Ford Retail Price Increases

11 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

@ice-capades

i have a rather odd situation, maybe you have experience with this and can advise.  My order was submitted by dealer via WBDO on 12/7, the day before MSRP increases went up. 

Today my sales guy finally got around to sending me the paperwork and the build sheet/DORA which i am supposed to sign had an increased MSRP, not the preview build sheet MSRP pricing we agreed on 12/7. Now he is not sure what to do, says he will reach out to their regional rep on monday to see what can be done.

My question is, do you think i might be honored price level 240 given that the order was formally submitted in WBDO on 12/7 or moved to current price level 245 because we did not sign the paperwork in time.

Given this wording from above, i’m not sure what to make of it, my thinking is that i’m $1295 screwed now, even though i tried hard to get everything done right prior to msrp increase.

Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021

Don't rely on what a sales representative tells you. In addition, a sales representative doesn't have access to the Ford Zone Manager. Talk directly to the Sales Manager or General Manager.  

• Like 1

I just received my window sticker recently and I noticed the MSRP had gone up $1,295, exactly what they stated in their notice effective December 8th. However, my F350 was order was signed and dated back in September so should be covered by the so called "Price Protection". So is this going to be a hassle between my dealer and myself once the truck is delivered? I've made no changes to the order since the original.

16 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I just received my window sticker recently and I noticed the MSRP had gone up $1,295, exactly what they stated in their notice effective December 8th. However, my F350 was order was signed and dated back in September so should be covered by the so called "Price Protection". So is this going to be a hassle between my dealer and myself once the truck is delivered? I've made no changes to the order since the original.

As posted above. Dealer Invoices and Window Stickers are generated with the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. The price protection for retail orders is an accounting function between the dealership and Ford that adjusts the vehicle prices to those in effect on the original order date.

I ordered my F350back in June under XPlan pricing. When I got access to window sticker last week it shows what looks like coding for Retail pricing. I spoke to the dealership the next day and they told me I will still get XPlan. Question though is does is make a difference in price of the vehicle I will end up paying whether it comes in under XPlan pricing? Or if the dealer gives me the vehicle at XPlan pricing?  I'm retired, disabled military but work for a defense contractor that gets XPlan pricing. Looking at cost of the vehicle of what i expected compared to what reality will be once I get the vehicle in my possession. Dealership did not admit anything regarding invoice pricing, just guaranteed XPlan when I asked them last week. Thanks. 

Edited by bhidalgo63

X plan is applied at the time of sale.  Has nothing to do with how the vehicle is built.  Every vehicle has x plan pricing on the invoice.  The difference in window stickers is whether it’s a retail (sold) order of dealer stock, neither of which matters as far as x plan.  You can buy a dealer stock vehicle using x plan.

• Like 1

Ice, I know you’ve answered the question of the retail price protection until you’re blue in the face - but I just want to get your advice on something. 

I ordered my F450 on November 5th before the $1295 price increase and my order was confirmed that day.  The standard price the dealership I ordered from charges for retail orders is Invoice + $450.  Today, December 17th, I asked the inventory manager to remove adaptive steering from my build.  The new order sheet he sent me to confirm the removal has the new higher base pricing making the net change +$295 after removing the $1,000 feature.  I mentioned to him what has been posted here about the price protection for retail orders placed before December 8th, but he genuinely didn’t have a clue about it. He told me they can lock in incentives but that pricing isn’t locked in until after the vehicle is built/invoiced, so he didn’t think the invoiced amount was price protected.  He said we would find out after the build occurred.  And mind you this is the inventory manager of a very large dealership out here. 

I saw you mention that Ford would provide Automatic Price Protection for retail orders placed before December 8th, but then you also said in another post “The Dealer files a price protection claim with Ford which is an internal accounting procedure and separate from your purchase agreement with the Dealer.

Now on to my question…  Will the pre-December 8th pricing automatically show up when the dealer is actually invoiced for my build (even though I made a change today by removing Adaptive Steering today)?  Or will they need to file a price protection claim?  I hope it’s not the latter because I honestly don’t think he knows how to do that.

Edited by manko

7 hours ago, manko said:

Ice, I know you’ve answered the question of the retail price protection until you’re blue in the face - but I just want to get your advice on something. 

