Ford Crashes Moab Easter Safari With New Bronco

The BEV Bronco isn’t as far in the future as you think and there are ways around the range issues in the toolbox. Instant torque changes rock crawling. Engineering actually has some power in the company currently with budgets and making class leading product. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

The BEV Bronco isn’t as far in the future as you think and there are ways around the range issues in the toolbox. Instant torque changes rock crawling. Engineering actually has some power in the company currently with budgets and making class leading product. 

Theres a lot to like about Ford's baby powerboost, I hope that it encourages Ford to do more with that line of PHEV.

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've heard a few things recently that are cause to be excited.

Patience people, patience. 

Such as this “rumor” related to the 2022 Ranger?

It will use a 2.3-liter turbocharged engine mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and supported by an electric motor for a combined output of 362 horsepower (270 kilowatts) and 502 pound-feet (680 Newton-meters) of torque.”

https://www.motor1.com/news/424683/2022-ford-ranger-rumors/

....off topic, my bad...Back to Bronco accessories, the aftermarket support for Bronco is going to be phenomenal.  

8 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

People seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that 5 years is a typical product cycle, which puts us at the 2027MY-which is very close to mandates for BEVs from some governments. 

I'd fully expect that at least 80-90% of Ford's NA lineup to be BEV or a PHEV by the 2030MY. 

Maybe I'll trade mine in when a BEV Bronco shows up...I'll have my new one paid off by then LOL 

49 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'd fully expect that at least 80-90% of Ford's NA lineup to be BEV or a PHEV by the 2030MY. 

Trying to figure out what exactly this means.

1. 80-90% of nameplates will offer a BEV and/or PHEV variant 
  2. 80-90% of models will be BEV or PHEV.
  3. 80-90% of sales will be BEV or PHEV.

One seems plausible, two is a stretch, three is slightly better than having flying cars.

12 minutes ago, slemke said:

Trying to figure out what exactly this means.

1. 80-90% of nameplates will offer a BEV and/or PHEV variant 
  2. 80-90% of models will be BEV or PHEV.
  3. 80-90% of sales will be BEV or PHEV.

One seems plausible, two is a stretch, three is slightly better than having flying cars.

For passenger cars and light trucks, Ford will probably set a goal for NA that's similar to what it announced in Europe back in February. Ford Europe Goes All-In On EVs On Road To Sustainable Profitability; Cologne Site Begins $1 Billion Transformation | Ford Media Center

1. By mid-2026, 100 percent of Ford’s passenger vehicle range in Europe will be zero-emissions capable, all-electric or plug-in hybrid
  2. Will be completely all-electric by 2030

So for Bronco, the next product cycle will have only BEV and PHEV versions upon model introduction, and BEV only toward the second half of the cycle.

19 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

That's great!  I'm expecting Ford to have competition for the new Hummer BEV, Wrangler 4xe, and upcoming Toyota  4x4 (4Runner/Land Cruiser) in short order :) .  

• Like 1

I don't love the bumpers on the ARB one, but they're more integrated looking than a lot of them. The license plate on the spare is a no go for me, though.

I havne't seen the Wildtrak's plastic rear bumper in person yet, but hate it in pictures (the steel/plastic upper cap one that BD/BL/FE get looks so much better), so I'm keeping an eye out for replacement options!

4-Wheel-Parts-custom-Bronco-four-door-SUV_02.jpg

received_348663639912716-jpeg.104461

undefined

On the 4wp one, I don't love or hate the Bronco text on the stripe, but what kills my OCD more is the stripe going through the middle of the handles and badging, but I understand you can't really go lower than that with the wheel arch/well there.

That rear bumper isn't terrible either (though has the same license plate issue).

undefined

I thought it was neat how they wrapped the roof pillars.

I kind of wish they'd gone with different flares here - the stock Sasquatch ones look out of place with the new bumper.