TESLA & BEV Charging Discussion

ice-capades

I thought that it might be appropriate at this time to create a new BOF forum dedicated specifically to BEV charging since it's an increasing part of discussions. 

These photos are of the new TESLA charging station recently installed at the entrance of the Hamden Plaza on Dixwell Avenue in Hamden, CT (population 60,000 and a suburb of New Haven, CT) which has historically been known as the "Magic Mile" for its mile of retail shopping in numerous strip malls. The Hamden Plaza is considered one of the first strip shopping malls created. Bob Thomas Ford is located just up the street.  

On any given day it's common to see one or two Tesla vehicles on the road in Hamden for what it's worth. 

TESLA_Charging Station Closeup_2021-03-31_Hamden_CT.jpg

TESLA_12-Station Charging_2021-03-31_Hamden_CT.jpg

• Thanks 1

Great idea Ice.  If you don't mind, I'd like to drop this video here, turns out all 14-50 sockets are not created equally, fair amount of reports of damage using a lesser-quality socket.  I've recently upgraded my install to the Bryant 9450FR, which is a sister-company clone of the highly-rated Hubbell HBL9450A, albeit a little less expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRcDUZgeuGs

HRG

• Thanks 1