I ordered my F450 on November 5th before the $1295 price increase and my order was confirmed that day.  The standard price the dealership I ordered from charges for retail orders is Invoice + $450.  Today, December 17th, I asked the inventory manager to remove adaptive steering from my build.  The new order sheet he sent me to confirm the removal has the new higher base pricing making the net change +$295 after removing the $1,000 feature.  I mentioned to him what has been posted here about the price protection for retail orders placed before December 8th, but he genuinely didn’t have a clue about it. He told me they can lock in incentives but that pricing isn’t locked in until after the vehicle is built/invoiced, so he didn’t think the invoiced amount was price protected.  He said we would find out after the build occurred.  And mind you this is the inventory manager of a very large dealership out here. 

I saw you mention that Ford would provide Automatic Price Protection for retail orders placed before December 8th, but then you also said in another post “The Dealer files a price protection claim with Ford which is an internal accounting procedure and separate from your purchase agreement with the Dealer.

Now on to my question…  Will the pre-December 8th pricing automatically show up when the dealer is actually invoiced for my build (even though I made a change today by removing Adaptive Steering today)?  Or will they need to file a price protection claim?  I hope it’s not the latter because I honestly don’t think he knows how to do that.

Great! Another clueless Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing!

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) doesn't open at the beginning of year unless both complete vehicle specifications AND pricing is available. Retail orders receive automatic price protection for the prices in effect on the day the order was submitted and received by Ford. Dealer Invoices and Window Stickers are generated with the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. The price protection for retail orders is an accounting function between the dealership and Ford that adjusts the vehicle prices to those in effect on the original order date.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display the prices in effect at the time the order specifications on the "Preview" screen are displayed.

When Ford announces retail pricing changes, the notice is posted on the main page of the FMCDealer.com portal. As I've posted in the corresponding forum (Ford Retail Price Increases), the notice always includes the information for the retail order price protection.

When vehicle specifications are changed, the Dealer simply adjusts the sales agreement and price based on the prices in effect on the original order date.  

As noted, the Dealer Invoice is created using the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle was produced. The retail order is price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date, but the Dealer has to file a price protection claim with Ford which is an internal accounting adjustment between the dealership and Ford. Ford does not generate either Window Stickers or Dealer Invoices using the prices in effect on the original order date. The retail order price protection only applies if the vehicle is delivered to the same customer that placed the order originally. The price protection process is handled by the dealership's main office staff, not an inventory or sales manager, using the original order documentation to support the claim. Your "Inventory Manager" should talk to the dealership's main office staff as the retail order price protection process has existed for decades! In addition, the price protection process does not delay vehicle delivery to the customer.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 4

Mid-Year Pricing Effective December 27, 2021

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective December 27, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 27, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021.
• Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE - Effective December 27, 2021
Trucks

F-150

• Increase XL series prices $350 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase Lariat series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase Raptor series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase Tremor series prices $880 MSRP
  • Increase 19S STX Appearance Package price $530 MSRP

Ranger

• Increase all series prices $215 MSRP

Maverick

• Increase XLT series prices $80 MSRP
  • Increase Lariat series prices $370 MSRP
  • Increase 43L Power Tilt / Slide Moon Roof price $200 MSRP
  • Increase 86B Ford Co-Pilot360TM price $110 MSRP
  • Increase 54P Lariat Luxury Package price $410 MSRP
  • Increase 54L XLT Luxury Package price $155 MSRP
  • Increase 54B XLT Luxury Package price $155 MSRP
  • Increase AHNAB Roadside Assistance Kit price $10 MSRP
  • Increase AHQAB First Aid Kit price $10 MSRP
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 8:08 AM, ice-capades said:

Great! Another clueless Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing!

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) doesn't open at the beginning of year unless both complete vehicle specifications AND pricing is available. Retail orders receive automatic price protection for the prices in effect on the day the order was submitted and received by Ford. Dealer Invoices and Window Stickers are generated with the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. The price protection for retail orders is an accounting function between the dealership and Ford that adjusts the vehicle prices to those in effect on the original order date.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display the prices in effect at the time the order specifications on the "Preview" screen are displayed.

When Ford announces retail pricing changes, the notice is posted on the main page of the FMCDealer.com portal. As I've posted in the corresponding forum (Ford Retail Price Increases), the notice always includes the information for the retail order price protection.

When vehicle specifications are changed, the Dealer simply adjusts the sales agreement and price based on the prices in effect on the original order date.  

