically Companies as their names become abbreviated...ie Trans Continental Inc..becomes T Inc...and that gets denied because it doesnt correl;ate with the initial order, funnily enough Ford sends e-mails to the e-mail adress one the Verification, but when it comes to price protection, thats not good enough..at least initially without a huge fight...its so bad our Owner has gotten involved...its NOT chump change. So, no, process is NOT easy at all sometimes.

I'm sorry to hear Ford is acting that way.

It's easy to see how there might be some confusion when the name is not the same, but that should be easily straightened out.

It appears as though Ford does not want to honor their own program.  If a company is going to have a policy like Ford's Price Protection they should stand by it.  If not, cancel it. 

To hold out a carrot but then yank it away is worse than having no price protection at all.  It come across as nothing more that a marketing scam and makes Ford look bad.

1107charlie brown lucy football - KS Items - Photo Gallery - Cloudy Nights

28 minutes ago, sajohnson said:

It's easy to see how there might be some confusion when the name is not the same, but that should be easily straightened out.

It appears as though Ford does not want to honor their own program.  If a company is going to have a policy like Ford's Price Protection they should stand by it.  If not, cancel it. 

To hold out a carrot but then yank it away is worse than having no price protection at all.  It come across as nothing more that a marketing scam and makes Ford look bad.

1107charlie brown lucy football - KS Items - Photo Gallery - Cloudy Nights

They make it insanely difficult for sure...for instance...I myself was eligble for a $925 rebate...however we sold the house we were in and I then had a different adress from what was on the initial order...the process to apply for said rebate was mind blowingly annoying, convoluted and infuriating...I literally gave up. Im now 100% certain it is made that difficult in the hopes dealerships give up...as a dealer we havent marked vehicles up over MSRP, when the subject comes up we dont change the selling price but do notify the individuals if any money gets re-imbursed to us regarding their order it will be sent to them. I personally got $2600 back on my Bronco, although I did give up on the mentioned rebate (  the price had gone up 4.5 k from when I ordered it ) and Ive had some Transits where customers have had upwards of 4k. Its effecting companies more than individuals...although individuals that order under a nickname also cause nightmares ( god forbid Ford has sent them actual e-mails regarding THEIR order ! )  

3 hours ago, sajohnson said:

The problem is dealers trying to scheme the system with fake retail orders to get more allocation.  It would be hard for Ford to look at tens of thousands of individual orders.

If they do away with incremental allocations for COVP orders which I’ve heard then it’s a moot point.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...