SuperDuty shortages

I asked the question in another thread (possibly the wrong thread for the discussion) about a shortage in the SuperDuty lineup and if there is a potential for the 2022 ordered between now and end of July to possibly not be delivered this year. I want to expand on the conversation and get more input, but I don't want to derail the other thread so I am starting a new one.

What is the typical peak selling season for SuperDuties in the Southwest region? Is the peak season the same throughout the country or does if very by region? If this trend continues, will the dealerships be out of inventory before the 2022 trucks ship?

On 4/2/2021 at 5:31 AM, rperez817 said:

Yes sir Robin Hood, Cox Automotive's latest Data Point issue confirmed this. The report indicated that F-Series Super Duty inventory levels were down to as low as 43 days supply for certain configurations. 

March-23-models-chip-shortage-table-Detr

What would be a "normal days supply"?

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Most automotive industry experts consider 60-70 days supply to be normal.

The 60-70 day supply may be considered normal for most vehicles but not necessarily for F-Series due to all the models, trim levels, etc. Dealers try to stock more than that to have enough vehicles in stock with specifications that their customers desire and will buy.  

• Thanks 1

in our neck of the woods just about every dealer within 100 miles are very low on super dutys (less than 10, most of those are XL or single cab models and xlts), the ram lots are experiencing similiar shortages. Ford and Ram make up an overwhelming number around here for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, lots of farms and livestock to me moved around

in fact our dealer would not honor x plan on our truck, but saw the light late saturday and found a way to sell at x plan plus 2k  off . 

very few 450 or 250/350 upper ends models. KR and Platinum's

mine was built march of this year and had just arrived the week previous. 

we had been looking for a few months to find the truck that fit our wants and needs.

Not surprisingly due to the Covid-19 impact, my dealership had its best overall sales for March for the past 12 months. Our Super Duty inventory is actually about average right now. F-150 inventory is about a 30-day supply right now and will get worse due to the microchip shortage impact on production and delayed delivery on scheduled orders.