As noted, the Dealer Invoice is created using the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle was produced. The retail order is price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date, but the Dealer has to file a price protection claim with Ford which is an internal accounting adjustment between the dealership and Ford. Ford does not generate either Window Stickers or Dealer Invoices using the prices in effect on the original order date. The retail order price protection only applies if the vehicle is delivered to the same customer that placed the order originally. The price protection process is handled by the dealership's main office staff, not an inventory or sales manager, using the original order documentation to support the claim. Your "Inventory Manager" should talk to the dealership's main office staff as the retail order price protection process has existed for decades! In addition, the price protection process does not delay vehicle delivery to the customer.

Hope this helps! 

This is GREAT information! Thanks for sharing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mid-Year Pricing Effective February 15, 2022

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective February 15, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to February 15, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:

• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before February14, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before February 18, 2022.
  • Fleet CPA or GPC orders will continue to be price protected to the individual customer’s contract agreement or bid date.

PRICE LEVELS (effective February 15, 2022)
2022-model
Mustang PL225
Escape PL230
Edge PL225
Explorer PL235
F150 PL235
Super Duty PL250

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE
Effective February 15, 2022

Icons
Mustang

• Increase GT series prices $825 MSRP
  • Increase GT Premium series prices $825 MSRP
  • Increase Shelby GT500 price $1,090 MSRP
  • Increase 19B Active Valve Performance Exhaust price $230 MSRP
  • Increase 60G Black Accent Package price $100 MSRP
  • Increase 60K Mach 1 Handling Package price $500 MSRP

SUVs

Escape

• Increase S series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase SE Gas series prices $350 MSRP
  • Increase SE HEV series prices $675 MSRP
  • Increase SEL Gas 1.5L series prices $250 MSRP
  • Increase SEL Gas 2.0L series prices $425 MSRP
  • Increase SEL HEV series prices $575 MSRP
  • Increase Titanium Gas series prices $275 MSRP
  • Increase Titanium HEV series prices $575 MSRP
  • Increase SE PHEV series prices $400 MSRP
  • Increase SEL PHEV series prices $400 MSRP
  • Increase Titanium PHEV series prices $400 MSRP
  • Increase 43M Panoramic Visa Roof price $100 MSRP
  • Increase 86B Convenience Package price $50 MSRP
  • Increase PC8 Stone Blue Metallic Paint price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PD4 Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat price $100 MSRP
  • Increase 86D Technology Package price $200 MSRP
  • Increase 86C Cold Weather Package price $50 MSRP

Edge

• Increase all series prices $750 MSRP

Explorer

• Increase Base series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $1,100 MSRP
  • Increase ST-Line series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase Limited Gas series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase Limited HEV series prices $515 MSRP
  • Increase Timberline series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase ST series prices $500 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $385 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum Gas series prices $505 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum HEV series prices $480 MSRP

Trucks

F-150

• Increase XLT series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase Lariat series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase Raptor series prices $3,300 MSRP
  • Increase Tremor series prices $1,500 MSRP
  • Increase 19S STX Appearance Package price $500 MSRP

Super Duty

• Increase all series prices $1,000 MSRP

Edited by ice-capades
  • Angry 3

44 minutes ago, greatoppressor said:

Gradually warming folks up to MY23 prices...

-SR-

There's a 99.9% probability that there will be another price increase by the end of the 2022 Model Year which is Ford's usual practice. That way, when they announce the initial 2023 Model Year prices the increase doesn't look as much. It's as much as recovering increased costs as well as a marketing ploy when the end-of-year prices are compared to the new Model Year prices. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, benpack61 said:

How in the hell they going to increase price and not even have all the options available?

Tempted to hide your comment as being "Off Topic" but instead will reply that your post about option availability is not true. Yes, there is limited availability for certain options due to commodity, supplier and plant constraints but Ford is limiting availability of those to retail factory orders only in order to maximize retail order scheduling and production. If you're going to b**** about options, vehicle specifications or scheduling, take it elsewhere as it doesn't belong here!  

Thank you for the info @ice-capades. Very well put and knowledgeable. My truck should be here in April time frame with a scheduled build in a few weeks.

Is there any literature or announcements that we can bring to our dealers to show them who are not familiar with price protection?

I ordered my truck in Sept and even put a deposit down. Also signed on the build sheet for X plan. When I spoke to the sales rep in December before that price increase he said they have to increase the price with Ford. So essentially my truck has gone up to 2,295 if I’m not mistaken or that ball park since I ordered. Trying to go in there with knowledge of the price protection and instruction if they try to get me to pay. 

• Like 1