Instrument display customization

XJ6

The instrument cluster behind the steering wheel on the 2021 Aviator is divided into thirds with the speedometer in the center (in normal drive mode) and various information in the right third.  But the left third is basically empty. Does anyone know how to display information over there?  I know I can turn on the tachometer display which puts that on the left and the speedometer on the right with data in the middle but what I really want is the speedometer in the middle and data on both the left and right side.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

13 hours ago, XJ6 said:

The instrument cluster behind the steering wheel on the 2021 Aviator is divided into thirds with the speedometer in the center (in normal drive mode) and various information in the right third.  But the left third is basically empty. Does anyone know how to display information over there?  I know I can turn on the tachometer display which puts that on the left and the speedometer on the right with data in the middle but what I really want is the speedometer in the middle and data on both the left and right side.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

I've only ever seen the tach on the left side, on my 2020 BL. Honestly, though, with the Heads Up Display, I almost always keep my eyes on the road and hardly ever glance at the instrument cluster!

Edited by BriBoy

• 2 weeks later...

My 2021 Aviator only shows the name of the song playing on SiriusXM in the left third of the screen.  I cannot get anything else to display there.

My middle section is intermittently showing the digital speed in the center of the speedometer, but most of the time it is blank with just the speed shown on the tip of the speedometer needle.  I’m taking it to the dealer. 

My dealer’s service department claims that the digital speed is not supposed to appear in the center of the speedometer when the HUD is turned on.  It is only supposed to appear within the speedometer when the HUD is turned off.  However, they said there is a software glitch that causes the digital speed to appear sometimes even with HUD on.  Lincoln has not issued a software fix as of 4/21/21.